• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anniversary Ideas

Tnkrbelle565

DIS Veteran
DH and I are heading down on 9/9 for our 2nd wedding anniversary. Any ideas for some romantic "adult" time? We haven't made any reservations...had I known about this site ahead of time, I would have known how difficult it is to sometimes get seating!!!! We are looking for some great ideas from all you Disney pros since the last time I was there, Epcot wasn't even open yet!!! Also, we are leaving DD (10 months) home and we'll definately need something to keep our minds off of her absence!

PS. We are in our late 20s, although I don't think age tends to matter in Disney! princess:

If you like mexican food, San Angel Inn at Epcot has a romantic ambiance. It is set to appear as if you are eating in an outdoor cafe at night. The restaurant is set next to a "river" with a "volcano" erupting in the distance.

I also like the California Grill at the Contemporary. It is on the top floor with great views of the Magic Kingdom, Polynesian resort and Grand Floridian. If you time it correctly you can see the fireworks from up there.

Hi Tnkrbelle565,

Congrats on your anniversary! DH and I are about to head down for a belated 1st anniversary, and we also spent our HM there. Here are some romantic, "adult" things we enjoyed and have planned for our upcoming trip:
- Dinner at V&A's
- Couple's massage at the GF Spa (incredible!)
- Cirque du Soliel's La Nouba (definitely worth it!!!)
- evening strolls along the Boardwalk
- resort hopping
- late night dips in the pool
- a LOT of time at the Epcot World Showcase (some highlights: Illuminiations, dinner at Restaurant Marakesh, "drinking around the worlds", getting our pic taken in every country, seeing the films (Impressions of . . .) in the different countries)
- as far as going out in the evenings - Jellyrolls, Pleasure Island (jazz club!), and the Bellevue Room. I also heard Misner's at GF is good
- dinner at Cali Grill during Wishes
- watching Wishes from the Poli beach

Have an wonderful time!!

katie :)

Thank you for all the suggestions! Next question, should I have already made reservations for these places or is this something I can do now???? Any tips on making reservations on short notice?!?!

Thanks again!

you have probably already gone - but Sept is offseason - so with luck you can probably walk in any restaurant you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter