• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any good rates for a rental car from MCO?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Is anyone finding any good rates on a rental car from MCO?
We will only need one for 3 days. I checked dollar rent a car site and the cheapest was 38.00 and few odd cents for a day. This is to high for us has anyone been getting any lower? Thanks for any info

What size car are you looking to rent? Using code ENTERTAIN at dollar.com you can rent a Intermediate for $34 a day or a Compact for $30 a day.

RobinLyn :D

We only need a compact. There are three of us. We want to go with the cheapest one. Thanks

Maryj11---I used code MCC and got 3 days in Sept for a base rate of 68 and 89ish with taxes and fees. You might also try FVG and FISH.

Angela

Oh yea this is with Dollar

Forgot a few details, the car we selected is economy at 22.99 per day, compact was 10 more total so it was 78 base rate plus all the taxes, also in the fine print is $5 per day per additional driver including "life partner".
Also a HUGE Thanks to the person who posted the codes a diff thread that I can no longer find. :-)

Angela

We were able to get a car (small) for 3 days over a holiday weekend with the ENTERTAIN code at Dollar for $78 plus tax. It was the cheapest and with all the tax and fees it was under $100.
It was a good deal comparing what we had seen.

Kamy

When you use the ENTERTAIN code with Dollar, do you have to have a coupon from the Entertainment Book? I've been looking for rates for 2/21/03 - 3/01/03 and no matter what code I put in, it kept coming back with the same rate (same rate as no code at all). But if I put in the Entertain code it knocks it down a little bit. ~:D~

The Dollar ENTERTAIN code brings down the price quite a bit. Can anyone verify that a coupon will not be needed when you check in? I hate to have to pay almost triple when I get down there because I didn't have the coupon.
Is this code from the Entertainment book? Because if you need a book, they are selling them for $10 now.

Orbitz is giving from good prices for L&M...

Thanks for the response

There is no coupon needed for any of these codes: ENTERTAIN, MCC, FVG or FISH. If you are still concerned, call the dollar 800 number and ask and they will tell you the same. Stay away from L&M, lots of problems there.

Thanks for the info RobinLyn

Did you rent from Dollar? If so, how was it....the car, the customer service, etc.

On another board, I read that someone had an absolutely terrible experience with Dollar. including a car that was in great need of repair and a customer service rep that was really having a bad day.

I'd really like to hear some good experiences.
I rented from either Dollar or Budget two years ago. I just can't remember which one, I changed reservations that year for a better rate and had a really good experience.

Thanks again,

Hi Zoo Keeper, We have rented from Dollar at MCO many times, at least twice we were upgraded free of charge. I think if you do a search here at the DIS you will find many positive reports in the past from Dollar at MCO. My husband travels often ( business) and most of the retnal places at MCO are decent; Avis, Budget, National and Dollar are all recommended by us. I like Dollar because they usually have the best price using a discount code. But I'm sure all of them have their occasional problems (not so nice employees, over booked, etc.)

Thanks for the ENTERTAIN code. Just saved $50 off the rate I had w/ $ for Nov. Unfortunately, for Spring break in April 2003 that code couldn't be used & the other ones gave me a higher rate than I already have.

Anyone wanting to rent a car for next Spring break should do so now. I have been checking rates frequently & they continue to go up, even w/ codes. I will keep checking though to try & save a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter