And the spiciest food aboard is..?

Impromark

Mouseketeer
Question from a guy who despises sriracha: What are the spiciest foods available aboard ship, in Cabanas, the MDRs, or at Remy/Palo?

Mark

If you want spice on DCL, you're going to have to add it yourself.

Neither the Remy nor Palo cuisines are "spicy" (not a criticism, but few Italian or French foods are hot in the same way that you might think about for Indian, Thai or Tex-Mex).

The buffet and MDR foods are tuned to be broadly acceptable to the masses (read: bland).

The only thing I ate on my last cruise that I recall as hot was a gyro with a lot sambal on it.

I agree, nothing onboard is really spicy. (There was a seafood and pasta dish on pirate night that was a little spicy). On Castaway Cay, however, they have a spicy chicken and a spicy mahi-mahi that last week seemed even spicier than usual.

I agree with everyone else. I've never found anything spicy on Disney. Most of their food is very bland for my tastebuds. Even the things they claim are spicy, really are not. If you aren't a spice fan, you'll love it.

I’ll add this dish from Palo had some flavor, some might say it was spicy.
View attachment 349293

I was going to say this too but it has definitely been toned down. A few years back when I had it, maybe in 2014, it was described as an Arrabiata Sauce, which is a spicy sauce. While I enjoyed what I could taste of the flavor it was so incredibly hot it was hard to eat. My nose was actually running from it! :eek: I had it again last month (my family split it as an appetizer) and while it had a little kick to it, it was nothing like what I had had before. This also may depend on the chef that happens to make it.

black bean cakes on the veggie menu. I love them, and on our 6/18 Wonder cruise I found them very spicy!!!

The spiciest thing I ever found on a DCL ship’s menu was one of the entrees in Tiana’s (the gumbo if I remember??). I could tell there was some kind of pepper in it, but it was nothing too hot, just a bit more than everything else.

I've never had anything on-menu that I would describe as spicy. Some of the Indian dishes have a little bit of a bite to them.

It's quick service, but the wraps (Gyro, Shwarma?) at Pete's Boiler Bites have at least one topping that has heat. I think it was the Sambal. Unfortunately, this is only on the Wonder.

Our server brought us some spicy curry chicken and lamb that was not on the menu. They even had a spicy vegetarian dish one night. Again these items are not on the menu and will need to be requested. They brought us something extra every night.

It's quick service, but the wraps (Gyro, Shwarma?) at Pete's Boiler Bites have at least one topping that has heat. I think it was the Sambal. Unfortunately, this is only on the Wonder.
and at the shawarma station on the Magic at 'Duck in Diner'

I agree that nothing is very spicy. The spiciest thing that I ate were the shrimp shooters on the Palo brunch. It’s basically a virgin Bloody Mary.

Yes. I also like to mix the sambal with ketchup for fries. As pp mentioned, this is also available on the Magic.

The curries on the menu have flavor but definitely not spicy.

I was going to say this too but it has definitely been toned down. A few years back when I had it, maybe in 2014, it was described as an Arrabiata Sauce, which is a spicy sauce. While I enjoyed what I could taste of the flavor it was so incredibly hot it was hard to eat. My nose was actually running from it! :eek: I had it again last month (my family split it as an appetizer) and while it had a little kick to it, it was nothing like what I had had before. This also may depend on the chef that happens to make it.

You can ask for it to have the extra kick. My husband had been getting it on cruises and noticed the toned down flavor. He asked the server about it and it was quickly replaced with an extra hot version. He always orders it this way now...I personally can't take anything that hot!

On the Dream. at least, nothing; DH hates everything and anything that's even remotely spicy so he's happy as can be. I adore spicy food so by the time we get off I'm craving Tex-Mex in the worst imaginable way.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter