Any whisperings or rumors about...

Unfortunately, the only whispering I've heard is that it's not coming back. All were hoping once the HDDMR came back, the boats would, too - but nope. I asked a transportation manager I saw at the WL boat dock about it and he said that currently, there were zero plans for the boat to return.

Sadly I have to agree with @Mle8308 All indications are the boats between resorts won't be back.
If you have an interest more than just getting an answer to your question, search the camping forum for boats. There's been lots of speculation and we've come up with the same answer. No more boats. Lots of disappointed people.
If your interest is pure transportation to and back from the Fort to WL, there is a bus that runs back and forth from WL to the FW Settlement, (HDDR). Not as fun, relaxing, or enjoyable but it'll get you from point A to B. Pretty sure that's not why you asked though

One of the boat captains is a supporter of the same soccer club in England as I am. He said there has not been any talk about it.

It's too bad they don't even run them from say 3p on to get those going to the Hoop-Chef Mick's-Whispering Canyon for dinner time and back.

Sorry, I have to throw this in.
I heard a rumor that Chapek wanted them brought back but the guests would have to row. It was going to have a Viking theme so they could reuse parts from Epcot after the Frozen remodel.
(P.S. this was from a bus driver)
Yup, that's the same thing I heard.

Yeah we were sad about it. Trip in dec,we canceled trails end adrs because we didn’t want to jump through hoops to get there from BLT. The small boats were so quick to take a nice ride across,instead of multiple modes of transportation.

I wonder if no boats added to the death of trails end.
Sorry, I have to throw this in.
I heard a rumor that Chapek wanted them brought back but the guests would have to row. It was going to have a Viking theme so they could reuse parts from Epcot after the Frozen remodel.
(P.S. this was from a bus driver)
if they called it storming the castle ( firework cruise), they would have sold out.

Last edited:
We really enjoy Geyser Point at WL.
We always make a few stops at Geyser Point. Love the atmosphere and view. The bus isn't bad, just not as pretty of a trip.
I wonder if no boats added to the death of trails end.
I doubt the boats caused the end of TE as we knew it, but it didn't help. The buffets across WDW were some of the last restaurants to reopen after Covid. I think the accountants did the math on TE and it didn't work out on the positive side of the sheet. It could be the cabin conversion to DVC and guest desires to have more (different) dining options may have played a part too.

j

Unfortunately, the only whispering I've heard is that it's not coming back. All were hoping once the HDDMR came back, the boats would, too - but nope. I asked a transportation manager I saw at the WL boat dock about it and he said that currently, there were zero plans for the boat to return.
It's all because the Contemporary doesn't want to pay for them anymore. Each Resort pays for their transportation individually, buses included.

Yeah, it's a shame. We're planning on eating at SH71 and 'logistics' show that it will be easier and faster for us just to drive over rather than take the boat to MK and walk it. Obviously the same would be true for WL, GF, and the Poly. A resort launch would take a LOT of vehicles off the road from all the Bay Lake/7 Seas resorts.

I'm hoping with the DVC cabins that they'll decide to run the resort launches AND rebuild the path from the Fort to WL. I'm sure it would need landscaping to disguise the 'scars' left by 'you-know-what'. If WDW's wanting to 'cater' to the DVC crowd and ends up giving us a few of our perks back, that's a good thing!

Couldn't you boat from the Fort to MK and then from MK to WL.

Seems like we did that last time.. can't remember exactly but i do remember visiting WL via the boat. The worst part is, this was just a few months ago! UGH!

I think the easiest way is just to drive.. its so darn close.

Couldn't you boat from the Fort to MK and then from MK to WL.

Seems like we did that last time.. can't remember exactly but i do remember visiting WL via the boat. The worst part is, this was just a few months ago! UGH!

I think the easiest way is just to drive.. its so darn close.
Yes. But the resort to resort boats were much easier and a lot quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter