Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

Our Pixie Pass just expired two days ago, I called in this morning when I saw the news and was able to get the cast member to help us renew and upgrade to the Sorcerer Pass without any issues - I could have done it on the app but our credit card isn't tied to our Florida residence so we had to call in. They were super helpful!! Very excited to have this option again...

I am so thrilled! YIPPEE!!!! I've been debating/struggling with my fall plans and then winter plans and how much I can afford - and this works for me!!!!!

Does the 1 year clock start running the day you first use the annual pass or on the day you purchase it?

PASS EXPIRATION: For a new Pass purchase (not a renewal), a Pass is valid for applicable privileges for one (1) year from the date of use of the Pass for first entry into a Walt Disney World® Resort theme park. Pass privileges will not be available until such Pass is activated via park entry; provided, however, that park reservations, as available and subject to associated restrictions, may be made in anticipation of activation of a Pass so long as such Pass has not expired. A Pass will expire if it is not activated within one (1) year from the date of purchase, and upon expiration, such expired Pass may no longer be activated or have park reservations scheduled for it, and any existing park reservations for such Pass will be cancelled. No refunds will be given. The original Pass may not be transferred, and the amount paid for the original Pass may not be redeemed for cash or be used for any other purpose other than the purchase of another Pass or ticket. However, the amount paid for an unactivated, expired Pass may be applied towards the purchase of a new Pass or ticket (subject to availability) at the then current price so long as the new Pass or ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original Pass. The then current terms, conditions and benefits associated with the newly purchased Pass or ticket will apply at that time.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/annual-pass-terms-conditions/

Does the 1 year clock start running the day you first use the annual pass or on the day you purchase it?
If you buy a new AP, you will have 1 year from date of purchase until FIRST USE. After first use, the AP will be valid for 1 year from first use.
So you can buy an AP on April 20th, not use it until December 2023, and the AP will expire in Dec. 2024.
**if for some reason you don't use the AP within a year from purchase, it will revert to a credit you can use towards a future AP or other ticket.

Anyone know if the water park pass is $99 total or $99 for each person?
$99 per AP that you add-on, and each AP is only valid for 1 person

Our Pixie Pass just expired two days ago, I called in this morning when I saw the news and was able to get the cast member to help us renew and upgrade to the Sorcerer Pass without any issues - I could have done it on the app but our credit card isn't tied to our Florida residence so we had to call in. They were super helpful!! Very excited to have this option again...
For the record, you could have upgraded on renewal without the recent announcement. The standard renewal window is 60-days prior to expiration through 30-days after expiration.

I'll actually be at WDW on the 20th. I don't think I'll be going back in 2023 but will be going in 2024. I'm going to get the Incrdi pass since I'm out of state but my problem now is can I bridge the tickets I'll have while I'm there or is it to risky to even try to wait until a park opens to go to GS to try. I would love to save that money since I have a 7 day hopper but I know they are going to sell out fast, especially with DVC members able to get them on the 13th. I know (or think I know) that I can't bridge them on line or I'd just be up as 12:01 am on the 20th and do it that way.

My adult son has a Pixie Pass, because that was all that was offered. I am hoping he will be able to upgrade to a different pass to include weekends again. I couldn't find any info about whether or not that will be allowed.

I have a package booked for the end of June. I’m worried that AP sales won’t be available then so that I can bridge my tickets. Any advice if I do want to upgrade? Will I need to call on April 20? Or is there another way I could upgrade online?
Just call and get the package modified now and remove the tickets. You can always add them back if APs sell out like Taylor Swift. Buy APs online and not on the phone.

Yes. Wasn’t that the only one out of state could buy Pre-Covid if they weren’t DVC? I think this isn’t a step in the right direction, I think it’s a return and done. Disney will never give up the right to sell the passes again so that cloud will always hang over one’s head.
Right, but it hasn’t been available since covid or is that not correct?

I’m not an AP user myself so I was under the impression out of state visitors didn’t even have an option for one and hadn’t for a while. (A while = precovid days)
The Incredi Pass was already the only one that was available to anyone. FL or DVC people could get it if the chose to, but it was the only one available to non DVC out of state people
But not since pre-covid correct?

My adult son has a Pixie Pass, because that was all that was offered. I am hoping he will be able to upgrade to a different pass to include weekends again. I couldn't find any info about whether or not that will be allowed.
When does his pass expire? He can upgrade at renewal, but can't start using the weekend dates until the pass becomes effective on the renewal date.

If i get the Sorcerer Pass ,and the frist time i use it is 6/4 2023 . will i have till 7/4 2024 to renew or do i have to renew by 6/4 2024.Thank you for any help

I’m not an AP user myself so I was under the impression out of state visitors didn’t even have an option for one and hadn’t for a while.
There was a short period of time at some point where APs were open to out of state guests. I just don't remember when that was.

If i get the Sorcerer Pass ,and the frist time i use it is 6/4 2023 . will i have till 7/4 2024 to renew or do i have to renew by 6/4 2024.Thank you for any help
YOu have a ~90 day period where you can renew. Up to 60 days prior through 30 days after AP expiration. If you renew after it expires, the renewal date does back date to the renewal date.

I’m not an AP user myself so I was under the impression out of state visitors didn’t even have an option for one and hadn’t for a while. (A while = precovid days)

Actually all annual passes went on sale for about 2 and 1/2 months August of 2021. A friend of mine is not a DVC member and lives in Georgia. She got an Incredipass and has been renewing and enjoying it ever since.

If you buy a new AP, you will have 1 year from date of purchase until FIRST USE. After first use, the AP will be valid for 1 year from first use.
So you can buy an AP on April 20th, not use it until December 2023, and the AP will expire in Dec. 2024.
**if for some reason you don't use the AP within a year from purchase, it will revert to a credit you can use towards a future AP or other ticket.

$99 per AP that you add-on, and each AP is only valid for 1 person

For the record, you could have upgraded on renewal without the recent announcement. The standard renewal window is 60-days prior to expiration through 30-days after expiration.
Actually they weren't letting anybody upgrade from a pixie pass.

I am going for 4 days this October and 6 day’s February 2024. Wonder whether it would be worth it to get the AP? I had APs just a couple years ago when my daughter was DCP and it was around $900. Not sure it’s worth $1399.

We live in TN and bought our pass May 2021 (we did have a AP previously but cancelled it with covid closure sos did not have a current one when we bought in May 2021). We have been renewing it since.

Actually all annual passes went on sale for about 2 and 1/2 months August of 2021. A friend of mine is not a DVC member and lives in Georgia. She got an Incredipass and has been renewing and enjoying it ever since.
Fair enough!

I am going for 4 days this October and 6 day’s February 2024. Wonder whether it would be worth it to get the AP? I had APs just a couple years ago when my daughter was DCP and it was around $900. Not sure it’s worth $1399.
I've run the number and we'd have to do a 3rd trip to make it work for us. I can't imagine it'd be cheaper to do AP (assuming Incredipass) than doing a trip for 6 days and one for 4.

I've run the number and we'd have to do a 3rd trip to make it work for us. I can't imagine it'd be cheaper to do AP (assuming Incredipass) than doing a trip for 6 days and one for 4.
Yea I think you need to do at least 3 trips of 4-5 nights each to break even (though not including any restaurant, shopping, and resort discounts). If you just do 1-2 long trips of 6-7 nights it doesn’t help since the price per day really decreases after day 6 on tickets. We did one 6 night, one 5 night, and a 2 night trip (which we would not have done without the AP but we were in FL for a beach trip anyway). We also stopped on one evening on way home from driving from a cruise. Of course we would. It have done so many trips without the AP and still had to pay for hotel, food, etc so money wasn’t really saved 😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter