Any good recipes for pork tenderloin?

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
They were on special offer so I had to get them :rolleyes1 I've got a couple of recipes but I'd really like something so it sits and cooks in a sauce and keeps moist - sometimes it dries out a bit when roasted.

I'm cooking it for Sunday lunch, so while you're resting from your BF sales could you have a look through your recipe books please?

TIA:flower3:

I have 2 recipes that we love - although I wouldn't say that either of them calls for it to sit in a sauce. I've never thought it came out dry though. I've done them in the oven as well as in the crockpot too.

Honey Sesame Tenderloin
½ c soy sauce
1 Tbl finely chopped ginger root or 1 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbl sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 lb pork tenderloin
1/4 c honey
2 Tbl packed brown sugar
¼ c sesame seed

Mix soy sauce, ginger root, sesame oil, and garlic. Place tenderloin in plastic bag; pour soy mixture over tenderloin. Refrigerate at least 8 hours, but no longer than 24 hours. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Remove tenderloin from marinade; pat dry. Mix honey and brown sugar in shallow dish. Roll tenderloin in honey mixture, coating thoroughly; roll in sesame seed. Place in shallow roasting pan. Roast uncovered 20 - 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 190 degrees. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with sautéed potatoes, red peppers, and baby corn. 4 servings

**NOTE: I didn't roast it at 400 degrees though. I rarely turn my oven up over 350. It took longer than the 30 min. given, but it wasn't dry.

- - - - - - - - - - -
This one is from our favorite restaurant. ;)

CURED PORK LOIN
from Boma, AKL

3 1/3 lb Pork Loin
¼ lb Kosher Salt (4 Tbl)
¼ lb Sugar (8 Tbl)
½ lb Brown Sugar (7¾ Tbl)
2 Tbl Minced Herb (Thyme or Rosemary), chopped fine
2 Tbl Ginger, fresh and chopped (dry 1½ tsp)
2 Tbl Cinnamon
To taste Ground Black Pepper

In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients except the pork. Rub the mixture into the pork and let marinade overnight. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for one hour or until done. Serve with Coconut curry sauce below. (good with or without)

COCONUT CURRY SAUCE (FOR FISH OR PORK)

1 c Coconut Milk
½ oz Curry Paste (see recipe below)
1 qt Soy Sauce
2 c Sugar
½ oz Lime Juice
½ oz Cilantro, chopped rough

Mix all the ingredients together except for the cilantro. Mix well and heat until reaches the proper temperature. Pour over the seafood. Garnish with the cilantro.

CURRY PASTE

¼ c Olive Oil
¼ lb Red Pepper
¼ c Fresh Ginger Root
¼ c Garlic Cloves
1 Tbl Ground Turmeric
1 Tbl Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbl Ground Cumin
1 Tbl Ground Cardamom
1 Tbl Ground Coriander
1 Tbl Cayenne Pepper

Puree peppers, fresh garlic, and ginger in a Robot Coupe. Heat olive oil in non-reactive pan. Add in puree and simmer for one hour. Then remove pot from heat and add all other ingredients. Puree again until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature. Puree with a blender and run through Food Mill.

Cool, cover and refrigerate in jars for up to one week.

- - - - - - -
Once I asked here about how people prepare their tenderloins & got this response - although I didn't mark who gave it to me: :(

"My favorite recipe for pork tenderloin is to marinate it in teriyaki and grill it until it is charred on the outside and pink inside... pair that with some frozen oriental vegetables over ramen noodles without the soup....yummy! Add a little teriyaki sauce with the veggies and you are set!"

That sounds nice! I don't have a slow cooker but I'm sure it would work in an oven very low :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter