Any NY's call "Empire" about Coverage?

Gigashadow

<font color=blue>Pontoon Pirate of Bay Lake and Th
Just wondering if any one has called to ask if we have any medical coverage outside of the U.S.A. for the cruises.

I read other post's about the Cruise Insurance (and we have it for now) but my concern is more about (God Forbid) needing a Medical Airlift or Hospitalization on an Island for a family member rather than if I were to cancell the cruise. The Cruise insurance seems a small price to pay if The Empire Plan does not cover or even reimburse what could potentially cost $$,$$$'s.

I guess I should really just call, but I am more inclined to believe it wouldn't be covered 100% if at all.

**Extra Question** - For anyone else, have you called your Health Insurance Provider to see if you were covered for this same issue?

Even though we're not in NY, we were covered under Empire for a while due to my husband's employer being located there. I called before our last cruise and we were covered for medical expenses outside the US.

That being said, PLEASE call them yourself about your coverage and ask them. You may not necessarily have the same policy I did. Individual policies vary and your best answer will come from Empire themselves.

Also, be aware that Travel Insurance will cover you for canceling your cruise due to health issues or a death in the family. Regular health insurance won't cover you for this so Travel Insurance may be worth the added cost in any event just to make sure you're covered for all possibilities.

Julie

Thanks Cruise, I'll have to make the call to see what will and wont be covered. Like you said, its not like car rental insurance at the counter when you get extra coverage from your credit card and your existing car policy. It's probably worth keeping the Travel Insurance in the end for its multi coverages.

:)

Doesn't the DCL insurance cover any medical catastrophies such as needing to be airlifted to a hospital?
Uninformed in NY:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter