• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ample Hills vs. Beaches and Creams?

Ample hill sells an ice cream flight too. Six smaller scope. Great if you just cannot decide. Plenty for two to share. We take our ice cream and relax at one of the tables outside nearby.

lol. When my friend and I went in May, we got a taste of a LOT of the flavors! So good. Think ice cream, not sundae.

So I'm going to be the odd man out, but I really didn't like Ample Hills--actually threw a $10 cup of ice cream away. Fat content is so high that my mouth literally felt greasy. Plus, I felt like it lacked flavor. I was so disappointed since we stay at BWV all the time. I eventually got my ice cream fix at Haagen Dazs at Disney Springs.
Nope, I didn't think it was great either. Mine was all icy. Hate icy ice cream.

For us, Beaches & Cream is better for dining in. The takeout window has limited basic selections and not the famous sundaes they are known for. PPs are correct that you can't get the No Way Jose to go. Ample Hills hasn't been on our list to try usually because we opt for Beaches & Cream, but also because it's a chain and we have been to one in New York. I try to stick to places unique to Disney when I'm there. However, being that you're getting it to go, I would do Ample Hills.

Things must have recently changed at Beaches & Cream because 3 weeks ago I got the No Way Jose at the to-go window and my Brother-in-law got a banana split. I wonder if sometimes you are at the mercy of CM on duty at the window?

Things must have recently changed at Beaches & Cream because 3 weeks ago I got the No Way Jose at the to-go window and my Brother-in-law got a banana split. I wonder if sometimes you are at the mercy of CM on duty at the window?

We’ve only gotten milk shakes and cookie sandwiches (which were terrible and NOTHING like the ones served in the parks:sad2:) from the to go window so I can’t speak from experience, but I know I’ve read multiple times that you could get anything except the toasted banana bread one.

Yeah, either they recently changed it or you all got lucky. We have been to the window many times and I always ask and they always tell me no.

I see Ample Hills has quite the following! I'll definitely have to try it now. I love the No Way Jose but I can rarely finish it when sharing it, much less this time.

A stop by Ample Hills whilst making my from HS to EPCOT just made its way onto my plans! I'm glad they let us try the ice cream before buying, I usually stick to chocolate min ice cream, so I have a hard time deciding something new!

Were you referring to always ordering chocolate mint ice cream? Because if so Ample Hills has an amazing Peppermint Pattie ice cream. I am a mint ice cream freak and it was good.

I'm an Ample Hills fan as well. I've never done a flight, but it's on my list... I enjoyed the atmosphere of B&C but wouldn't ever just get anything to go.

Were either on the menu board at the to-go side? If it was listed on there, then perhaps it has recently changed because the menu board at the to-go side only listed basic certain things. If it wasn't listed, I suspect you got lucky. Also, to confirm, you went to the true to-go side, right? The counter seating on the dining room side takes walk-ups and while its usually dine-in at that counter, I assume some people will ask for it to go at the counter as well.

Ample Hills is the best ice cream on property. Unless you live in New York, it will be hard to find this elsewhere.

B&C is Edy's (or Dreyer's for those on the west coast), which as we all know, can be found in your local grocery store or Walmart (most of the B&C toppings can be found there too).

Enjoy your trip!

I have seen Ample Hills pints in Whole Foods. It is not the same thing as the freshly scooped....

Were either on the menu board at the to-go side? If it was listed on there, then perhaps it has recently changed because the menu board at the to-go side only listed basic certain things. If it wasn't listed, I suspect you got lucky. Also, to confirm, you went to the true to-go side, right? The counter seating on the dining room side takes walk-ups and while its usually dine-in at that counter, I assume some people will ask for it to go at the counter as well.
Most definitely ordered at the to-go side (right door). My family and I have eaten there on numerous occasions. As a couple of others have mentioned on this thread that they too have been able to order specialty sundaes, I suspect it is a combination of how busy they are and the mood of the CM.

Okay, so I live in Brooklyn, where the original Ample Hills is located. I can visit the creamery and can go to Whole Foods and pick up a pint of it if I really want to...

Still, whenever I'm in Disney I make a point of swinging by and getting some ice cream. It's THAT good.

On the flip side, Beaches and Cream has more of a Disney flair to it. It's old school and very much relies on its immersive theming. At the end of the day, though, it's Edy's ice cream that you can find at any supermarket.

I'd do Ample Hills if you're not by one/don't have access to it. Yes, it's high in fat, as a PP mentioned. It's creamier than your traditional ice cream and will fill you up, for sure. But wow, the ingredients are all fresh, they ice cream is slow churned, and it's overall just fantastic. I can't get enough. I swear if I didn't eat healthy I'd find an excuse to eat it everyday.

The best flavor, IMO, is the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, followed by the Baked/Unbaked.

We haven't tried Ample Hills or B&C yet. We have a reservation for B&C this September on one of our Epcot days. We also love love love The Plaza and from what I understand, the ice cream is pretty much the same (Edy's) as B&C. We are super spoiled when it comes to ice cream. We have a local place that makes Nitro ice cream fresh from liquid to frozen right before your eyes. It is seriously the freshest ice cream you can get and it's so good! Reading the opinions though, I think we're gonna scrap our B&C reservation and try Ample Hills this trip.

Ample Hills is AMAZING. I can't wait to go there again. I thought B&C was extremely overrated.

Most definitely ordered at the to-go side (right door). My family and I have eaten there on numerous occasions. As a couple of others have mentioned on this thread that they too have been able to order specialty sundaes, I suspect it is a combination of how busy they are and the mood of the CM.

Agreed. They obviously have the materials on the to-go side to make the specialty sundaes, so it's probably at the discretion of the CM and dependent on how busy they are. Not something I'd rely on though if the sundae is a must-do for anyone. And I'm thinking they likely don't do the kitchen sink to go either.

Okay, so I live in Brooklyn, where the original Ample Hills is located. I can visit the creamery and can go to Whole Foods and pick up a pint of it if I really want to...

Still, whenever I'm in Disney I make a point of swinging by and getting some ice cream. It's THAT good.

On the flip side, Beaches and Cream has more of a Disney flair to it. It's old school and very much relies on its immersive theming. At the end of the day, though, it's Edy's ice cream that you can find at any supermarket.

I'd do Ample Hills if you're not by one/don't have access to it. Yes, it's high in fat, as a PP mentioned. It's creamier than your traditional ice cream and will fill you up, for sure. But wow, the ingredients are all fresh, they ice cream is slow churned, and it's overall just fantastic. I can't get enough. I swear if I didn't eat healthy I'd find an excuse to eat it everyday.

The best flavor, IMO, is the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, followed by the Baked/Unbaked.

Brooklyn here too !

I just got back from a Disney trip and we ate at Beaches and Cream and enjoyed ice cream there. I ordered the No Way Jose sundae and it was amazing! It was definitely worth it and I am salivating just thinking about it now. I have never had Ample Hills so I can't talk specifically about their ice cream but the No Way Jose was a really good sundae in my opinion and was a great ending to our Beaches and Cream reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter