Any other solos a little nervous after WTC?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I can't admit this to DH, but after the WTC events, I'm a little nervous about my next solo trip. DH is really encouraging me to go-he tells me no reason to be nervous, he knows I love and need my solo trip every January. It's wonderful that he's so supportive, but I'm really a little scared. DH's response is "Don't let anyone discourage you from going to WDW and having a good time." Can anyone else maybe give me a pep talk, tell me you understand but that I should still go? I don't think DH really understands my fears. I suppose it's a good position to be in, to have such a supportive husband when it comes to solo trips, but is anyone else a little scared?

I'm a little nervous too. This will be my second solo trip and last year I really enjoyed myself.
But, I don't like the thought of being that far away from my family and friends right now. However, I'm still planning on going (November 16 - December 3). But I will probably spend a lot of money on phone calls.....

I am a little nervous about my upcoming solo trip. But--I figure if something happens, I will have been doing what I love to do--playing at WDW. Also since I'll be alone, I won't have to worry about my family. And, if I need to get out of there in a hurry, it'll be easier with just one person. I can't believe we even have to think about this stuff, but we do. I usually leave an itinerary at home (hotel, phone #'s, etc.) This time I will add more info to it-my life insurance info and anything else I think my family may need, should something happen. (And as we have seen, anything is possible.) I think we're all targets now and will continue to be.
So much for the scary, morbid stuff! I'm going to Disney World! (I need an escape from the real world!) And I'm going to have fun! :)

I'm not nervous at all, so I guess I can't relate, but I do encourage you to go ahead with your trip. Who knows what will be happening in January - maybe something, maybe nothing. Whatever is going on, what a wonderful escape from reality you'll have in WDW. Hopefully you'll have your usual great time and not spend time thinking about the outside world unless you *want* to. I think hubby's got the right idea in this case - go enjoy your trip, and don't let what happened at the WTC cause you to live in fear. I figure if I don't have control over it (terrorist attacks), I'm not going to waste my time worrying about it.

My personal feeling about this is that these bleeping bleeps have taken way too much from us already. I'm not going to let them take my freedom from me. If I stay at home and live in fear, then they've in effect taken my freedom from me, my life. I love to travel and I'm not going to let them take that from me.

I am a little nervous about it, however, not nervous
enough to cancel a trip I so desperately need. I am trying
to adopt the attitude that if I cannot control an attack, I
won't waste my time worrying about it. This is not easy,
though. The area in which I live could be a good target,
and the area in which I work could be a good target. I could
be a complete nervous wreck, but I will not allow "them"
to do that to me. I NEED my annual escape from reality.
My December trip is still ON !!!

me from Disney world! I was scared to fly before - but for that, I flew. I'll be scared to fly now - but for that - I'll fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter