American Idol

True North said:
I don't usually watch the show, but after the week that Ace sang a George Michael's song I have had the biggest crush on him. Shhhhh! Don't tell DH.

I tottaly agree I love Ace "hottie" Father Figure did it in.

LOLA2 said:
I tottaly agree I love Ace "hottie" Father Figure did it in.

My question to the Ace fans.... do you like him because he's a hottie, or do you really think he's the best singer?

I did a quick poll at work the other day and 100% of the folks that liked Ace thought he was hot.... also... 100% of them also thought he wasn't the best singer. I then said, "If you don't think he's the best singer, then why do you vote for him?" Their response, "We want him to stay because he's nice to look at!" :confused3

I'm not sure if I'll be watching this week (or next)! We are gonna be at WDW and I don't think we are gonna plan our days around AI... oh well, the DVR will catch it and we'll have to get caught up when we get back.

But glad 'Chicken Little' was voted off!

The blond gal from NC and the grey haired guy appeal to me.

Id guess Chris? the bald guy will win

Gerry

Yes, Ace is hot sometimes good singer, I thought he did great for Father Figure, not so good last two songs. I think it depends on which song he chooses to sing, bad choices lately. I think his voice would be great fro some Reo, Chicago, Air supply those kind of songs, otherwise he may doomed. I think he will make it to top 6 but not so sure after that. Yeah, his stares first couple starws were hot but now it's getting old!!

Bump!

FYI For those of you who are "Chicken Little" fans he will be on Regis and Kelly tomorrow (3/29).

So far I am not that impressed with anyone tonight. Future husband Ace downright scared me with his over-acting in the eye movments and the sad little face. Tonight so far it seems to be between those that are okay, and those that are just bad.

Did Ace actually ask you to marry him? Because he proposed to me last week! Geesh, is he a two timer or what?

I like ManDiva tonight so far

OrlandoMike said:
Did Ace actually ask you to marry him? Because he proposed to me last week! Geesh, is he a two timer or what?

I like ManDiva tonight so far

Damn it! Well that's it. I'm done with Ace. You can keep him and his scar.

Eliott just sang, so the show is over. My final vote is for Paris. I think she lost some parts of the song becuase of the dancing but I tend to vote on what I find fun.

(And by vote, I mean vote in my head. I'm Canadian and have to wait about 4 months for Canadian Idol to actually vote myself, therefore no one can get mad at me for voting not based upon tallent, but on a fun and looks :) )

I tend to agree with the judges, lots of great voices, but a lot of bad songs.

I am leaning towards "Mandiva" but someone needs to talk to her about her wardrobe! Nothing wrong with being a big girl, but what was she thinking packing all of that into skin tight jeans? :confused3

Strange show last night. You'd have thought it would have been more entertaining with current song choices. I did enjoy Katherine, Elliott, and Mandisa.

Did you see when Simon forcibly pushed Paula back into her seat after she wouldn't stop dancing? That girl is on something!

In my most humble opinion, last night was the worst so far by everyone. I don't think anyone sang well. Paris was the best "performance" but not necessariy the best singing.

I think ManDIVA is excellent and hope she goes far. I love the sound of Taylor - very Michael McDonald. I need Bucky to go. He grates on my nerves and I so want to cut his hair!!!

You are all right. Ace will go far only because he is so easy on the eyes. Two weeks ago Kellie sang 'Blame it on the Sun' and coverted me to Kellie fan.

My top two: Mandisa and Paris. Toss up as to who will win. I think both are great. Mandisa has a presence that I love. A "full-figured" gal with complete stage presence. Paris has the lineage and will go far in the industry.

I will now climb down off of my soap box and return you to your regularly schedulded DisBoards.

Randall

:rainbow:

ohhhh... top. :)

May wanna check out this week's big scandal... BTW new to the board. Spending my time reading as much as possible!

From Entertainment Weekly:

While we're on the subject of Mandisa (pictured), The Advocatecom has a story questioning whether this season's power vocalist is part of the ex-gay movement. Writer Neal Broverman points to Mandisa's official Idol page, where she says her personal American idol is author and speaker Beth Moore, of Living Proof Ministries, whose website contains links to so-called ex-gay organizations such as Exodus International. Broverman also wonders what exactly Mandisa meant with the shout-out that preceded her Tuesday performance: ''This song goes out to everybody that wants to be free. Your addiction, lifestyle, and situation may be big, but God is bigger.'' When asked for an explanation, a publicist for Idol told me it's not the show's policy to comment on contestants' personal lives (and apparently not their on-air remarks, either). That said, as a gay Idol addict, I'm not ready to label Mandisa a homophobe just yet. In fact, I got more of a ''God loves everyone'' vibe from the ''Shackles'' performance. Now 'Disa, don't prove me wrong, or it's gonna break my heart!

WillYoungFan said:
While we're on the subject of Mandisa (pictured), The Advocatecom has a story questioning whether this season's power vocalist is part of the ex-gay movement. Writer Neal Broverman points to Mandisa's official Idol page, where she says her personal American idol is author and speaker Beth Moore, of Living Proof Ministries, whose website contains links to so-called ex-gay organizations such as Exodus International. Broverman also wonders what exactly Mandisa meant with the shout-out that preceded her Tuesday performance: ''This song goes out to everybody that wants to be free. Your addiction, lifestyle, and situation may be big, but God is bigger.'' When asked for an explanation, a publicist for Idol told me it's not the show's policy to comment on contestants' personal lives (and apparently not their on-air remarks, either). That said, as a gay Idol addict, I'm not ready to label Mandisa a homophobe just yet. In fact, I got more of a ''God loves everyone'' vibe from the ''Shackles'' performance. Now 'Disa, don't prove me wrong, or it's gonna break my heart!

I saw that too! I didn't know if I should post it or not. I have to admit it does put a change in who I would cheer for.

vascubaguy said:
My question to the Ace fans.... do you like him because he's a hottie, or do you really think he's the best singer?

I did a quick poll at work the other day and 100% of the folks that liked Ace thought he was hot.... also... 100% of them also thought he wasn't the best singer. I then said, "If you don't think he's the best singer, then why do you vote for him?" Their response, "We want him to stay because he's nice to look at!" :confused3

I will shamelessly admit that I like him because he's a hottie! He isn't the worst singer...he really needs to step it up. I think he has the potential to be good. He's been just average so far. I've been voting for him. I think he'll make it a few more weeks yet...maybe finish 5th or so. I'm just glad he made the top 10 so now I get to see him in person on tour!

Bump.

Well my thoughts on the first 20 minutes.

Mandiva once again wears denim! Doesn't she read my posts?

Paula needs a man bad!

Ryan and Simon need to get a room, anyone else notice the mmmmm "tension" tonight?

I have nothing to say tonight. I don't feel like I can comment that well on country music night. Like Simmon, I don't like the music. Some good, some bad, but thing great for me.

Ryan and Simon? I'm still hoping for the Ryan / Anderson Cooper love match after seeing a clip of the two of them on CNN. I know that's just in my gay little dream land, but still...

True North said:
I have nothing to say tonight. I don't feel like I can comment that well on country music night. Like Simmon, I don't like the music. Some good, some bad, but thing great for me.

Ryan and Simon? I'm still hoping for the Ryan / Anderson Cooper love match after seeing a clip of the two of them on CNN. I know that's just in my gay little dream land, but still...

Oh, you mention Anderson Cooper. Wow. Smart, handsome, good sense of humor! ahhhhhhhhh.

I think Mandisa might go tonight.

So Mandisa gets the boot. I thought she did pretty good this week. Is there any more buzz about her being "anti-gay"? If so I wonder if that had anything to do with her lack of votes. :confused3

Hopefully that will be the last we see of Willie Nelson, just didn't think he fit in the show that well.

Next weeks theme should be pretty interisitng.......

I don't know if its true,but the way the DJ spoke,she's antigay. She is entitled to her opinions,but when she's looking for votes,she should keep them to herself. if its true that she was expressing her opinions about gays,she got what she deserves,the boot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter