Allergy Dining

JMCDDD

Earning My Ears
A word of caution if you are planning a wedding with any guests attending who have food allergies. My family returned from our niece's wedding in December with the reception held at the Yacht and Beach Club. This was the third time my daughter was served unsafe food, previously at the Magic Kingdom, the second at Epcot but this the first time where advance notice was given. Each time my wife intervened and saved what could have been a tragic outcome. In addition to advance notice, the chef did not know the ingredients for the food served on the buffet (never happenend before) and even prepared a separate dish from the kitchen that was not safe either. Three separate banquet managers and two chefs from other locations apologized for the negligence and asked what else they could do. They even suggested halting the reception to make the "situation" right. The reason for this post is to alert individuals with food allergies that Disney does not have enough staff to assure your safety when dining. We take all of the necessary precautions including knowing where the closest hospital is located (Celebration), giving advance notice, asking for the chef, etc. but this is continuing to happen. This really ruined the wedding and our visit so please be aware. And the most frustrating part of all of this is that you are no longer allowed to speak to Guest Relations. Disney now uses a third party "claims" group who looks to protect the company at any cost and deflect any responsibility. I never asked for anything but was told, after being asked to call, that Disney will only speak to individuals if something is "compensatory" in nature and I was not permitted to contact Guest Relations. After thirty years and multiple trips to both coasts, it is a shame how the level of service has diminished. Do not let your guard down as a result like what happened at Raglan Road could happen again.

Yes, please give more specifics. We have an upcoming trip with food allergies. We have never had an issue before and also numerous trips (only eating at DW restaurants or QS - not Disney Springs or non-Disney owned places).

What did the chef prepare that was wrong? Thank you so much.

Yes, please give more specifics. We have an upcoming trip with food allergies. We have never had an issue before and also numerous trips (only eating at DW restaurants or QS - not Disney Springs or non-Disney owned places).

If you're interested in the food allergies topic in general, I'd probably recommend checking the posts in the restaurants board. This post was referring specifically to event catering and this weddings board is pretty inactive these days!

This person just joined, has literally one post- this one- about a wedding that happened 6 months ago, with quite an elaborate situation. Including some inaccuracies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter