Any word on what the guides will do when DVC Sells out this fall?

We purchased an add-on at HH- preconstruction. We made our deposit in March, 1995 and the resort opened in March, 1996. At the time our OKW contract had a June Use Year- so our HH add-on was also June. Our first allotment of HH points wasn't until June,1996- even though the resort opened in March.

This all worked out fine for us, but we had no "extra" points to plan around which would have to be used in a short time period. Our annual dues on those points were, of course, pro-rated from June 1 also.

Originally posted by DVCajun
One of the sales people manning a booth at the parks told us that DVC is one of the most profitable subsidiaries of Disney-- he then grinned and said that he probably shouldn't be saying that to a member. Sounds like they've got room for a little slack for a month or too if VWL indeed sells out this fall. After all, if it DOES sell out, that's a good thing, financially speaking.
Apparently DVC is the 7th profitable company of the more than a 100 under the Disney Umbrella. This was told to me by a knowledgeable guide who had no reason to make it up from what I could tell.

Doc and or others who know:

Concerning your HH add on:
Did all presales get their points in June, 1996 (even though the resort opened in March, 1996), or did it just so happen that way with your HH add-on points?? Or, did all the presales get their points the first day of their next use year?? Would you have been allowed to bank 100% of the points if you had got them in May? Thanks......Johnnie

We stayed at YC a couple of weeks ago and I agree that the BCV doesn't seem to be progressing well enough to be ready in the spring. Lots of steel beams, some concrete and lots of noise. Didn't notice them working around the clock. In fact, they quit early on several days when it rained.

From reading this board everyday, I have never seen any mention that DVC sales have slowed. The sell out date mentioned w/ WLV always seems to be fall 2001. Are DVC sales "recession proof"? (or slow economy proof). Every thing else at WDW seems to have been affected by recent economic conditions? Just one thought, maybe the recent low interest rates actually increase DVC sales. just curious.......

Did all presales get their points in June, 1996 (even though the resort opened in March, 1996), or did it just so happen that way with your HH add-on points??

The points were available at the beginning of the use year. If my use year had been May- I would have received the points in May- if Sep- I would get them on Sep 1.

I don't know if the same thing was done with VWL this winter or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter