• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Royal Pacific Resort Discounts/Deals/Savings?

mm6mm6

DIS Veteran & Disney Nut
Okay, the plan is set!

Arriving Orlando on monday night and staying at the Radisson Twin Towers. Tuesday we have ressies at Discovery Cove. Then two days (free with the DC deal) at SeaWorld while still staying at the Radisson.

Then we would like to stay at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort for the next four nights. I have a rate of $219 per night which includes (because it is for four nights, minimum) two adult tickets for Universal's parks. A 5 day child pass is $99. This would give us four days at Universal and time to enjoy the RPR.

This is the rate when I called them today. Can I beat that with a code or AAA or Kraft or anything else?

We're going 17, 18, 19, and 20 of June '04!

Thanks in advance for your help, fellow Disboard'ers!

Try to get the entertainment card. You can get rates for about $160 with that card. But, book the ressie before you buy the card. You can make your reservation without it, but you will need it at check in. You can buy the card at www.entertainment.com. It also includes discounts in your local area so the book/card pays for itself.

We were pushing $175 to $180 or so with Entertainment Rate. The Fan Club rate was $164 (about a month later than you). If you don't have a FC card - that might be an option to get one and use that rate. If you belong to AAA, you can do the pay for 2 get 5 day pass and price isn't bad.

Annual pass rate is available at $153/night. Go on the www.loewshotels.com site and use the code APH. Then one of you needs to have the pass which is available for about $170.00

Actually, you can get the pass even cheaper through AAA South. If you pick it up in person at their Kissimmee office, it is only $119.95 (which is what we did) or you can order it online for somewhere around $129.95, I think. We are AAA members from NH and were able to utilize this deal. It's a great deal, ESPECIALLY when you can get a great APH rate at any of the Universal hotels!

It may be cheaper for you to reserve the $153 rate x 4 nights = (can't find my calculator so you'll have to do the math!)

Plus one AP at $129.95 (or $119.95 if you can pick up in person)

Plus __# of 5-day passes at 81.95 (using Kraft link) for your kids (not sure how many you need) =

VERSUS

$219 rate x 4 nights =

(2 Free adult passes)

Plus ___ # of 5-day passes at 81.95

I'm curious now to know how the math all works up. (going on a search now for my calculator!)

Well, I just did the math :) It looks like going the Annual Pass route will save you about $160 factoring in the room tax as well. You may want to research that option a little more. I didn't even take into account the 15-20% discount you would be getting with the AP for food & merchandise at the parks & Citywalk.

Hi I'm a new to the board. I was wondering what you meant by using the " Kraft link" to purchase 5 day passes for around $80. Thanks for your help.

Mg2001, Welcome to the boards!!! Wow, your first post.

As to the Kraft link, I don't know. It's been mentioned, but we have annual passes so I haven't paid any attention to it.

T&B

Thank you Tiberus for the link. I am planning our first trip to Universal in March and we wiil be staying at the RPH. With all the tips from the board I have been able to save a great deal of money. I was unable to take advantage of the AAA South AP deal. I live in Minnesota and my AAA card is not accepted on line. Any suggestions on lowering the AP rate?

I am not entirely sure, so I hope someone can confirm this, but I believe you can purchase that AAA pass in Florida even with another state's AAA pass. You would just need to find out where to find the AAA office.

Yes, we picked up our AP's at the AAA South office in Kissimmee just a couple of weeks ago for $119.95. We are from New Hampshire and had no problem at all! If you have a rental car, I would definately take time to drive to the office before checking in at the RPR. (There's a Krispy Kreme along the same road (Rt. 192) so that motivated us!) I could give you directions if you need them. Just let me know. I also heard that you can call them to order for the $129.95 price. Give it a try! Their website is not set up to take other states AAA membership numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter