• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any solos for NYE?

esulerzy

Mouseketeer
I plan to in the World Dec. 30th - Jan. 2nd and was wondering if any other solos will be there then?

I am planning to play golf NYE afternoon (weather permitting) and then heading to Epcot (I'm staying at the Swan) for the festivities that evening - gotta love that fiesta margaritta from Mexico.

If any solos are going NYE - where do you plan to eat that evening - sit down or counter service?

Having done NYE at WDW once before, I think I should forwarn you of a few things (if you don't already know).

1. The parks tend to max to capacity by mid-morning and you definitely know it. When I went, all 3 parks (AK had not opened yet) were maxed out by 10am on NYE & NYD. What this means, is that once the park maxes capacity, they cannot let any more guests in, until enough guests leave that park.

2. If you plan to do any dining within WDW NYE or New Year's Day, make sure to make a PS anywhere you want a sit-down meal. Can't tell you how much it was a relief to have those after watching large groups of people getting turned away everywhere.

3. If you know you want to be at a specific park, plan on getting there early and don't plan on leaving, since there is a good chance that you may not be able to re-enter the park, even if you've had your hand stamped or if you are staying on property.

4. Make sure and dress in layers, since it may be cool when you get there, warm up a little by mid-day, then get a bit chilly at night.

Finally, prepare yourself for very, very long lines and a whole lot of waiting. Although it was fun to do something different for NYE, I don't plan on heading to WDW during that time period again anytime soon.

I love NYE at Epcot! I will be there with my Mom, Dad, and boyfriend, possibly my brother, too. We don't mind visiting with new people at all, especially with all the waiting! The fiesta margaritas should definitely help some, though.

I would also advise against the golfing htat day. The parks get totally PACKED, and that is no joke or lie. We always aim to get there by opening time. Last year we walked up to Test Track at 10:00 and FastPasses were already sold out. It is truly incredible. The fireworks are also amazing, though, therefore I recommend that you go in! We always have a good time. Lots of people are found laying in the grass napping and stuff. The PSs are good for a nice relaxing break.

If you have any questions, you can PM me. I know I will be there! (And then maybe heading back to Jellyrolls to top off the wonderful evening!)

Ashley:wave2:

Mmmm...I'm rethinking my golfing plans. I was assuming that I could get into Epcot later in the day since it is so big.

Terk-1: Thanks for the hints. I'm going to make a PS somewhere in Epcot - it will provide a nice break. I had forgotten about the clothing situation so thanks a bunch for reminding me - I'll probably rent a locker that day to store long pants/sweaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter