• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else having major shop disney problems?

ktlm

DIS Veteran
I opened my shipment from Shop Disney only to find my packing slip with my items listed, but someone else's order in the box. Some poor little toddler isn't getting her things as they were in my box instead of my adult shirt, mug etc. I can't get any response from Disney-- I have tried to call- gotten wait times of 118 minutes, 60 minutes and 82 minutes. I've tried E-mailing direct to guestservices@shopdisney.com and also through the contact link on the website. I even tried another E-mail to the e-mail address they tell you to use on the packing slip which I knew was wrong as it is still listed as a "disneystore.com" address, so of course that E-mail came back as undeliverable, but I thought it was worth trying. I've sat on the phone waiting, but never get a person. I've had trouble with them Pre-Covid--- this isn't the first time I got someone else's order, had items missing from mine, or my order was never shipped---- but this is a new level when I can't get into contact with them. Is it just me or is anyone else having these type of issues? Also-- if you have a toddler and got the wrong order-- I may have yours. I looked on line and sadly only one of that little girl's items is still in stock- I sure hope it was just something an adult ordered and she had not seen the things and was not expecting them.

I haven't specifically had issues with ShopDisney, but have had a ton of recent retail related issues that in the past would have quickly been able to resolve with an email or online chat. I've now had a store respond that they are not responding to customer service emails at this time and that I had to call, to then sit on hold for over an hour with no answer. And a similar issue with another online store that I couldn't get through to customer service and no response to my email (after three days). I have taken to direct messaging retailers on FB and if I don't receive a response there, posting on their social media with my complaint. All of my issues have been resolved to my satisfaction. Good luck.

Yikes. I hope my recent order is ok.... the last one was fine

I ordered Disney Parks Uno in July and it seemed like the shipping confirmation came quick, but then the package never moved according to the tracking. I waited a week or more, then tried to reach out to Disney. The wait time for the phone was 99 minutes. I hung up. I then contacted them via the link on the website and no response. Eventually my package arrived, and it was correct. A week or two later I got a response that was just verbiage and no direct help, from the online helpdesk question I submitted.

In one of my recent orders, 3 of the 4 items were cancelled, but I never got an email. After I saw a shipment went out with only 1 item, I logged into the web site and saw the other items had been cancelled.

I think they must be overwhelmed right now. I had to return an item back in March or April (when my local stores were closed). I didn't wait long to talk to someone on the phone and they were really helpful (emailed me a free return label).

I orderd star wars mask April 30th... when I ask they tell me I just need to wait longer... they are expecting it be September. I dont think it's right to hold $60 four months

I orderd star wars mask April 30th... when I ask they tell me I just need to wait longer... they are expecting it be September. I dont think it's right to hold $60 four months
They haven’t been holding your money. My card was authorized when I bought my masks but it wasn’t captured and eventually fell off my pending charges. And I was charged when they shipped.

Update--- Yesterday, afternoon I called back and waited on hold for an hour and half and finally got a live person. She was very nice and helpful and supposedly was able replace my order and send me a mailing label to send back the other person's order. She told me that I would get a confirmation E-mail shortly for my replaced order and an Email from the carrier shortly with the return label. Over 24 hours later and I have gotten neither. Still no response at all to the original e-mail I sent or the message I sent through their website- I believe you all are right-- it has to be a phone call. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the promised E-mails show up soon - otherwise I guess I will be spending another hour and a half on hold.

I got an email that they were processing my return...only I didn't have a current order...nor did I receive any money or credit--thank goodness! Dan't imagine trying to straighten that out.

I got an email that they were processing my return...only I didn't have a current order...nor did I receive any money or credit--thank goodness! Dan't imagine trying to straighten that out.

Yikes--that is a new one! Good thing you didn't have an order and didn't have to deal with it.

It has now been 2 days and still neither of the promised e-mails. No return label for the other person's order and no confirmation e-mail for my replaced order. I have tried to call them today-- but I can't get a hold time of under 90 minutes.

I'm in a couple Disney pin groups on FB and there has been a lot of messed up shopDisney orders. Many issues like what you posted, getting someone else's items, not getting certain items at all and then honestly some people have just gotten completely empty boxes. Not sure what's going on, but customer service is extremely hard to reach. I have 2 shipments coming, some with the Minnie's Main Attraction items, which are hard to get to begin with, so fingers crossed. Hope you get your issue resolved! You're not alone!

I’ve created a Twitter account- that has been the best way to contact retailers for me. I don’t have personal information just my initials on the account and only use it for that. For me the companies seem to responds faster there than Facebook.

I just got my order.3 items just as they should be..... hope yours works out!

I ordered a few things including a gift card. I received a message saying that they cancelled the gift card due to my request which I obviously did not request. I tried sending a message but just got another automated message back that didn't really give me any information. I am guessing that the gift card that I chose was out of stock but the whole cancelling because I requested that was just really weird. I did receive the rest of my order okay though.

I had part of my order ship last Thursday. I received notification from UPS that the package was accepted at my local post office at 11:00 AM on Saturday. When I hadn't received it by this Thursday, I stopped at my local post office to see if they could help me locate the package. They could not. They said that they did not have it and the problem was with UPS providing incorrect tracking information. As of today, the tracking still lists the package as being at the post office. Meanwhile, the second half of my order shipped yesterday and I am supposed to receive it on Wednesday.
UPS/USPS are not the only carriers I am having problems with. I ordered a pair of shoes two weeks ago that were supposed to be delivered by FedEx last Sunday. They were not delivered and disappeared in the system for two days. They showed up yesterday and scheduled for delivery today. They were not delivered and are now showing up as "No delivery date available". Not sure if I will ever get either one of the packages.

I had part of my order ship last Thursday. I received notification from UPS that the package was accepted at my local post office at 11:00 AM on Saturday. When I hadn't received it by this Thursday, I stopped at my local post office to see if they could help me locate the package. They could not. They said that they did not have it and the problem was with UPS providing incorrect tracking information. As of today, the tracking still lists the package as being at the post office. Meanwhile, the second half of my order shipped yesterday and I am supposed to receive it on Wednesday.
UPS/USPS are not the only carriers I am having problems with. I ordered a pair of shoes two weeks ago that were supposed to be delivered by FedEx last Sunday. They were not delivered and disappeared in the system for two days. They showed up yesterday and scheduled for delivery today. They were not delivered and are now showing up as "No delivery date available". Not sure if I will ever get either one of the packages.
I had a package mailed 8/15. It sat in Nashville 3 days then was in transit to Arizona for 8 days. Finally arrived! This was usps. Hopefully yours arrives soon. I’ve had USPS items say out for delivery- never arrive go to PO and have every excuse why no delivered! Can’t give it to me and shows up next day. Things have declined in past few months!

Well- it took another phone call with a wait time of only 15 minutes, but on Thursday I got a package with the stuff I ordered!

They still haven't sent me a return mailing label to send the wrong order they sent back although in both phone calls I was told it would be E-mailed.

We have ordered a ton of stuff online since March and this is the first time we have had any issues. We had one package that was a delayed a while because it was coming from another country- but everything else has been fine so far. For at least a couple of years when UPS transfers to the post office for delivery we get messages or tracking that the package has been delivered when it has not- but it always shows up a couple of days later.

Well- it took another phone call with a wait time of only 15 minutes, but on Thursday I got a package with the stuff I ordered!

They still haven't sent me a return mailing label to send the wrong order they sent back although in both phone calls I was told it would be E-mailed.

We have ordered a ton of stuff online since March and this is the first time we have had any issues. We had one package that was a delayed a while because it was coming from another country- but everything else has been fine so far. For at least a couple of years when UPS transfers to the post office for delivery we get messages or tracking that the package has been delivered when it has not- but it always shows up a couple of days later.

I have a similar situation. I ordered 3 items, but only received 2 items, and neither was what I ordered.

I refused to sit on hold for hours so I sent an e-mail with attached photos to let them know what happened. Took a while, but I did get a response, and about a week ago I received a package with 2 correct items from my order (the other item is out of stock now - so I'm tough out of luck on it).

The corrected package came a little over a week ago, but still no shipping label, so I sent a follow-up message. They said the shipping label should have been generated the day my corrected order was mailed out (clearly it wasn't) so the rep said she'd request a new one. Nothing yet, but it's only been a couple of days.

Oh, and no refund for the 1 item that wasn't in either of the packages, but honestly the $20 or so bucks I'm out isn't worth the hassle of dealing with them, they can keep that money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter