Airplane acceptable battery charger?

I guess I don't understand the question because I don't know what would be considered "unacceptable"???
Personally I have a few different portable chargers some off brand and some branded.
I personally like the Anker brand.
I have one thatyou can charge 2 things at once and its relatively small.

I thought certain battery chargers, the lithium ones? We’re not allowed. I do have an Anker I’ve never used.

I thought certain battery chargers, the lithium ones? We’re not allowed. I do have an Anker I’ve never used.
Are you referring to portable battery packs that can be used to recharge your devices? Those have internal Li-Ion batteries, so they cannot go in checked luggage. They are okay for carry-on transport. The portable chargers that plug into outlets and are used with appropriate USB cables can be packed or carried-on.

Are you referring to portable battery packs that can be used to recharge your devices? Those have internal Li-Ion batteries, so they cannot go in checked luggage. They are okay for carry-on transport. The portable chargers that plug into outlets and are used with appropriate USB cables can be packed or carried-on.

I know you are stickler for details so it probably should be mentioned there is a capacity limit of 100 watt-hours (Wh) for a battery to be allowed even as carry on. This covers the majority of battery sizes but these days you can get larger and It's relevant when considering charging iPads which can have larger demands.

20000MaH power banks comply with airline requirements. Google the formula if you want the maximum allowed

20k units all seem to comply and 30K don't. Do the math if you want to hit the limit.

Not sure why you change the units and say do the math.. the guidance is clear, the limit without having to jump through hoops and ask permission is stated in black and white, 100 watt-hours (Wh) for a battery to be allowed as carry on. do the reading?

Not sure why you change the units and say do the math.. the guidance is clear, the limit without having to jump through hoops and ask permission is stated in black and white, 100 watt-hours (Wh) for a battery to be allowed as carry on. do the reading?
Good point. When I did the math Wh wasn't generally listed under specification.

Edited to add Anker sells an expensive $180 device evidently designed for airline use.

• Small Size, Huge Power: The power bank is the size of a soda can with a capacity of 27,650mAh and can charge a 13-inch MacBook Air (M2) 1.28 times or an iPhone 14 approximately 4.67 times. Please know that this power bank is 99.54Wh, which meets the requirements of the TSA(<100Wh) to be taken on airplanes as carry-on baggage.

Last edited:
Good point. When I did the math Wh wasn't generally listed under specification.

Edited to add Anker sells an expensive $180 device evidently designed for airline use.

• Small Size, Huge Power: The power bank is the size of a soda can with a capacity of 27,650mAh and can charge a 13-inch MacBook Air (M2) 1.28 times or an iPhone 14 approximately 4.67 times. Please know that this power bank is 99.54Wh, which meets the requirements of the TSA(<100Wh) to be taken on airplanes as carry-on baggage.

Great edit. I actually own that one and love it. Besides known capacity without doing the math (which I like) , it gives me useful real time metrics of charge %, charge voltage and amps, and time left given the current charge rate. I like data. So I know, dont have to guess, about what I can charge and not charge. And it does a good job of charging. and may be more importantly, it recharges FAST for something that size. I dont know about you but I dont often pack days in advance. charging time of the power bank is critical for me. yes, it is big. And expensive. But I often see it on sale for about $40 less, or $140. Thats when I got mine. It was great until my son 'borrowed' it and still has not returned it. grrr.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portable-Compatible-Charging-Included/dp/B0BYP2F3SG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=Y2VLQDHVH68D&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.cBbUdv8Ti7_9lO4UlGbzVwUCM6pzyUMwiP6Z-bAdS2zt1-jEDxo7wFBR4OcMm0RStA5e3a-Nzz9j0vdTmhFvKzeL61306zjZZovnGMmFrVxExpzKnXWhXTybCzSoyhezEjr6TpB8_lnjRsur85hKqDpuzM6tR--Vp1fdYNavPQcW4DxdOXS6xY7e3Pw14VCXxyH26-zmDuyn6UaI2DFybjZ1ra7WXW42GeAj4qVFgVI.YtGKwydfQRQZd0AdOHxxLgr0VYrxLbbXNpC-IWqj5EY&dib_tag=se&keywords=anker+power+bank+100+wh&qid=1719931106&sprefix=anker+power+bank+100+wh,aps,100&sr=8-3&th=1

Last edited:
I would agree with a lot of the PPs that Anker is the way to go. They have different charging speeds based on how powerful they are, and are VERY good quality.

Advise against buying cheap, no-name brands of battery packs. There are a few incidents where battery packs burst into flames in airplane cabins (although it is very rare; maybe 1-2 times per year out of thousands of flights).

UK has recommended guidelines: "The powerbank must not exceed a maximum capacity of 100 Wh or 27,000 mAh"

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest