Animal Kingdom Refurbishment 2025

That’s interesting because Jambo’s soft goods was done first, starting in 2015; Kidani didn’t start it’s soft goods until 2016, several months after Jambo was complete.

wish we knew what the rooms are going to look like
My number one wish with the refurb is they add a 5th sleeper to the studios. I believe the rooms are bigger than some of the rooms that have a 5th sleeper (bcv, bwv, and brv). I also feel like I heard these resorts themselves were 4 person but upgraded to 5 in a refurb years back (can anyone confirm if this is accurate or not?)

My number one wish with the refurb is they add a 5th sleeper to the studios. I believe the rooms are bigger than some of the rooms that have a 5th sleeper (bcv, bwv, and brv). I also feel like I heard these resorts themselves were 4 person but upgraded to 5 in a refurb years back (can anyone confirm if this is accurate or not?)
That is true but AKV was launched around the time they were upgrading era 1 resorts with a 5th sleeper in the studios.

Shocked wouldn’t begin to describe my level of surprise if they put a 5th sleeper in the studios at AKV. The 2BR LOs would then sleep 10+1 infant and there’s just no way they’re doing that.

That is true but AKV was launched around the time they were upgrading era 1 resorts with a 5th sleeper in the studios.

Shocked wouldn’t begin to describe my level of surprise if they put a 5th sleeper in the studios at AKV. The 2BR LOs would then sleep 10+1 infant and there’s just no way they’re doing that.
Yeah it’s hard to tell what their motivations are. Like why would they add it if they don’t need to but also what would it hurt them to add since our dues cover the costs and could help them rent out when they have extra capacity? I originally had the thought when they added the 5th to the 1br at okw and ssr during their recent hard goods refurb and could argue there was no need to do that either.

FWIW, another permit has been filed, this one with Solution Source Inc (appears to be a general contractor from their website) that also goes through 12/2025.

Attachments

• 20240583193-1.pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 10

I wouldn't say there's no way they'd do that - that's how the 2BR lockoffs at RIV are. That said, they'll need to be creative with storage, as the dresser-replacement murphy beds do get rid of some of the nice storage. As a family of 5, I'd be thrilled if they added this! Could be a way to further differentiate the value category, keeping those studios and 1BRs at 4+infant.

I wouldn't say there's no way they'd do that - that's how the 2BR lockoffs at RIV are
Yes, but Riviera 2BR LOs about 75sqft larger than Kidani and 175 sqft larger than Jambo (and 300 larger than a value LO). That’s why I would be beyond shocked.

With the permits expiring in December 2025.... does that mean that the work will most likely begin before Spring Break 2025?

With the permits expiring in December 2025.... does that mean that the work will most likely begin before Spring Break 2025?
I imagine AKV will take at least a full year. So I would guess yes, AND I think the permits will wind up extended.

I mean there's no way they're going to bland it up right? I mean...right?

Wouldn't Joe Rhode crawl out from under the Everest Yeti and kick all the executive's butts that would dare to do something like that?

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest