Anaheim City Council gives preliminary approval to zoning changes for DisneylandForward

Does anyone remember the timeline for this project? I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but I forget where. I still wish it would just stay cozy little Disneyland, but I'm probably the only one who wants that lol.

I would guess over the next 10 to 15 years, nothing soon. I'm excited about new areas but also know Disney projects seem to take a VERY long time.

*even if city claims they have to at least 'start' within 5 years

Very Excited, and the VDH tower will be in the middle of it! (which is going to suck a bit during construction)....GCV will no longer be the only DVC with a park entrance.

They can move quickly though when they want to.. Ground Broke for DCA in Jun of 98, and it opened in Feb '01

Star Wars Galaxies Edge April 2016 broke ground, and it opened in May of 2019.....so hopefully we'll see something in 5 years!

Very Excited, and the VDH tower will be in the middle of it! (which is going to suck a bit during construction)....GCV will no longer be the only DVC with a park entrance.

They can move quickly though when they want to.. Ground Broke for DCA in Jun of 98, and it opened in Feb '01

Star Wars Galaxies Edge April 2016 broke ground, and it opened in May of 2019.....so hopefully we'll see something in 5 years!
DCA 1.0 construction was an incredible site to see. I remember taking the monorail one way back and forth from DLH to Tomorrowland only on the beam by the park entrance. One would wait for the other to go and move out of the way. The beam in the parking lot where DCA now sits was closed during construction.

Comparing the fast construction of DCA 1.0 is probably not a great analogy. It left much to be desired. I hope the quality of Disneyland Forward is much higher and more like DCA 2.0 from 2012 with Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. Those are great immersive lands.

DCA 1.0 construction was an incredible site to see. I remember taking the monorail one way back and forth from DLH to Tomorrowland only on the beam by the park entrance. One would wait for the other to go and move out of the way. The beam in the parking lot where DCA now sits was closed during construction.

Comparing the fast construction of DCA 1.0 is probably not a great analogy. It left much to be desired. I hope the quality of Disneyland Forward is much higher and more like DCA 2.0 from 2012 with Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. Those are great immersive lands.
Cars land and galaxy’s edge are definitely better examples!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter