Any tips on how to get DIY arrival gifts in your room before your child?

Jana1121

Earning My Ears
This will be our first ever mom and DD(age 9) trip together. In the past we have always been with other family members, so there has always been someone to distract the kids while we set up the gifts. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?? Thanks!

Put the gifts in a shoulder tote. After you get your room key, perhaps you can ask your DD to wait in the lobby and watch your suitcases while you go "check to see if your park tickets are ready" or "check to make sure your meal reservation is correct". Some excuse that you can sneak away and put the gifts in the room quickly. Then, go back to get her and walk to the room together???

Another thought.... Depending on when you arrive you could see if CM could take it for you to the room. I have seen CM take the bag and all you see is pixie dust when you walk in the room.

I am a single Mom of twins and I put the gifts out every night. It was hard to stay awake but the kids usually sleep like a rock and I had no isses setting it up. Like I said the only problem I had was trying to stay up!!

I have had the florist leave the first item to set the stage for surprises. Then I put out items myself when the kids were asleep or taking a bath. I would just put the surprises under the Christmas tree or on the table and just let the kids find them whenever they noticed. I also took very small envelopes and glued hooks on them and put money inside. I just hung them on the tree. It took several days for a child to discover! One time I slipped gift cards in the stuffed Mickey's hands as we were leaving for the park in the morning. Once my kids learned that things could be hidden around the room, they learned to look. So......when you take a bath, replace their toothbrush with a character one and then just let them discover it. Slip a wrapped cookie, candy, wrapped gift, toy, into their clothes drawer while they are in the bath. Have an envelope with something like money or a gift card in it with "to your child and from favorite character" on the front. Drop it on the floor just inside the entry door to the room like someone slid it under the door. Let your child enter first upon return and find it. Have a blast with it. I find doing myself is more fun to me and a lot sell expensive. Many years ago, I had canvas bags embroideried with their names and I sewed a character patch on it. Then I filled it with candy and snacks and put them out after they went to sleep. It became a tradition for their room snacks and I still put them out for my kids and they are all in their 20's now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter