Any word on those great new member perks Ken mentioned at annual meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing people say you can use the ticket bridging process to get the special PAP pricing. i assume that only works if you're going in person and NOT if you're going to buy a voucher to redeem later. We've never purchased a voucher, only upgraded a MYW ticket to a DVC AP at the parks. We won't be on the parks by 4/30 to do this live and would need a voucher. Seems like if you're not a big water parks person, doing the bridging process would be better as it would net more than $20

They've discontinued the "non-expiring option" -- you can still use old tickets but can't purchase this option any more.

The No Expire option is still available when purchasing tickets direct from Disney by phone and at a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location on property. Also, all of the authorized ticket sellers carry MYW tickets that have the no expire option.

I keep seeing people say you can use the ticket bridging process to get the special PAP pricing. i assume that only works if you're going in person and NOT if you're going to buy a voucher to redeem later. We've never purchased a voucher, only upgraded a MYW ticket to a DVC AP at the parks. We won't be on the parks by 4/30 to do this live and would need a voucher. Seems like if you're not a big water parks person, doing the bridging process would be better as it would net more than $20

What is the ticket bridging process?

Yes bridged ticket upgrades to APs have to be done in person. To get the savings from a previously purchased ticket from a 3rd party reseller, you have to USE that ticket for park entry before upgrading anyway, so that's really the only way to do it.

And just a thought for going forward: You can only make FP+ reservations for the length of ticket you connect in MDE (at least how it currently works). So if you buy a shorter ticket from so done like Undercover Tourist with the plan to upgrade to an AP, you may be shorting yourself on the number of days you can prebook FP+ prior to your trip. I have this issue right now. We bought 6 day park hoppers from UT in 2012 for our upcoming 9-10 say trip, we plan on upgrading to APs. But I can now only book 6 days of FPs before my trip, and the other days have to wait until after I do the AP upgrade at the parks. Not a huge deal, I guess, but you might feel differently if you were upgrading only a 2 day ticket or something.

They've discontinued the "non-expiring option" -- you can still use old tickets but can't purchase this option any more.

Another Internet rumor that got people all worked-up...and then never came to be.

As others have said, yes, the non-expiring option is still available.

Another Internet rumor that got people all worked-up...and then never came to be. As others have said, yes, the non-expiring option is still available.

Of course the one that never came to be is the one I acted upon... bought a nice stash (that I haven't even tapped into yet, due to the AP deals, jeez, but I'm not complaining). :snooty:

We're brand-spanking-new DVC members (first stay in a couple of weeks). Has the Disney Vacation Club Member Online Marketplace opened up yet, and if so where is it on the site? We are still in the proud "merchandising" phase. :goodvibes

Your just asking for a flame war, by posting unsupported and untrue statements. They are not advertising it, but it is still offered. Check out the Ticket Thread.

Kind of rude, don't you think? They made a mistake. No need to call them a liar.

i did not call them a liar. problem is, google sends 5 people searching for info on that option to their comment...and now more people are confused.

they did not ask it as a question but flatly stated an untruth which will likely mislead more people. they could have taken 30 seconds to verify it but posted a rumor they heard as if it were a fact. i think that was rude.

opinions can vary, but it remains a fact that they posted something untrue.

I didn't lie -- I repeated what I had been told. I apologize that it turned out not to be true. Have you never made a mistake???

I also heard non expiring option was no longer available and assumed this was true as it was no longer an option on Disney's website. Was surprised to hear non expiring option is still available, but have not called Disney to confirm this. Glad I did not pass on this misinformation, would not want to be called a liar.
As a long time Diser, but new DVC member I am finding the DVC forum filled with some very unpleasant people. I think I will stick to reading other DIS forums and get my DVC info elsewhere.

still there. i just checked.

don't spread lies. do a little research first.

i did not call them a liar.

they could have taken 30 seconds to verify it but posted a rumor they heard as if it were a fact. i think that was rude.

opinions can vary, but it remains a fact that they posted something untrue.

You did call me a liar -- one who spreads lies. And you made several assumptions.

When I researched this issue (looked it up on the official Disney website), the non-expiring option was not listed, which supported what I'd been told. I thought it was a fact, so I shared it.

As I said before, I am sorry that my information turned out to be incorrect, but to call me a liar and characterize my post as rude was uncalled for.

And rather than apologize, you just denied that you called me a liar in the first place? :confused3

Let's all pull an Elsa and "Let it Go" :)

You can still get non exp tickets by calling Disney and, even better, at Undercover Tourist, online, with the mousesavers discount.

Now back to those perks! I have never understood the difference, if there is one, between the Richard Petty and Exotic Car--we got %15 off Exotic Car--are they considered the same thing? Or did we just get lucky?

I am closing this thread. Please keep comments civil and non-accusatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter