"An Inconvenient Truth" PLEASE READ

We're not talking about local influences, we're talking about continent sized blocks of climate change.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we're contributing to it, but it's worth noting that the planet's climate shifts naturally too. After all, there was that ice age thingy not so long ago!

Rich::

All I can say is picture the entire earth as Los Angeles on a bad smog day.... Los Angeles didn't exist in the last ice age.

It never hurts to discuss these things whether you believe or not. We can all have our own opinions, the only damage would come from people just ignoring it IMO.

WDWorld2003 said:
All I can say is picture the entire earth as Los Angeles on a bad smog day.... Los Angeles didn't exist in the last ice age.
Beats Cleveland buried under 4 feet of snow and ice and temperatures around 10 F.

...but that's just me.

I heard an interesting estimation, one that said that with the current growth of air travel by the year 2050 (I'm not sure!) the skies above London, a city with several airports, would be almost permanently clouded out.

Rich::

CoolBeans you are pretty funny :goodvibes and because I am from the midwest I have to agree I would like it warmer - but I want to move where it's warmer - I don't want to have a climate change!

Planogirl - you make a great point - everyone has their opinions and I thank all of you for listening to mine!

I just hope future generations are able to enjoy what we have had and I hope all of you wish the same for those that come after us.

WDWorld2003 said:
CoolBeans you are pretty funny :goodvibes and because I am from the midwest I have to agree I would like it warmer - but I want to move where it's warmer - I don't want to have a climate change!

Planogirl - you make a great point - everyone has their opinions and I thank all of you for listening to mine!

I just hope future generations are able to enjoy what we have had and I hope all of you wish the same for those that come after us.
My grandma was from Minnesota. Tiny little town.

I'm all for clean air...I just don't like taking busses. And I'm all for the ozone layer...I just like my hair spray (or is hair spray OK now?). And I'm all for preventing global warming...I just like my computer (and I'd LIKE to be warmer!)

I'd really like to be a part of helping the Earth. Even tried the Earth-friendly cleaning products, but they didn't work. I took my pop cans to recycle places when we had them. If I can do something that doesn't have to change my life, I will.

Just not devoted enough to the cause to put my actions where my words are. I'm impressed by those who do (without yelling at everyone else), though. :)

dcentity2000 said:
I heard an interesting estimation, one that said that with the current growth of air travel by the year 2050 (I'm not sure!) the skies above London, a city with several airports, would be almost permanently clouded out.
I don't know how old you are, but they were saying the same stuff 25 years ago...and we haven't come any closer. Not saying they're wrong...I just wouldn't bet the farm on it.

CoolBeans I hope you don't think I'm yelling at people :blush: I just really care about this.

I think you're on the right track just being aware and wanting clean air. Read Beca's posts... she listed a lot of things that are easy to do and won't change your lifestyle. I don't like some of the earth friendly cleaning products either....

Again, I just hope that someday my kids are able to lead the same lifestyle I have had. I don't want them to blame us if they have to live differently because we had to have it all.

I have to add that at one time people thought water could recycle itself because there was an abundance of it. For years raw sewage and chemical waste was dumped into the rivers, lakes and oceans. Some of those bodies of water have never recovered. Where do you think our water would be today had this continued with no restrictions?

The atmosphere is no different. It can only take so much and eventually the effects will be seen.

WDWorld2003 said:
CoolBeans I hope you don't think I'm yelling at people :blush:
I most certainly do not. :) I think you present it well. Well enough to get people interested and involved.

Lectures and insults are used often by others, to what advantage I'm not sure.

WDWorld2003 said:
I have to add that at one time people thought water could recycle itself because there was an abundance of it. For years raw sewage and chemical waste was dumped into the rivers, lakes and oceans. Some of those bodies of water have never recovered. Where do you think our water would be today had this continued with no restrictions?

The atmosphere is no different. It can only take so much and eventually the effects will be seen.
I think that you're right. The only question is how much abuse our atmosphere can take and how much it can repair itself. There's so many questions.

Also, I see a lot of mention of it getting warmer due to global warming. I was under the impression that one of the symptoms was sudden climactic changes such as a large number of storms, warm areas getting cold and vice versa, droughts and so on. In other words, just getting warmer is far from the only expected effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter