Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still not getting email notifications anymore. I’ve tried the clearing of history and cookies, in watching and watching. Logging in and out. What other ideas do you guys have?

Did you check your spam/junk email? Also try adding notify@disboards.com to your contacts, that’s the email the notifications come from.
I’ve never had an issue before today. Last email I received was yesterday at 3:09pm EST. I noticed I didn’t get anything after that, unwatched then watched thread, clicked through the last email again to view the reply, cleared everything and still have the same issue of not receiving emails. This makes this whole stalking thing a tad bit more stressful

A brief web search appears to show info on 3/22/17 it was announced or rumored that AP preview registration was coming soon. Then it looks like the registration link went live on 3/24/17. If this is accurate info, then the announcement came 66 days prior to the opening of Pandora (5/27/17) with the registration going live 64 days before the opening. If that held true for SWGE, then that would've put us at 6/24/19 and 6/26/19, which has come and gone. My completely unfounded guess is the registration will go live on 7/10 which will be exactly 50 days until opening. FWIW, there were exactly 50 days between registration and the 1st day of AP previews for Pandora. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but it's still fun to speculate with you fine folks while we wait!

I've been quietly following along. I'm headed out of the country and if this doesn't drop in the next few days, then you can be sure it will drop when I have no cell service! So I'm hoping for this week!

A brief web search appears to show info on 3/22/17 it was announced or rumored that AP preview registration was coming soon. Then it looks like the registration link went live on 3/24/17. If this is accurate info, then the announcement came 66 days prior to the opening of Pandora (5/27/17) with the registration going live 64 days before the opening. If that held true for SWGE, then that would've put us at 6/24/19 and 6/26/19, which has come and gone. My completely unfounded guess is the registration will go live on 7/10 which will be exactly 50 days until opening. FWIW, there were exactly 50 days between registration and the 1st day of AP previews for Pandora. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but it's still fun to speculate with you fine folks while we wait!

I think there are so few previous examples that it is hard to draw any conclusions. I also feel like this preview announcement came out of nowhere so I don't think they are as prepared or set for exactly when they will be as, say with Pandora where I think it was the plan for a longer period of time

For all we know they could announce it the August 10th for starting Aug 11th ... I mean, I really hope not, but it could be something like that

I’ve never had an issue before today. Last email I received was yesterday at 3:09pm EST. I noticed I didn’t get anything after that, unwatched then watched thread, clicked through the last email again to view the reply, cleared everything and still have the same issue of not receiving emails. This makes this whole stalking thing a tad bit more stressful

I don't even see the disboards alert at the top of the page for new posts. I have to open the thread to see any new posts and I've tried everything I can think of. It hasn't worked for me consistently since the upgrade.

Everything is really speculation. It IS fun to speculate, isn't it? Is there a true algorithm going on here? Probably not. Honestly, I think they are waiting to make sure they can have the land ready for previews. I had to have a few dining reservations linked to my MDE on saturday. I made them and had confirmation #s but they just weren't showing up on my MDE. The cm on the phone was so nice and while he didn't seem to have any insider information, he did seem to have educated guesses. He also hesitated quite a bit during our conversation like he was trying to choose his words wisely. He just said he had a "thought" the previews would drop this week. So for what it's worth (which at this point really isn't much)!

I mean its certainly possible they are trying to thin the heard for this preview by waiting until so late. WDW is not a locals park in the same way that DL is. If they want to use this to drive attendance they need to do it soon otherwise they are going to end up with a black eye like they have in Disneyland. I saw a video on Youtube where falcon wait midmorning (9-10AM) was 30minutes!

I still think its possible that Disney was planning on this to slow down crowds and now they are unsure how to proceed with crowds being so low in Land. They may be drawing down this event to a tiny preview or cancel it altogether to pump more people into the "regular opening" and say look how crowded it is!

Everything is really speculation. It IS fun to speculate, isn't it? Is there a true algorithm going on here? Probably not. Honestly, I think they are waiting to make sure they can have the land ready for previews. I had to have a few dining reservations linked to my MDE on saturday. I made them and had confirmation #s but they just weren't showing up on my MDE. The cm on the phone was so nice and while he didn't seem to have any insider information, he did seem to have educated guesses. He also hesitated quite a bit during our conversation like he was trying to choose his words wisely. He just said he had a "thought" the previews would drop this week. So for what it's worth (which at this point really isn't much)!

Fully agree that speculating is fun! It's like armchair imagineering (which is one of my favorite hobbies)

Personally I think they saw how well the reservation period went at DLR and are thinking of ways to spread out the crowds that want to be there for the opening but also don't think they can do the same type of reservation period - and also this will allow them to ease into the land a bit

BUT they are deciding a bit on the fly and might not even know exactly when they would be able to start these previews yet (or at least not as of when they first announced that there would be some)

I mean its certainly possible they are trying to thin the heard for this preview by waiting until so late. WDW is not a locals park in the same way that DL is. If they want to use this to drive attendance they need to do it soon otherwise they are going to end up with a black eye like they have in Disneyland. I saw a video on Youtube where falcon wait midmorning (9-10AM) was 30minutes!

I still think its possible that Disney was planning on this to slow down crowds and now they are unsure how to proceed with crowds being so low in Land. They may be drawing down this event to a tiny preview or cancel it altogether to pump more people into the "regular opening" and say look how crowded it is!

With them limiting it to premium and above, they are cutting our a great many locals. While WDW is not a locals park like DLR, that's still a significant number. Seems like a little advance notice would be key. Once they hit inside 60 days, people have had to make plans and not everyone is as willing as I am to let go of FP's and work to move around paid events to get to go. I don't know their reason for the previews- could be to just do some trial runs and make sure everything works efficiently. Seems to me in DLR and here, they're not working that hard to pump attendance. DLR blocking AP's has a huge effect- and lower crowds at the beginning may well be what they were after. Better lower attendance than to suffer the pr nightmare of being overwhelmed like Universal was.

Could somebody post or direct me to the not-really-Registration-but-probably-Registration link that usually says ‘Event Full’? I lost the tab😂

The AP preview of the new Rivers of Life was decided day of. AP guests entereing the AK were told of the preview and where to go to get a wrist band, if interested.
Trying to decide release date based on 2 previous previews is really speculation. I'll speculate Disney is waiting to get a better handle on when it's expected to be available for soft previews. I don't think AP holders will be happy if they were able to make a reservation, book airfare, book hotel, arrive at SWGE then be informed the gift shop and restaurant are open but not the attraction.

Could Disney be preparing a package, book 3 nights at rack rate along with your AP holders preview reservation? Just kidding.

For those living out of state, what are your plans if you secure a reservation? Just a quick 1-2 day trip, or would you plan something longer? We're already planning for a 5-day on Sept 10, so we would probably just go for 1-2 days. It's only an 8 hour drive for us. The AP preview would just be icing on the cake with the opportunity to see it in a less chaotic state.

For those living out of state, what are your plans if you secure a reservation? Just a quick 1-2 day trip, or would you plan something longer? We're already planning for a 5-day on Sept 10, so we would probably just go for 1-2 days. It's only an 8 hour drive for us. The AP preview would just be icing on the cake with the opportunity to see it in a less chaotic state.
Quick 1-2 day trip from the Washington DC area. Flights are normally not crazy expensive, and only ~2 hours. We can't just up and leave work though, which is the concerning part. Maybe we could swing it if it were a Friday but this is just too short notice at this point for anything longer. Apparently room rates for mid-Aug aren't bad at the moment and honestly the preview makes it worth it if they do go up.

Been stalking for quite a while and thought I would say hi. We live in Alabama, takes us anywhere from 9 to 11 hours depending on how many stops we make. We were able to get into the TSL preview and we stayed 3 nights. Arriving the night before and leaving 2 days after. That gave us a day to catch our breath before driving home

Coming from Buffalo, NY - already booked a room for a quick 3 night trip 8/15-8/18 (only weekend we can go if there are previews) and have flights booked with SW that I can change to future trips if it doesn't happen. We are in the same boat and will be back to Disney 9/9 so just a quick trip but will most likely only go if we get a preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter