Annual Pass

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
what is the break even point for a Universal Studios Annual Pass? Universal Studios Annual Passes seem really inexppensive comp to WDW. We’ve been to Universal twice.

You have to do the math. I know, not most peoples favorite thing. :) It differs for everyone, depending on the cost per day for the cheapest ticket they can get, if free parking is used, if hotel discounts are used, and if/how much food and merch discounts are used. Non-locals sometimes buy one pass for the family for the discounts. If you’re close enough to make frequent day trips a pass is always the best deal.

what is the break even point for a Universal Studios Annual Pass? Universal Studios Annual Passes seem really inexppensive comp to WDW. We’ve been to Universal twice.
I think it's like 4 times is the break even point.

A 3 day ticket is like $200, which is almost as much as the cheapest AP.

I am working on this right now; planning a five day trip in November 2021 for 12 people. A five day 2 park (skipping Volcano Bay) P2P pass is (least expensive) $335. The lowest level AP is $325 - its blackout dates do not impact our trip. That AP is for a two park seasonal pass.

The winning part is the discounts we'll get on on-site hotel rates using the AP. We are planning to stay at the Royal Pacific for six nights - still working through the math on that but I already know that I'll save $$ on four to six rooms (lots of room configurations and options here) with the AP rate I can get. What makes this fun are all the variables: king or double queen rooms? Hospitality suite with attached room? King suite? Who can't live with whom for five nights in a double queen? Fun stuff!

For that many people, you'll do well to upgrade one of the APs to a higher level with food / merchandise discounts. Assuming you intend to eat onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter