Any updates on the OKW refurbishment?

he said no, we asked. but of course who knows?? he was a long time cast member who also owns at a few dvc resorts and did mention the bathroom door thing. he pointed it out in the unit he took us to see. We are still glad we bought in there, the studios are perfect!

We are going from 12/19-12/23- what are chances that most of the resort will be done? We are staying in studio first night and 2 BR rest of the nights. I think I will request an area that has already been renovated. Hoping they will be able to honor this request.

We are going from 12/19-12/23- what are chances that most of the resort will be done? We are staying in studio first night and 2 BR rest of the nights. I think I will request an area that has already been renovated. Hoping they will be able to honor this request.
Why not just stay in a Hampton Inn instead?

Why not just stay in a Hampton Inn instead?
I'm willing to hold final judgement until I actually stay in a renovated unit...as colors in photos can be deceiving...but even so, the renovation does look quite generic. And I like Hampton Inn for general travel....but that type of decor is NOT what I expect from Disney.

I'm willing to hold final judgement until I actually stay in a renovated unit...as colors in photos can be deceiving...but even so, the renovation does look quite generic. And I like Hampton Inn for general travel....but that type of decor is NOT what I expect from Disney.

Hear, hear! I agree! I don't know what DVD is thinking, redoing formerly themed DVC resorts as bland, grey, generic hotel rooms. I do have to say that I was VERY pleased with what they have done with refurbishments at Vero Beach, having just returned from a very nice stay there. :lovestruc

We just returned from a stay in a newly refurbished room - 3520. While the decor was generic, it felt fresh and clean. Our last experience at OKW (years ago) was not a good one. Our room then was dirty, gross and old looking.

Though we didn't get our location request, I was glad to have a refurbished room.

Really? Must you be so smart?? Was this response really necessary. I am just excited to see the new remodels and the new touches. That was all I meant by my statement. Geez... someone needs some therapy!!
not speaking for Deb/Bill, but that’s not how I took it, my understanding, being an OKW owner of 19 years, with each & every refurb more of the OKW theme gets eroded. Now, with this latest, we’re left with a very generic, blah, clean but themeless OKW! We miss the Old Key West in OKW! So “you” “we” might as well stay at the Hampton Inn! Imagine if you will, walking into Kidani and having the same decor as BCV, you would think you’ve been robbed, well someone stole OKW’s charm!

Last edited:
Ok well if that's the case, I totally understand your point and agreed. We have been to OKW several times but its been years since we were last there. thanks for the clarification, it helps

Ok, I lost count... anyone have any idea which building classified as "near the HH" are renovated (if any). I check in on Tuesday for two weeks and would love to stay in a renovated 2 BR! TIA!!

None of the Near HH units have been renovated, yet.

When we were there earlier this month, we were in building 39 which was not remodeled. The fences were up when we checked in on June 6, at the cul-de-sac where buildings 41-44 are, as well as the turtle pond pool. When we checked out on the 16th the fences were down and it looked like they were going to release those units to be used. We could see them putting finishing touches during our stay in building 41, closing drapes, and inspecting etc. I am thinking they may be moving over to buildings 36-40 next?

Is there a more recent update on the OKW refurbishment? I'll be staying HH in 2 months; fingers-crossed...

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list showing the renovation status of each building?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter