• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

Metro Fresh To Go
My dinner is on hold,,,
I am not very impressed,,
The food is not hot (ice cold):cold:,,came out of the refrigerator with a bow tied around it??:(:(
and needs to be cooked at 350 for 50 minutes,,,,
good grief...not what I was expecting..................
Hugs
Mel

It's the Italpasta that is 99 cents in the flyer. This was barrhaven sobeys. Hopefully the same everywhere but the AM was not in the flyer

We went to Ottawa yesterday so my youngest could choose her American Girl doll that my in-laws will give her for Christmas and we stopped at Sobeys 10th Line in Orleans where I bought 6 packs of Italpasta for 99cents (5 AM each). Is a really good deal IMO.

The cashier at Sobeys was so nice. As soon as he saw our cart he asked me if I thought I had more than 200$ of stuff (of course I did --- I don't remember the last time my weekly grocery shopping cost me less than 200$) and if I wanted him to stop scanning when I reached 100$. So I spent 105.67$ got 213 AM and then 135.55$ got 170 AM. Not too shabby! Then, when my kids and DH went to the car I went back in to buy 2x500$ Disney GCs!!! The same cashier said it was his biggest transaction ever. I'm so jealous you guys have the 25-500$ GCs at a store where I can get double AM on my MasterCard! Our IGA doesn't have any Disney GC and Jean Coutu only has the 50$ ones.

For grocery, I refuse to do more than 1 stop. Waste of my time since I have to drive at least 15 minutes to get to another supermarket brand other than Maxi (equivalent to No Frills?!?) and IGA Extra. I could save money by shopping at Maxi but the produce is awful and they don't carry antibiotic-free meat so I rarely go there so I prefer paying a few dollars more and shop at IGA or Loblaws when I have time while my daughter is at her Cheer.

Yes, hot! I phoned to ask that myself. I wanted to make sure if I had to cook it or heat it up that I gave myself enough time from pick-up to dinner time.

Metro Fresh To Go
My dinner is on hold,,,
The food is not hot (ice cold):cold:,,came out of the refrigerator with a bow tied around it??:(:(
Hugs
Mel

Oh no....I wonder if each location is different...I guess I will call before placing my order because I was hoping to just pick it up on my way home from work...not looking to cook for another 50 minutes after I get home...

Ok just organizing myself...................
new game plan:dogdance: I don't have to cook dinner!!
Metro Sunday Nov 18th Fresh to go X1 (sons card)
Rexall Mon Nov 19th X2
Sobeys Mon Dec 3rd X2 $100.00 dollar shops,,no big shops between now and then.

Hugs
Mel

Updating for my own sanity
Rexall Mon Nov 19th (note to self unlock cash mile accounts)
Sobeys Mon Dec 3rd X2 $100.00 dollar shops,,no big shops between now and then.

Hugs
Mel

Oh no....I wonder if each location is different...I guess I will call before placing my order because I was hoping to just pick it up on my way home from work...not looking to cook for another 50 minutes after I get home...

That's what I expected too,,and from the response of the customer service cashiers that is what I should have got,,I did their online survey and mentioned my dissatisfaction.

Hugs
Mel

Metro Fresh To Go
My dinner is on hold,,,
Hugs
Mel
Sorry to hear that Mel! Metro is definitely not very consistent about this catering practice. I may just get a cold platter to avoid disappointment.

Oh, help! My plan is to do my one air miles shop on Black Friday and purchase a $100 e-gift card from Indigo, which should qualify for the 50 Bonus Miles coupon and one more store for StB. But, I have never purchased an e-gift card from Indigo, and when I went looking for them ... I couldn’t find them anywhere. Could some kind soul please tell me where on earth Indigo has hidden them online? I can find the physical gift cards, but would prefer the e-card, especially with the Post Office on strike.

When Is the 15x on Airmiles shops supposed to start again?

My birthday, honestly it's actually my birthday on Friday I think it's a nice treat! I'm hoping that lots of the individual stores have their own multipliers as well, keep an eye on the post about online shopping on the first page I will be sure to update it

Oh, help! My plan is to do my one air miles shop on Black Friday and purchase a $100 e-gift card from Indigo, which should qualify for the 50 Bonus Miles coupon and one more store for StB. But, I have never purchased an e-gift card from Indigo, and when I went looking for them ... I couldn’t find them anywhere. Could some kind soul please tell me where on earth Indigo has hidden them online? I can find the physical gift cards, but would prefer the e-card, especially with the Post Office on strike.
Sure thing, I'll even give you a direct link!
go to this website and click the button for electronic gift card, pick the design you want and the dollar value you want to add, poof done!

Indigo Gift card

If you're trying to work 2 Airmile accounts you can buy the gift card with one account and then use it on the other!

Sure thing, I'll even give you a direct link!
go to this website and click the button for electronic gift card, pick the design you want and the dollar value you want to add, poof done!

Indigo Gift card

If you're trying to work 2 Airmile accounts you can buy the gift card with one account and then use it on the other!

Hi Jacqueline
So for someone who has never done this before (me)

Step #1
On Friday Nov 23.
I log onto the airmiles shop website using my airmiles ID number
I purchase 100.00 e-gift card--then it is emailed to me right ?

Step #2
I log onto the airmiles web site using my sons airmiles ID and I purchase 4x 25.00e-gift cards using the original
$100.00 e-gift card as payment ?
Then I have 4 handy dandy Santa Sack gifts?
AND I have used 2 STB airmiles shops --one for me and one for son?
Will each 25.00 e-gift card come separate for me to print (I need one for 4 adults but separately).

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Sorry to hear that Mel! Metro is definitely not very consistent about this catering practice. I may just get a cold platter to avoid disappointment.

Yes
I would definitely go with a cold platter--I just tried the Lasagna and it was not something I'd buy again,,hardly any meat at all.
Hugs
Mel

Hi Jacqueline
So for someone who has never done this before (me)

Step #1
On Friday Nov 23.
I log onto the airmiles shop website using my airmiles ID number
I purchase 100.00 e-gift card--then it is emailed to me right ?

Step #2
I log onto the airmiles web site using my sons airmiles ID and I purchase 4x 25.00e-gift cards using the original
$100.00 e-gift card as payment ?
Then I have 4 handy dandy Santa Sack gifts?
AND I have used 2 STB airmiles shops --one for me and one for son?
Will each 25.00 e-gift card come separate for me to print (I need one for 4 adults but separately).

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

I understand what you're trying to do Mel but I'm afraid that's a no-go I meant I'd buy something else -- book, toy, crafts, purse, poster ....

Terms and Conditions

Electronic Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase Indigo Gift Cards or Electronic Gift Cards. Electronic Gift Cards cannot be refunded, re-sold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash and are not negotiable instruments and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. The risk of loss and title for Electronic Gift Cards passes to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the recipient. Indigo is not responsible for lost or stolen Electronic Gift Cards.

Question. Since the purchase of books at Amazon don't count for AM's will they count for the STB spend $100?
While it says in the rather lengthy and rather odd collection of exclusions that books don't earn miles I've found that when i place an order of a bunch of different types of things and have included one, 2 or more items from their no-go list i get miles for the entire purchase not just the stuff that's supposedly included. I've never placed an order that was strictly books but i did do one that was completely tools and those are also excluded and the miles posted.

Not much help am i?? IMHO, with all the hassles the online shopping tends to come with, I wouldn't want to risk that as my 7th coupon on the off chance it didn't work meaning I'd either need to buy $100 more or not know until the miles start posting and I'm SOL

I understand what you're trying to do Mel but I'm afraid that's a no-go I meant I'd buy something else -- book, toy, crafts, purse, poster ....

Terms and Conditions

Electronic Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase Indigo Gift Cards or Electronic Gift Cards. Electronic Gift Cards cannot be refunded, re-sold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash and are not negotiable instruments and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. The risk of loss and title for Electronic Gift Cards passes to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the recipient. Indigo is not responsible for lost or stolen Electronic Gift Cards.

Hi Hon
I kind of figured it would be a No go but had to ask...
Thanks for all the information.
Hugs
Mel

Any potluck gatherings in your future?? Super easy way to do that!! Who doesn't want a "Cheese Plank" (seriously, that's what they call one of their cheese trays!!!)

Also the website is pretty clear to me that the danged lasagna was to be served to you HOT!!
Catering
Let us take care of the cooking! Choose from one of our delicious side dishes and main courses. Served hot, fresh & fast!

Hi Mel,

I bought two Jacob’s Creek Chardonnay at $11.25 each. I don’t see any bonus miles on the receipt but I have loaded the offer onto my card. The LCBO number of the wine is on the receipt. Does your receipt show the same info?

I picked up one of that wine yesterday - the item # shows on my receipt same item # as the coupon. AM posted already. I really like this wine so will pick up some tomorrow with my husband to use his card! :)

I realized yesterday that on Dec 6 we should go downtown to the Sobeys Urban Fresh, I will get a gift card on my account, husband will get one on his, and then we will use those the day after for our Sobeys spend $100 get 100AM :)

It's going to be easier than I thought to get either 5 or 7 coupons done. Just using what we need anyways. Need gas. Need food. Just be creative about it. :) LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter