Alright ladies......a Disneyworld perfume question

olecow

Mouseketeer
My wife's favorite perfume in the world is Laila, which is from Norway, and is sold in the Norway pavillion at Epcot. She's running low on her current bottle and wants to pick up some more when we're there in a few weeks.

I've purchased Laila for her from Amazon before (I know, romantic right, "Honey, where did you ever find my favorite perfume?? I got it on Amazon, with FREE shipping. Be still my beating heart." :sad2:)

Anyway, I can currently get a 3.4 oz bottle for $56 on Amazon but I'm a little wary about getting it online again. I never know if I'm getting her the real thing. Has anyone been to the Norway pavillion recently and can you tell me how much the 3.4 oz (big) bottle of Laila is selling for?

I would be happy if you got it on Amazon and saved $! Nordstroms have it for $73 so $56 on Amazon sounds good, is it from an actual store? You should be okay getting it there. You can bet it will be $100 or more in Epcot.

I buy mine through Walgreens.com and they seem to consistently have the lowest price. No problems with it at all and if you can get me twice as much for the same price, I'm good with you buying it online! :thumbsup2

Thank you Thank you Thank you for the replies, and the Walgreens.com tip :worship::worship::worship:. I think I'm going to go that route.

How is a drugstore more romantic than Amazon?

I truly wouldn't care where you picked it up if it is what I really wanted, I am just curious.

Good point Dawn. I really wish I had a good answer or a witty comeback for that, but I don't. I've just heard some bad things about some of the online Amazon marketplace sellers selling old or counterfeit versions of Laila. Walgreens seems more legit to me than Pete's Perfume Palace.

Actually, my wife has a Walgreens rewards card so maybe Walgreens IS more romantic than Amazon after all. :flower3:

How about its magic and you smell so yummy. Why would you ever tell her?

I am not sure WHERE you buy matters as much as you thought about her and got her something you know she will like.

Now if anyone bought me perfume I would know that they had no clue about what I would like.

Good point Dawn. I really wish I had a good answer or a witty comeback for that, but I don't. I've just heard some bad things about some of the online Amazon marketplace sellers selling old or counterfeit versions of Laila.

FWIW, some people a month or so ago were saying that the Laila sold at Epcot smells different than the Laila they had previously purchased at Epcot. Seems the company might have changed the formula. So there might not be any good way to know...

In case you didn't know, you can buy Laila straight from the source, too.

It's 73 in Epcot and 50-something for the smaller one.

It smells like L'eau d'issey (issey miyake) which you will find almost everywhere if you are curious to try it. Laila is a little sharper and more alcohol in the first minute due to cheaper ingredients but is extremely close. An aquatic floral with watermelon.

Okay, so now I'm curious. What does Laila smell like?

To me....Calvin Klein's Escape. Which I still have a bottle of, so there's no need for me to get Laila. :) took me all day of wearing Laila to finally put a finger on what it smelled like on me.

DH got the Laila company's men's fragrance, yum. Weirdly, it doesn't smell great when he wears it here, in WA. But put him in Orlando or Anaheim when it's warm, and the chemistry of the fragrance just changes. :thumbsup2

I would be happy if you got it on Amazon and saved $! Nordstroms have it for $73 so $56 on Amazon sounds good, is it from an actual store? You should be okay getting it there. You can bet it will be $100 or more in Epcot.

I actually get mine from Amazon...:thumbsup2

I get mine from perfume dot com The 3.4oz bottle is $73, but the site offers 5% back at QR [and no doubt other marketing sites]. They frequently send coupons to me as well, so I usually pay a good bit less.

Laila is my favorite, has been for years. It maybe more expensive in Epcot but I don't really care. I look forward to buying a new bottle every year when I visit Disney. They usually have a special going where you get a free lotion or a purse size bottle with a purchase. It's one of the few things I buy myself there so I will keep the tradition going.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest