Anyone at VWL on 8/14 during the blackout!!

jel0511

DIS Veteran
Hi -

We just returned from our first trip home and all I can say is WOW!!!! We had a wonderful time and just didn't want to leave. After touring the other DVC resorts and future BCV, we've decided to add more points at VWL!!! Anyway, who else was there during the 2 1/2 hour blackout!!! All I know was that my smoke detectors wouldn't shut off, and it got VERY hot!!!! Luckily my kids didn't wake up, then it would have been a REAL nightmare!!!!

Ah the blackout! We did e-ticket at the MK that night and got in around 2 AM. The lobby was well lit, the elevator worked but the room was some dark! We all had to shower in the dark but fortunately the room was cool enough to fall asleep. I think it was a little after 4 AM when the smoke alarm went off letting us know that the electricity was back on. My kids never noticed either. Did you notice that the Lodge part of the facility still had power? Another one of the memories of our first trip home. Glad you had a great time, we had soooooo much fun during our week that we have already reserved a week in early Feb 2002.:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

The lodge did still have power, the front desk told me that it only effected the villas. There were scattered power outages the next day in our room, while they were fixing the problem!!! When I called the front desk, they did offer me a room in the lodgesince I had small children, but since they were sleeping we declined. This was our first trip home also, so it definately was a memory we'll never forget!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter