Another DP alcohol CS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiramay

DIS Veteran
I looked about 6 pages in and I apologize if this has been asked. I’m punching the numbers to see if the DP is worth it on our next trip, and there’s one thing that might tip it in our favor.

Two of my kids will be 14, so Disney adults, but obviously too young to drink. I know my husband and I can’t drink their drinks at a TS, but since all the CS credits are pooled, theoretically, could my husband and I order their CS food and get the alcohol? Or do they know that only two in our group are over 21? (And I suppose that could include the 9 year olds plan too if he gets an adult CS meal...)

It’s disappointing they don’t offer a 10-20 year old price. :(

A teen price would be great, but who knows Disney'd thinking there.

In theory, there's no way for them to know who the CS meals are being ordered for. As long as the person ordering and collecting the food is 21+, you should be fine, but this falls under the you-never-know-until-you-try category.

Also, don't forget the non-alcholoic specialty drinks are included too (milkshakes, smoothies, etc.) if your younglings would like to use those.

Theoretically, yes, it should work as long as they don't ask for I.D. from four different people for those four drinks. Even then, if I really wanted two alcoholic drinks (which I wouldn't), I might be inclined to argue the point. You paid for FOUR adult dining plans, so you should be able to get what you want.

You should not be able to get the extra alcohol drinks. The beverage is attached to the meal which is ordered for a child.

Theoretically, yes, it should work as long as they don't ask for I.D. from four different people for those four drinks. Even then, if I really wanted two alcoholic drinks (which I wouldn't), I might be inclined to argue the point. You paid for FOUR adult dining plans, so you should be able to get what you want.

I wouldn’t bother to argue with the CMs since I know they aren’t responsible for the pricing. :) In the past I’ve had no problems getting 2 alcoholic drinks at once, so I’m not worried about me grabbing two meals and drinks, and my husband grabbing the other 2.

Thanks!

You have bought a meal plan that allows a drink entree and ts dessert. Whoever uses the credit gets what they are entitled to based on want and in the case of alcohol age

You are not entitled to an alcohol beverage for every credit redeemed. If the alcohol is that important to you, I am sure you will find a way.

OP, you asked a simple question and got hostile responses. Odd. My experience is that you can't count on having an alcoholic drink (that you drink) being included with your kids' meals, though I understand your logic.

No attacks, your question is how can I get alcohol with my underage child’s meal. You shouldn’t be able to!

No attacks, your question is how can I get alcohol with my underage child’s meal. You shouldn’t be able to!

It is not a childs meal. The OP's kids would have the adult dining plan, not the childs plan. Nothing wrong with the adults getting the alcoholic drinks and buying the kids non-alcoholic drinks separately. Disney pools the credits and generally doesn't care who uses them.

I agree that these responses were hostile. Especially since so much time is spent on this board by people using the delux dining plan to pay for multiple rooms’s meals. If you want 4 beers, buy 2 meals and have husband buy the other 2 while the Disney-adult-kids find a table. This is the same way we buy our kids adult meals at qs restaurants, so they can share, and we can save our credits.

I agree that these responses were hostile. Especially since so much time is spent on this board by people using the delux dining plan to pay for multiple rooms’s meals. If you want 4 beers, buy 2 meals and have husband buy the other 2 while the Disney-adult-kids find a table. This is the same way we buy our kids adult meals at qs restaurants, so they can share, and we can save our credits.
For QS restaurants, as long as you are ordering adult meals, this would definitely work. We have the DxDP and my kids will be ordering adult meals - I am going to ask at every TS restaurant we go to next month and am happy to report back. My kids drink water with meals, so that's a non-issue, and the worst that can happen is the server says no and we say "ok, no problem."

From Disney

Guests have several new beverage options available including non-alcoholic specialty beverages and, for Guests 21 and older, beer, wine and cocktails. Each Quick-Service meal includes (for breakfast, lunch or dinner): 1 Entrée. 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)

We do not support finding ways to get around Disney rules. This thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter