Amazon Prime Household

OrangeBirdGirl

DIS Veteran
My dad's prime membership is up next month and I saw how I could just add him to my household (I don't have anyone added to my household now). I understand from what I read online is we can't see what each other purchases or get recommendations from browsing history. But we do share payment methods. I'm assuming it's just like now with my membership where I could still set a default payment method so I always know my card?
What about various lists I have created, does anyone do household and if so are you able to see other peoples lists?
Thanks!

Thanks for posting this, just reminded me to set this up so my husband doesn't see what I'm buying, lol. If I figure out your answers I'll report back.

dh and i are set up as separate but on the same prime household account. we do this primarily for him to be able to buy bday and christmas gifts. we both use different default credit cards, we don't see each other's purchases or lists (we can share a particular list if we choose to), don't get any search reccommendations.

My Mom is on our Prime Household - we split the cost of the annual fee. I don't see any of her purchases or her profile on my Prime home screen for watching shows.

I didn't know that was possible! Everyone in our household (DH, DS and myself) just log on to DH's account. We have a variety of different payment methods/delivery addresses on his profile and we each just pick our own when ordering. We all understand the cart, orders and lists are visible to all. It's not really a problem for us but it wouldn't hurt to separate the profiles. Does doing so mean each of us gets our own log in and separate passwords for Amazon Prime tv? Can it be streamed onto more than one device at a time?

My husband and I set this up as soon as it was available. His default payment method is different than mine IIRC. It's my Prime account that is being shared with him.

Lists are private (there's a setting to make it that way), he doesn't see what's on my lists nor my purchases.

As far as I know the way it's set up to be is basically just extending the Prime benefit to another person.

I didn't know that was possible! Everyone in our household (DH, DS and myself) just log on to DH's account. We have a variety of different payment methods/delivery addresses on his profile and we each just pick our own when ordering. We all understand the cart, orders and lists are visible to all. It's not really a problem for us but it wouldn't hurt to separate the profiles. Does doing so mean each of us gets our own log in and separate passwords for Amazon Prime tv? Can it be streamed onto more than one device at a time?
I’m assuming this isn’t available in Canada but could be wrong. I believe we pay less for Prime that the USA too.

My wife and I are households and I can't see her purchases but I can see her profile on all of our Prime television apps (Fire and Roku) which means I can see digital video purchases and her wish list. Not sure if that matters but it is the only thing I can see without her being logged into an app or website.

I never knew this was a thing! Me, dh, my kids all share one account, including My oldest who doesn’t live at home anymore. This was a pain with holiday gifts, because I know they’re always checking on things they ordered and I didn’t want them to see their gifts. Of course I would find out about this after the holidays. Good to know though.

Yes, my mom who does not live in the same state is on our prime account. No reason for you to each be paying for it. I think you can have up to 4 seperate people on the prime account. They each have their own logins with their own payment methods. I think the ability to stream amazon prime tv and get the free kindle book each month only applies to the original user, not to the other 3 logins. I do not see the browsing history or transactions for my other family members. The only thing to be aware of is that Alexa will announce expected deliveries (unless you turn off this function) to other members in the household.

The only thing to be aware of is that Alexa will announce expected deliveries (unless you turn off this function) to other members in the household.
good point. I order most gifts for my parents off Amazon and they do the same for me. So I have to disable completely or change a setting just for my orders? I guess it isn’t horrible to turn off completely, Ring notifies me when a delivery and I get annoyed when I have the alert light on Alexa. lol!

Thank you posting about this - I’m going to look into it for my DD20 to have her own log in on my account. I’m getting tired of accidentally not looking at the shipping address and then sending my orders to her at school that is 2 1/2 hours away :rolleyes2 (yes, I’ve done this more than once - LOL!)

Thank you posting about this - I’m going to look into it for my DD20 to have her own log in on my account. I’m getting tired of accidentally not looking at the shipping address and then sending my orders to her at school that is 2 1/2 hours away :rolleyes2 (yes, I’ve done this more than once - LOL!)
You’re not alone! 😆

Thank you for this reminder! We were talking about this with my family over Christmas. We weren't sure if others could see purchases someone else made. Now I know! Need to get those accounts set up. Happy New Year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter