Anyone else old enough to remember the Electric Company?

Ok, time to date myself. I remember fondly Howdy Doody, the original Mickey Mouse Club, Sheri Lewis (I had a serious crush on her) and Captain Kangaroo (in black and white, of course.)

How about Kukla, Fran and Ollie?

Also, both my children were on Romper Room (at different times) and each got a certificate stating they were "Good Do Bees!"

And how many of us only know the Preamble when we sing it? :rolleyes1

Wasn't Electric Company the one with the two people that would say the beginning and end of a word? Uh, Like "Dis" "Ney" "Disney".

And the kids will sometimes watch Scooby Doo re-runs, they show them all the time on tv, and DH and I look at them now and say "wow, Shaggy is a total stoner". Never thought twice about it when we were kids.
::yes::
Electric Company Theme Song (yes, I remember it. I watched it with my younger sister)
Monkees Theme Song (I loved Davy Jones :lovestruc )
Shari Lewis (in her pony tail days, not the curly short hair days)
Mr. Rogers (another one I watched with my little sister, in the black and white days).
The Flintstones!
The Jetsons (I wanted one of those rocket ship cars)
Land of the Lost

Anyone remember the Bugaloos? I loved the haircut on the girl (and I would have liked her wings for myself too).

How about Kukla, Fran and Ollie?

Also, both my children were on Romper Room (at different times) and each got a certificate stating they were "Good Do Bees!"

I almost forgot about Romper Room :yay:

Suzanne

I also remember Morgan Freeman on the Electric company. I used to watch it all the time. The New Zoo Review was great too.

I also remember Morgan Freeman on the Electric company. I used to watch it all the time. The New Zoo Review was great too.

Scooby Doo where are you.
Lassie
Jonny Quest
Speed Racer
The local Bill Hatten show
Star Trek
Lidsville, yes I watched that as a teen. Dont ask.
Batman
The Virginian
Bonanza
Gunsmoke, yep I was a baby watching that one back about 1958.
Ralph Story's show (adult show but grandma always watched it before going home)

Soup Sales
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNv3rVV1mfs&feature=related

Billy Barty's Big Show
1963-1967
started as 30 minutes and expanded to an hour.
He was a champion of disabled rights and the rights of little people. He was my hero and as a kid that was one of my favourites but I cannot find anything on it. Even records say he was born in 1924 or 1910. I think the first number was probably right. I loved that show.

::yes::
I posted a link to their theme song in an earlier post.
I really liked them.

I clicked the link and now I see it is "We're in the air and everywhere...."
too funny...I love when I find out the lyrics to songs I knew as a child were different than I thought....LOL

Thanks for the link....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter