Am I the only one devastated by the Country Bear Jamboree Updates just released?

In reality i would argue that arcades are on the way out, hotels all have a small one in them that are pretty baren most of the time.
Penny Arcade wasn't a video arcade. It was a turn of the century room full of actual games from that era. Every kid I've ever known loved it and now they are dispersed into Boardwalk Inn. It was a free Disney feature that was taken away.

I think what's interest is honestly just how varied people's taste seems to be. I always thought Splash Mountain was janky and busted, even as a kid. I thought the AAs were ugly and best and terrifying at worst. So I (personally) see TBA as both a welcome and overdue upgrade. I also actually liked Universe of Energy--though not because the ride was particularly good, mostly because it was LONG, had no lines, and you could sit in the dark AC 😅

The only song I didn't like was the "country" version of Try Everything, ironically I think they didn't try hard enough on the arrangement to make it sound country. I also think "You've Got a Friend in Me" is so overused (Toy Story has disproportionate representation in the parks) that I felt a bit meh on it.

Ideally I would have liked for them to come up with new, original music but Iger has made it pretty clear that he's determined to be the King of IP when it comes to the parks. I think since the Imagineers were probably forced to use IP music, they did a great job with what they were handed.

Penny Arcade wasn't a video arcade. It was a turn of the century room full of actual games from that era. Every kid I've ever known loved it and now they are dispersed into Boardwalk Inn. It was a free Disney feature that was taken away.
I think Disney made a conscious decision to do away with all specialty shops in the parks as they were growing at an expeditious rate in the 90s/00s. They recognized they needed to 1 update to get with the times, and 2 to streamline as much in the parks as humanly possible.

As an aside I would tell you we have a turn of the century arcade close to home, and my 5 year old has 0 interest “it’s boring”, I can’t say at this point that I don’t feel the same way. It’s all “neat” stuff, but is more museum caliber at this point IMO

So, I was a "go every trip" person too. I do a VERY good Big Al impression.

But aside from the two of us, I am not sure how many others there are, because the theater was rarely ever even close to full. It wasn't pulling its weight, and while you and I might not have the same warm fuzzies about the new version, it is not hard to imagine that it will draw better.

And at the end of the day, that's the purpose of a theme park attraction--to have guests experience them.

I would usually go every trip, unless I only did a party at MK. It was usually a last-day kinf of thing where I am looking for the shortest possible lines. I often do soem show-heavy time on my last day - you know, keeping it chill.

I'm sorry. I'm not averse to all things new, but this musical score is going to completely change the whole show. This is not a refurb like we were initially led to believe but a total overhaul. My kids cried watching the previews, and the songs, other than the Bear Necessities, have no place in this show. I'm going to have to move into the TIKI room before they destroy that too. I get that these are not the most popular attractions, but when I would stop in once on every visit, my entire childhood flooded back to me and my kids feel the same. What is wrong with appreciating what it was for the time it was made in and cleaning up the costumes and animatronics but keeping it the same?
From what I've seen & heard, not sure if I will enjoy it or not. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in person in Sept. The song choices are a mixed bag with me. Some I like others I am not sure of.:confused3

I'm sorry. I'm not averse to all things new, but this musical score is going to completely change the whole show. This is not a refurb like we were initially led to believe but a total overhaul. My kids cried watching the previews, and the songs, other than the Bear Necessities, have no place in this show. I'm going to have to move into the TIKI room before they destroy that too. I get that these are not the most popular attractions, but when I would stop in once on every visit, my entire childhood flooded back to me and my kids feel the same. What is wrong with appreciating what it was for the time it was made in and cleaning up the costumes and animatronics but keeping it the same?

I have a soft spot for tradition, the old original things too.

But, this show was FIFTY years old.

FIFTY YEARS.

Whether I'm a huge fan of the changes or not, I can't really take a lot of offense for them changing this show.

Don't even get me started on that one. I am also stressed that they are changing that!!!!!

Who cares if the final scene is advanced enough...we get it. Aren't we all smart enough to realize that? Plus I think it's kind of cool that it resembles so much of today and that they had the ability to foresee it so accurately!
They just need to leave that final scene as a scene of the past like all of the others. If they want a updated version of today, or the future, they could just use a video screen for that, and it would be easy to update as needed with a new video.

I am definitely not a fan of the new song list. Before it was just cute enough with the innuendo and old country music from the past, that adults could sit through it and get a chuckle. Now it is just another "skip" on my attraction list. ( and honestly, I love Disney, but there is sooooooooooooooooo much of the Disney soundtrack music in the parks everywhere now days, that I am starting to get a little burned out on it. It was nice to get a little break from it in the old Country Bears.)

They just need to leave that final scene as a scene of the past like all of the others. If they want a updated version of today, or the future, they could just use a video screen for that, and it would be easy to update as needed with a new video.

I might agree with you if it was the original scene, but it's not. The real issue isn't when the scene is, but the massive jump from the previous scene. The first three scenes are closer - all early, 20th century. What they really need to do is revamp the show where it starts in the arly 20th century and jumps ahead in larger timeframes. It would create a better, more cohesive show. If they wanted it to be an artifact, then restore it to the original version, though I don't think that's the better solution.

I just watched a video of the new CBJ - and just prior to watching figured I'd not like it much.. I smiled the entire video - and giggled at the way they used other Disney tunes. Will still be a nice break and I understand that things change - but I had no complaints about this.
I just saw the new Country Bears show and Tiana's Bayou Adventure. I actually liked the Country Bears and was much better than expected. Tiana's however was very disappointing. I don't know what Disney spent on the conversion, but they did not get their monies worth. Summer crowds were also down. Disney stock now under $90/share. I really hope this great company can get back on the right track.

I am not devastated by the upgrades. I am devastated it still exists. Those things scare me. Anyone else freaked out by those bears? They are creepy to me. Somewhere between the original Planet of the Apes and Clowns. Throw in the corny country jamboree and I just cant bear (pun intended) to watch them.

I am not devastated by the upgrades. I am devastated it still exists. Those things scare me. Anyone else freaked out by those bears? They are creepy to me. Somewhere between the original Planet of the Apes and Clowns. Throw in the corny country jamboree and I just cant bear (pun intended) to watch them.
Oooh, they could replace it with "Planet of the Apes: The Musical" now that they own that IP

There's a whole sub-genre of horror now based on scary animatronics. I really don't recommend that you watch Five Nights at Freddy's or Willie's Wonderworld! 🤣

Oooh...Help me Dr. Zaius!
Dr. Zaius-Dr. Zaius!
Dr. Zaius-Dr. Zaius!
Dr. Zaius-Dr. Zaius!
Oh-oh Dr. Zaius!

This play has everything!

Actually, seriously, I would love to see this Live at the Hyperion at DCA! Man, that would be great.
I would legit plan an entire trip to see this. "I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpanzee" is one of my all-time favorite Simpsons quotes.

I would legit plan an entire trip to see this. "I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpanzee" is one of my all-time favorite Simpsons quotes.

"Oh, you'll never make a monkey out of me!"

1722458126071.png

"Oh my gosh, I was wrong! It was Earth all along! I guess you've fianlly made a moneky out of me!"

Man, I would SO be there! After all, I love legitimate theater! 😁

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest