Another waitlist question...

LittleSaint

Earning My Ears
A question about how the waitlist works: For each resort and room type, are there different lists for length of stay? As in, I've been on the waitlist for one night at BLT for months now. I assume I must be toward the top of that list. If someone cancels a 4 night stay, and I'm next in line, would I get the night I need? Or would they look down the list for someone who is in need of all 4 of those nights?

Essentially, for me to get the night I need, would someone need to cancel just a 1 night stay?

I asked Member Services this question and they didn't seem very confident in their answer.

A question about how the waitlist works: For each resort and room type, are there different lists for length of stay?
One list per booking category (room size/view/etc.).

If someone cancels a 4 night stay, and I'm next in line, would I get the night I need?
That's my understanding of how it should work.

Not sure what you're wait listed for, but back in mid Oct I started a BLT wait list for a Lake View Studio for a 1 night stay in mid December and it only took a week for it to come through.

I've been waitlisted since September for 2 nights (December 16th and 17th). I waitlisted them separately, thinking it would be easier for them to come in, but now I'm wondering if that was stupid.

I had previously booked the 18th and 19th, and now one of the waitlists came through and I got the 16th, but I still need the 17th. I'm really hoping that some cancellations come through now that the 30 day window is coming along in the next few days.

I've been waitlisted since September for 2 nights (December 16th and 17th). I waitlisted them separately, thinking it would be easier for them to come in, but now I'm wondering if that was stupid.
What room size/view? The one night I got via wait list was for 12/16 (Lake View Studio) and it only took a week in mid Oct.

Truth is we do not know and they don't tell us. We can guess like many things with the DVC.

:earsboy: Bill

I had a miracle tonight, was booking a last minute trip to WDW, long story. Got 3 (heavily discounted) nights at YC, and needed one more night, before those 3. Looked for 2nd time this evening at DVC options, and a STUDIO was at BCV for 3 nights, just sitting there! I booked one of the 3, the last night of the 3. the other 2 were still there, likely to go to the waitlist of course. I took Jan 18th, 16 & 17 were still available. Saved me $$. BCV is my home resort, but of course that did not matter, it is only a few months away now.

An update: the 30-day window started yesterday, and my BLT waitlist didn't come through. I had a separate waitlist request in for BWV, which also didn't work, but I was able to stalk the RAT and get the entire stay there, in the same room category I had on the waitlist. Another instance where stalking works better.

Congrats! What a great feeling! I managed to mostly stalk my way to 5 nights in a BLT 1BR standard in the 4-6 months window, one night at a time. I was psyched for days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter