Alcohol Policy Double Port

CrazyPhillyDisneyFamily

Earning My Ears
I have read the alcohol policy multiple times and my understanding is you can bring the allotted amount for each port. What if you are in the same port for multiple days? I have a friend going with us and he is wondering he can get bring on 6 beers each day

Yes. Typically the ship sails back out to sea each night unless it is listed as an "over night" in the port. For those I do not know for sure.

I have read the alcohol policy multiple times and my understanding is you can bring the allotted amount for each port. What if you are in the same port for multiple days? I have a friend going with us and he is wondering he can get bring on 6 beers each day
It's probably a gray area. Technically, it's "per port", so the limit would be the 2 bottles of wine/6 beers total only. That said, I'm sure there are people who would "give it a try" bringing on their allotment once on each day.

As noted, it could vary, depending on if it's an overnight in the port, or if it's two separate calls at the same port.

Here is my answer from a similar thread
Definitely got off the boat more then once on our past three cruises, one cruise June 2017 10 nights, 2 cruises in 2018, 11& 7nights most recent xmas week on Fantasy.
If we do a morning excursion both DH, DD 21 or I stop in a store on the way back to the ship. Some of us may get off the ship again in the afternoon, do some shopping and then make another stop for more beer or wine. If our excursion is later in the day, we do the reverse order. We stick to the per person limit each time, either the six pack or 2 bottles of wine per person getting on the ship. The bottles go on the security belt with our other bags.
I would have to look back at our itineraries, I do remember St. Kitts, Falmouth, St. Martin & Aruba.
Hope this helps, any other questions I will be happy to answer

Yes. Typically the ship sails back out to sea each night unless it is listed as an "over night" in the port. For those I do not know for sure.

Is there a DCL itinerary that does overnight stays at certain ports? That's news to me, I'd love to go on one of those..

Is there a DCL itinerary that does overnight stays at certain ports? That's news to me, I'd love to go on one of those..
There are 2 that come to mind for me. Bermuda cruises overnight there as it's the only port on those cruises. Also on the Iceland/Norway 10/11 nt cruises, there is usually an overnight in Reykjavik.

Here is my answer from a similar thread
Definitely got off the boat more then once on our past three cruises, one cruise June 2017 10 nights, 2 cruises in 2018, 11& 7nights most recent xmas week on Fantasy.
If we do a morning excursion both DH, DD 21 or I stop in a store on the way back to the ship. Some of us may get off the ship again in the afternoon, do some shopping and then make another stop for more beer or wine. If our excursion is later in the day, we do the reverse order. We stick to the per person limit each time, either the six pack or 2 bottles of wine per person getting on the ship. The bottles go on the security belt with our other bags.
I would have to look back at our itineraries, I do remember St. Kitts, Falmouth, St. Martin & Aruba.
Hope this helps, any other questions I will be happy to answer

I was going to confess that when I sailed RCCL out of Barcelona I took my 2 bottles on board with me when I embarked, and then once I could drop things off in my cabin, went back into the port and bought 2 more bottles in the store there. No one questioned it...and I was not the only one doing it. I had thought about going back once more, but got distracted unpacking and organizing my excursion tickets until Muster.

I've never noticed a mechanism for the CMs manning the xray machine to keep track of who or how much (carry on alcohol) you have with you other than "the allotted amount".
So unless you are really unique ( like 7 ft. tall, or Denver Broncos hair color) I'm just one in the sea of a thousand passengers returning from the island - be it the first or second time through the xray with my allotted amount of wine.

I always wondered if they keep track of what people bring on. They usually have a table to take the hard liquor, but do they scan your card when you carry-on the allotted amount? If not, you could theoretically carry a lot more, 6 beers or 2 bottles of wine at a time. At least until they recognize you.

There is an overnight in St Petersburg Russia on my upcoming cruise in August

Oh wow that's so cool... I never looked at Russia/Iceland cruises as they don't appeal to me that much but the overnight stay changes things a bit.
Have fun in your cruise!

I've never noticed a mechanism for the CMs manning the xray machine to keep track of who or how much (carry on alcohol) you have with you other than "the allotted amount".
So unless you are really unique ( like 7 ft. tall, or Denver Broncos hair color) I'm just one in the sea of a thousand passengers returning from the island - be it the first or second time through the xray with my allotted amount of wine.

I agree. Unless the crew at the badge scan/xray machine is doing some quick "check box" of particular passengers bringing alcohol on board, I can't imagine they'd ever know how many times you came through. We actually came back from port one time and forgot we had purchased several small bottles of limoncello, sent them through the xray machine and marched off to our stateroom. It wasn't until we opened our bags an hour later that we realized our mistake and that they should have held them at the desk past security.

So I'd bet your situation would work just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter