Any DISDad campers out there?

NWDAD

DIS Veteran
I looked at all the threads and did not see any on camping. Do any of you go camping at all? We just bought a used pop up camper and are getting back into camping again. Can't wait.

Kevin

We go once or twice a year. Uses ally with my in-laws.

At the risk of going other places on this board, there is a big group over on the camping forum. I'd love to go camping at Fort Wilderness but my wife's idea of camping is staying in a hotel that doesn't have room service.

At the risk of going other places on this board, there is a big group over on the camping forum. I'd love to go camping at Fort Wilderness but my wife's idea of camping is staying in a hotel that doesn't have room service.

Your wife and I are like this Mike!

crossed-fingers.jpg

I looked at all the threads and did not see any on camping. Do any of you go camping at all? We just bought a used pop up camper and are getting back into camping again. Can't wait.

Kevin

I would love to go camping again. I think it is a great way to travel. Unfortunately, our weekends are committed to soccer, softball, dance, and basketball. I even did the primitive camp sites before we were married, but the camper would make it nicer. What size did you get?

We live just 20 min of one of the great camping and hiking spots in Alabama... Yet living so close we tend to go hike for the day and come home.... I go by myself some times just to get away from everything for a few hours....

Yup. I go camping at least twice a year. More if I get the chance. Going depends on our current drought situation. I live close to many National Forests and with the drought as bad as it is, the forest rangers issue fire restrictions. So if we can't build a campfire, then we'll wait to go until we can. Often times, if the fire restrictions get really bad, they'll just close off the campgrounds all together.

Yup. I go camping at least twice a year. More if I get the chance. Going depends on our current drought situation. I live close to many National Forests and with the drought as bad as it is, the forest rangers issue fire restrictions. So if we can't build a campfire, then we'll wait to go until we can. Often times, if the fire restrictions get really bad, they'll just close off the campgrounds all together.

Hi Mike! :wave:

I would love to go camping again. I think it is a great way to travel. Unfortunately, our weekends are committed to soccer, softball, dance, and basketball. I even did the primitive camp sites before we were married, but the camper would make it nicer. What size did you get?

Should be picking up our new2us Jayco 1007 pop up in about 2 weeks. It has a 11ft box. What is nice is that it will fit in our garage. Cant wait.

Kevin

Should be picking up our new2us Jayco 1007 pop up in about 2 weeks. It has a 11ft box. What is nice is that it will fit in our garage. Cant wait.

Kevin

That sounds nice. Got any plans yet? Lots of parks in KY. Let us know if you will be anywhere close. I'll dig out my camping gear, although it has probably dry rotted by now. At least we can stop by for a meet.

Ooo... Camping in KY. I will bring the bourbon and our lab puppy from KY.

We do a camping trip at once or twice a summer. I've decided for my (date to be determined) solo Disney trip, I'm gonna set up a tent at the Fort.

Kevin

I used to camp all the time as a child and had (for the most part) stopped once I began a family of my own, but my kids are now at the age that I feel comfortable taking them. We've been tent camping 4 times in the last year....twice a Fort Wilderness and a couple of places locally. Living in Florida you have to pick your times to go....so far we have taken advantage of the cooler months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter