• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another DL airport question

Michael623

WDW 40 trips, DL 12 trips, DLP 2 trips
I hate to think about leaving before I've even booked my room yet but I'd still like to know. I am splitting 8 days vacation between DL and San Francisco. I will visit DL first (4/1-4/4) then onto the Bay Area. I would like fly to Oakland on Tuesday 4/4 at about 9am(ish). I see there are flight on American and Southwest from Orange County for $76.80 and flights on Jet Blue from Long Beach for $47.80. Now that you know my whole story how long would it take to get to each airport at rush hour from Paradise Pier (probably). I know Long Beach is further but how much longer time-wise would it take. Or should I stop being a cheapo and just fly from Orange County. Any advice would help.

In morning rush hour, they'll both probably take you about the same amount of time. You could do surface streets to either one, if you're really worried about the freeways (although the time will likely turn out to be the same). To get to Long Beach, you'd take the 22 fwy West until it puts you onto the 405, then continue North on that until you get to the airport (I can't remember the name of the street, but it's on their website). For OC, you'd take the 5 South to the 55 South to the 405 South, then exit at the airport (which you can't miss - first offramp after the transition onto the 405). Either route will be rough in the morning. If it were my trip, I'd go with Long Beach. Smaller airport, easier to deal with, cheaper fare.

Jet Blue and Long Beach are an excellent combo. The airport is small and EASY.

And I can't say enough about jet Blue. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter