AKV Jambo House Deluxe Studio Question

FlynnStone

Earning My Ears
As an Annual Passholder, I just booked a Deluxe Studio (Standard View) at AKV Jambo House - thought we would splurge as this is a milestone Anniversary celebration. Does anyone know where these are located? And is it possible to request a view (ie. no parking lot), like you can with a regular AKL room reservation? Also wondering if the Deluxe Studios are all on the 5th Floor, and how much larger they are than the Value Studios? Jambo House has always been our favorite place of all the Disney properties, and we have stayed in Savannah, Pool, and Standard rooms in the past, so I am familiar with the layout.

The studios are all on the fifth floor except concierge level which is on the sixth floor, and all except value are about 360 sq ft (values are about 315). However, which are "standard" can depend on whether you reserved though a DVC rental broker or member, or instead reserved through Disney since what DVC considers standards and what Disney central reservations consider standards are two different things, and I am not even sure what you can request if it is a Disney CROreservation. If a DVC reservation, then be aware that none of the standards have parking lot view; about half are pool and half are savanna view (resulting from savanna view rooms without the greatest views being converted to standard). If you want pool view, you can request it through the DVC Member (or broker who then has the member make the request). If you want savanna have the member or broker request room on the Kudo Trail side of the building (requesting "savanna" view will not be accepted as a request recognizable for standard view rooms). All standard studios on that side of the building have savanna view.

Thank you drusba - I did not book through a DVC broker or member - AK Villa Jambo House Deluxe Studio (Standard View) was a resort room option through the disneyworld.com (which I supposed is Disney Central Reservations). Also available were the normal (non-Villa AKL) room options.

As an Annual Passholder, I just booked a Deluxe Studio (Standard View) at AKV Jambo House - thought we would splurge as this is a milestone Anniversary celebration. Does anyone know where these are located? And is it possible to request a view (ie. no parking lot), like you can with a regular AKL room reservation? Also wondering if the Deluxe Studios are all on the 5th Floor, and how much larger they are than the Value Studios? Jambo House has always been our favorite place of all the Disney properties, and we have stayed in Savannah, Pool, and Standard rooms in the past, so I am familiar with the layout.
Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful stay!

Thank you drusba - I did not book through a DVC broker or member - AK Villa Jambo House Deluxe Studio (Standard View) was a resort room option through the disneyworld.com (which I supposed is Disney Central Reservations). Also available were the normal (non-Villa AKL) room options.
That should be pool or partially obscured savanna view.

We have had two stays in a Deluxe Studio at Jambo. Both times we had a room on floor 5 of the Zebra trail that overlooked what our family has come to call the "damaged animal pen" (initially this was my MIL's label for it, not ours, but now it has stuck). In this fenced in area, there are a few birds with wing issues, a little deer who hangs around, and a resident non-flying vulture. Sure, sure, it's not the open savannah, but we love watching our little family out there. We just reserved a savannah view room and all said how much we would miss our friends in the D.A.P. We loved watching the trucks come to feed the animals on the other trails in the morning, too.
And.. if you walk to the end of the hall and out to the exterior staircase, there are always giraffes and zebras hanging around that spot, and you can watch until your heart's content in complete solitude. We would go every morning to see them - still in our PJs.
Enjoy your stay. I love Jambo house so much!

We had 2 rooms at AKL Jambo last week, both reserved through DVC and both standard views.
The first room was a 1 bedroom with a wonderful savannah view, we could see some of the cages the animals were kept in overnight but zebra, giraffe, warthogs, and many more animals hung out in the area often. It was the best view we'e had in 5+ stays at AKL/Kidani.
The second room was a studio with a good savannah view, this one had more cattle, deer, and an occasional giraffe.

Both rooms were far superior savannah views than the last room we had at Kidani where we paid a premium for savannah view and ended up staring at land outside of Disney. We know where to book moving forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter