Anyone else guilty of buying something else non essential

......I thnk we take too much time in the store buying non-essential foods....if we just stuck to the list then wife and I would be out quickly and not bumping into everyone at the store....but she just likes to shop, so I just found a safe area in the soft drink arena and waited for her to come out of the crowded ice cream section......Oh....she went to Yuma Sams club abd went asile shopping for non-essentials in addition to supplies for sanitation.

After a couple weeks it was time to venture out to Costco last Saturday to stock up. Gloves, check. Shopping List, check. Get all the items that are needed, and walk past one of the rolled carpets now $30 off. In the basket it goes.

Go to check out, smart aleck in the aisle next to me says, "That doesn't look like an essential item," with a tad to serious tone. I was tempted to asked if my mother had been reincarnated, but decided I wouldn't go there. Instead I just said, "You think Costco is going to stay in in business or not jack up the price of milk, cereal and eggs if you don't buy some of the other items?" I think he got the point. After he was gone the Costco employee smiled and said, "You're 100% right."

Shop all you want I say. Amazon did the right thing by lowering the priority of non-essential items, so be guilt free and support the economy!

online shopping is my thing, but was before this as well. only now, its been a bit on overdrive. Ive ordered 6 pairs of Vionics lol. I live in them year round and a girl needs every color...

I keep getting their emails. I am so tempted!!

I bought a jack hammer, a star fruit tree, a fig tree, some worm castings, a plant caddy, and a combo thermometer/rain gauge. The trees and worm castings I bought at a local small business...strict 8' spacing between customers or the proprietor will kick you out (and he means business).

I've got several things in my cart but I just can't bring myself to buy them yet. I'll wait until things slow down because I have no idea when I'll get to my shipping address to pick anything up anyways.

I haven't gone to a store specifically to buy something non-essential but I have bought non-essential items while already at the same store.

I have purchased items online...ship it when you can, it doesn't bother me.

I am on an altered work schedule. I just completed my 5 days and am now off for several. I intend to go grocery shopping later this week and that will probably be it now that I can actually stay home for an extended period of time (unless someone at work tests positive...then I'm going to get the phone call to report back).

---

And in terms of guilt. You cannot please everyone. Now that they are saying you should try to avoid grocery stores this week you have two camps of people. You have the people who think you should have already been prepared and ready to stay home for two solid weeks (which are the hoarders) and you still have the people who are mad the hoarders. I personally don't care what anyone thinks of me. You can't win.

I bought a charcoal grill and some hiking shirts from REI. I got the grill through Amazon and the shirts from REI through their online site.

I’ve done online shopping for non essentials. Trying to stay out of stores. I’m really trying not to but have been to get beer, Lowe’s, and Home Depot all twice. They were before the stay at home order but after they started closing things down. First trip was the first day they closed stuff down for paint. One trip was to pickup online order that was too expensive to ship. Two other trips were to exchange items that didn’t work out.

I may be making one more trip to Home Depot. I order online and just walk in and pick it up. The things I’m getting could wait, but I don’t have much time while working so I’m trying to do things while I’m off. I know it’s not a good excuse but I don’t have any plans after I finish this last project.

I haven't gone to a store specifically to buy something non-essential but I have bought non-essential items while already at the same store.

I have purchased items online...ship it when you can, it doesn't bother me.

I am on an altered work schedule. I just completed my 5 days and am now off for several. I intend to go grocery shopping later this week and that will probably be it now that I can actually stay home for an extended period of time (unless someone at work tests positive...then I'm going to get the phone call to report back).

---

And in terms of guilt. You cannot please everyone. Now that they are saying you should try to avoid grocery stores this week you have two camps of people. You have the people who think you should have already been prepared and ready to stay home for two solid weeks (which are the hoarders) and you still have the people who are mad the hoarders. I personally don't care what anyone thinks of me. You can't win.

I am working on that I dont care what others think however easier said then done and trying to kerp my condo cluter free

I am working on that I dont care what others think however easier said then done and trying to kerp my condo cluter free

My high school years would have been much better for me if I worked on my not caring earlier in life. You are going to be judged and you are going to judge others. I judge others all the time, purposefully and not purposefully. There are very few people in this world that I can judge where my judgement makes any difference in their lives and those very few, tiny amount of people will know it just like I know the very few, tiny amount of people whose judgement I care about.

When I go out, I do buy nonessentials. I limit my trips out. I do not feel the least bit guilty about it.

That's how I'm doing it too. I wouldn't go to Lowes for seeds and potting soil, but when I was there for what I needed to repair a screen our kitten destroyed and replace a doorknob that stopped working (with really comical results, BTW), I didn't hesitate to grab those non-essential supplies at the same time. And since I was out, I did a curbside order with Best Buy to get the last Star Wars movie on blu-ray.

I'm also not above buying potato chips, fancy cheese, wine and Easter candy when I'm in the grocery store, even though none of that is strictly essential either. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter