Am I totally crazy???

MelKemp

Earning My Ears
Without any plans to go to Florida on vacation, we stumbled across an incredible deal for a week there. The time we had booked for our vacation is for the last week of June (6-27-04 until 7-3-04) so I know it's going to be HOT HOT HOT. Is it going to be too hot and crowded to enjoy the parks? Or would you advise Sea World/Bush Gardens and then plan around least crowded times next year to do WDW? I just hate to spend $1000 on tickets and the whole family be too hot, tired, and irrible to enjoy it. What do I do? What do I do?:confused:

I was at US and IOA last 4th July weekend. Yes, it was hot but not too hot to keep me from going back at that time. I went to Seaworld while I was there, and yes it was crowded. But we did the VIP tour so it didn't effect us at all. I imagine the closer you get to the holiday the more crowded it would get. Also, US and IOA were no problem for us with the crowds because we had front of the line access. Hope this helps a little.

it depends on how you are in the heat?

being from Texas I do not consider it any hotter in florida
then it is here. now it may be more humid on days, but
with plenty of water and indoor cues/rides, and shops to
step into you can stay cool.

ride the water rides, and go to the coke cool station at Epcot this helps, too.

Sea World is hotter to me as most of the shows are outdoors, you are more likely to stay cool at disney.

The first trip we took our kids on to MK was over summer break 2 years ago, July or Aug I guess. I was the only one that had been there before, but it was about 17 years ago. We spent a fortune to be miserable! We live in FL and my husband is a landscaper so we should be somewhat tolerant of the heat. But it was horrible. And the park was so crowded that the FP didn't even help too much. It was just shoulder to shoulder hot sweaty people! They never wanted to go back. We spent the next day at SW. It was a much nicer day!
I did finally convince DH to go back just last week. We were doing the 4 day resident thing. All the kids had a blast! We even upgraded to seasonal passes. It was very crowded, but not hot.
I don't think I would ever go back to WDW during summer break.

Yes it is definitely going to be hot. I would plan to arrive as early as the park opens, enjoy things until the crowds and heat get uncomfortable and then head to the pool at the hotel or to the water parks. Keep in mind that on really hot days the Disney water parks may fill to capacity and you cannot get in until later in the afternoon when patrons begin to leave. Be sure to drink LOTS of water. In the evening head back to the parks and enjoy the cooler evenings. In the summer the parks stay open late.

Definetly don't go to Bush Gardens or Sea World. Your better than that. Step up to WDW and enjoy the magic! Have fun!::MickeyMo

Originally posted by MelKemp
The time we had booked for our vacation is for the last week of June (6-27-04 until 7-3-04) so I know it's going to be HOT HOT HOT. Is it going to be too hot and crowded to enjoy the parks? Or would you advise Sea World/Bush Gardens and then plan around least crowded times next year to do WDW?
By all means, go to SW/BG that week!! More room for me. That's the same week I will be at WDW! :tongue: Just kidding...hope to see you there!

Cruisnfamily in response to your question, we're staying in a house just outside of WDW at Lake Louisa(I think) at a resort with private beaches, pool, rec center, etc. for $325.00 for the whole week. We're about 15 minutes away from WDW (so we can leave if the little ones get too hot and come back). My daughter's basketball coach owns it and this is what she rents it out for. So we're planning on 4 days at WDW and that leaves the rest of the time either at the resort, or maybe sightseeing some where else (any suggestions????) I think I'm more excited then my kids are!! I went to MK about 20 yrs ago with my parents and we only got to stay for about 3 hours (just enough to tease a kid!). So other then seeing the castle, and riding the teacups and small world...this is new to me too. WooHoo!!

As for you Motaei:
I'm gonna get in front of you every line to make you wait that much longer :tongue: Just kidding!

:bounce: we are just as crazy as you are. I hope it is going to be a great time for us all. We are coming from Rochester, Ny and our summers don't get past 82 on the regular. Do what you can and just enjoy until it's no fun anymore. Have a safe trip:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter