Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

Sooo glad you've decided to join in the hunt! I've taken a screen shot to show you that, yes they are 2 different partners so using a coupon from each will count as 2 offers done!View attachment 389669

They will count as 2 partners. In QC Sobeys has 4 banners (IGA, IGA Express, Marché Traditions and Rachelle-Béry) and they are considered 4 independant partners. It’s great for promos like Mega Miles!
Thank you so much for clearing that up & for all your help!

Well, I finally got a chance to see what was offered in Alberta. I will be able to do this promo pretty easy. I'm looking at ways to help out the sister in Saskatchewan as well for her card. I should be able to help her with a couple as well. I was hoping for offers I was going to be able to complete. I was pleasantly surprised I should be able to do all of them here, without having to drive the 40 minutes to a neighboring town to hit a Rexall. I was surprised that Staples was NOT included in the west. I was purposely holding off on buying printer ink and a few other things I would have picked up there lol.

I can do:
  • Shell fill-up (or the in-store offer on a gift card)
  • Air Miles Shops
  • Sobeys gift card
  • Metro cash redemption
  • LCBO (wine)
Could also do either coupon at Rexall or a Miss Fresh order without really going out of my way. And I still shop at Children's Place from time to time, though less now that my kids are getting a bit older.

So this one should be pretty easy for me.

We easily spend more than $250 on our MC each month, but most of our purchases are not at those partners, except for maybe Shell.
Are GCs included, I'm hoping the Sobeys GC will count. Kind of prefer the 25 transaction MC offer, more straight forward...

Site is LIVE! But oh so glitchy

No AMEX offer :(
Mastercard offer -- they got wise and have set a $250 threshold instead of simply a number of transactions (only at Participating Partners as well!!)
Metro offers are STUPID! $25 on catering or buy a Fresh 2 go 3 topping extra large pizza

MEGA MILES
Woah! Good catch! I won't have too much problem with that.....I'll buy my gift card from Sobeys, fill up at Shell, shop at Rexall (maybe, since I'll use my Cash miles there), buy the cat a new cat tree at Global pets and hit Foodland a couple of times to make the $250

I love the addition of the Metro pizza. Their pizza is actually quite good!
I've not had it. Is it something that you can pick up without pre-ordering? If so is it well marked as their Fresh to Go?

Finally got an urban Fresh gift card, but unlike your success @ottawamom it doesn't say anything on the receipt about mega miles, none on the receipt but it does say Promo #30 so it better work! If not I have a facebook chat to back up my troubles The shell had nothing I wanted! Sooo i'm 1 for 4 attempts so far, which is why I prefer to wait at least a day to tackle these promos, how dare the hospital change my appointments to Thursdays instead of Friday.

We easily spend more than $250 on our MC each month, but most of our purchases are not at those partners, except for maybe Shell.
Are GCs included, I'm hoping the Sobeys GC will count. Kind of prefer the 25 transaction MC offer, more straight forward...
Its always worked for me in the past and I'm counting on that again. I just stopped at Metro and purchased $150 GC for St Louis, we have a family diner there next Friday and I always pick up the bill for family dinners. If I were to just pay at St Louis it would not help with my my MC spend so it made more sense to buy it at Metro.
I also stopped at Global Pet Foods, did my MM coupon there and used MC. That makes me $40 away from completing the MC MM offer, so one Shell fill up which will complete another MM coupon. I'm on a roll.

For those in QC or close to, Jean Coutu has another coupon on the Airmiles app for 20X wus 50$+ cosmetics. It can be combined with the 3X wus 20$+ on almost anything (clearly says on this 3x coupon that it can be combined with any other offer). I need some LaRoche-Posay sunscreen so it should be a nice bonus.

Can I buy 250$ of giftcards at shell with my Airmiles mastercard, after I have opted in, and that will complete that one PLUS the Shell 10$ in store offer one in a swipe?

So Sobey's urban fresh near the Allen in Toronto is not starting promo until tomorrow. Stopped there and they told me to come back tomorrow as their system wasn't working correctly . Wasn't counting on it just thought since I was nearby that I would give it a try.

Sobeys 10th Line Mississauga NO Mega Miles Booklets and NO Gift Cards available.....:sad2:
Rude staff......................

Shell spend $10.00 in store done!
Very nice staff!

Rona ... I was able to get the grass seed (last package available)...done!
Very rude staff member!

Sobeys Oakville,,..$150 Gift card for future Blue Fridays done!
Very nice staff!

LCBO... I bottle Panama Jack for sister in law's Birthday gift done!
Very nice staff!

I will finish up Monday March 25th at Rexall,,use 190 cash airmiles.

Fastest Mega Miles I've ever done.:dogdance:

Hugs
Mel

@Donald - my hero do you keep track of the coupon codes that post on the receipts?

Did my first MM offer at IGA (Use 95AM, get 5 AM). Coupon code is 118 and the bonus miles do not appear on the receipt as expected for this kind of offer.

Edit: I just noticed that on my receipt it says ''Votre offre Méga Milles est activée!'' (Your Mega Miles offer is activated!). I like that improvement!!!

Last edited:
I completed 3 out of the 5 on my card.

1) Sobey's $150 gift cards x 5. I converted most into Shell gift cards and one $25 LCBO gift card -- 750 air miles
2) LCBO - purchased the PJ's Panamara Jack cream with the LCBO gift card -- 19 air miles
3) Shell - 25L of gas paid for with one of the Shell gift cards -- 6 air miles
4) Metro - fresh2go 16" pizza -- 25 miles

Tonight I grabbed the pizza at Metro for the kids and I. My husband just had a tooth pulled and doesn't feel like having much in the way food so I don't have to cook.

My 5th will be the 190 cash miles at Rexall's on the 25th.

I know the bonus air miles are less this time around but I really love how easy it is to complete this Mega Miles.

Last edited:
Ugh I feel so behind ! I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to check out all the details or follow this thread or get ready for Mega Miles. I won’t bore you with the whys . I just fall into bed at night and hit the ground running when I get up these days.
Tonight I promise to take an hour and make a plan for this promo on my and Dh’s Card.
I know we will do the max amount of gift cards at Sobey’s. But we are waiting for Dh’s new BMO MasterCard to come in the mail first. Then we can use it to buy the gift cards which counts as one offer on each card, and it will count as a second offer on Dh’s card when we opt into the BMO coupon. Finally to get the World Elite bonus 2000 airmiles we have to spend 3000 in the first three months so obviously buying all the gift cards on the MasterCard and using our grocery budget allotment makes sense, and gets us halfway to the 3000 spend. Easy Peasy. We got a notice on Tuesday that it would be here in 7 to 10 business days. So it’s a wait and see if it will be here in time. Fingers crossed.

I just spoke with someone at Urban Fresh in Ottawa. I asked if the Mega Miles GC promo was working. She said the receipts would show promo 30 but no Airmiles were on the receipt. They had lots of cards on hand. I was going to go down tonight but I think I might wait until Saturday morning and see if there's still a glitch they need to work out before I purchase. I would really like to see the AM on the receipt like I did with Sobeys.

This morning when I opted in to the BMO offer it had a map with a list of "local partners". In other words not many of my usual stores. This afternoon when I opted DH in for the offer the page has changed and the list the stores by category. Sobeys and Urban Fresh qualify for the offer. It doesn't specifically exclude GC so I'm hoping they will count. Easy was to check that one off.

Any thoughts?

I’m in rural Ontario (west of Thunder Bay). We have three AM partners where I live and none of them have booklets yet. :sad2: Has anyone had success with offers loaded to their card or printed from the net?

I just spoke with someone at Urban Fresh in Ottawa. I asked if the Mega Miles GC promo was working. She said the receipts would show promo 30 but no Airmiles were on the receipt. They had lots of cards on hand. I was going to go down tonight but I think I might wait until Saturday morning and see if there's still a glitch they need to work out before I purchase. I would really like to see the AM on the receipt like I did with Sobeys.

This morning when I opted in to the BMO offer it had a map with a list of "local partners". In other words not many of my usual stores. This afternoon when I opted DH in for the offer the page has changed and the list the stores by category. Sobeys and Urban Fresh qualify for the offer. It doesn't specifically exclude GC so I'm hoping they will count. Easy was to check that one off.

Any thoughts?

I’m thinking gift cards would count because MasterCard does not know what you bought, only the $ value and the store.

I'm home and working thru this thread to answer any questions that have popped up. I've edited post #6 to show how receipts are printing, if you have any that aren't there, let me know! I had a rotten day, 4 stops to get only one coupon used and I'm not even sure it worked yet :headache: Ended up needing to have lunch out and i wasn't counting on spending that money!
Here's the result of my Facebook chats over the whole stupid "we don't have booklets, give miles, blah blah blah" and my miles not on my Urban Fresh receipt: Kinda blurry pieced together FB chat :P
54268263_292915731604569_2812453733424693248_n.jpg
54433293_845820292417285_65448966514278400_n.jpg

Well, in Manitoba the deals aren't great. I think I can do 3 for sure, it will be a challenge to get to 5. I don't even know if I have ever seen a Rexall's in my life, will have to see if there is one within a 45 minute drive of my house.
I’m in rural Ontario (west of Thunder Bay). We have three AM partners where I live and none of them have booklets yet. :sad2: Has anyone had success with offers loaded to their card or printed from the net?

This is an amazing community and soon there should be people offering to do coupons for others, you will give them your card information and then figure out how to work out the cash involved. If you have cash miles someone could do the Rexall coupon and donate the products to foodbank? OR since there are a bunch of sponsors with multiple coupons someone might be willing to use your card for an extra offer they are already done. For example, during StB I apparently bought a couple bottles of wine and some stuff from IGA :P

Our AMEX is our primary card but I'll use the Mastercard until i hit the $250 mark (i think it's double the miles at partners, right?) YES, it doesn't matter what you purchase for it to count towards your credit card value, the store is assigned a category code and it doesn't matter what you buy so long as it has gone thru with the store's name on the receipt you're golden!

Can I buy 250$ of giftcards at shell with my Airmiles mastercard, after I have opted in, and that will complete that one PLUS the Shell 10$ in store offer one in a swipe?
YES< you can do that but I would recommend splitting the transaction up because you will earn miles on the gift cards at Shell BUT they only give you a max 10 miles per transaction, 1 for every $10. ALSO you can use the MM coupon 4 times (will only count as 1 coupon but you'll get the bonus 5 miles each time!) SO figure out a dollar amount and get individual gift cards for that amount (or close to it) so that you will get the max number of miles!

So Sobey's urban fresh near the Allen in Toronto is not starting promo until tomorrow. Stopped there and they told me to come back tomorrow as their system wasn't working correctly . Wasn't counting on it just thought since I was nearby that I would give it a try.
I cry BULL on that one! You need to let Airmiles know the location so they can follow up, the promo started today, they can't decide when to start it themselves. Unless their entire POS system was down they had the ability to sell you the gift card, they just chose not to (urgh, this crap always happens with Urban Fresh the first day!!)

Ugh I feel so behind ! I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to check out all the details or follow this thread or get ready for Mega Miles. I won’t bore you with the whys . I just fall into bed at night and hit the ground running when I get up these days.
Tonight I promise to take an hour and make a plan for this promo on my and Dh’s Card.
I know we will do the max amount of gift cards at Sobey’s. But we are waiting for Dh’s new BMO MasterCard to come in the mail first. Then we can use it to buy the gift cards which counts as one offer on each card, and it will count as a second offer on Dh’s card when we opt into the BMO coupon. Finally to get the World Elite bonus 2000 airmiles we have to spend 3000 in the first three months so obviously buying all the gift cards on the MasterCard and using our grocery budget allotment makes sense, and gets us halfway to the 3000 spend. Easy Peasy. We got a notice on Tuesday that it would be here in 7 to 10 business days. So it’s a wait and see if it will be here in time. Fingers crossed.
Unless you really want to take the time to wade thru the entire thread you could just read thru the first posts I've done and then scan the thread for my funky font and you should get enough details to figure things out! Do yourself a favour and watch some mindless trash tonight and nibble on junk food till you fall into a carb coma :P

Any thoughts?

That part of the APP is not very intuitive EVER, it's forever telling me it can't locate me and then defaults to some unknown area of Quebec :confused3 The list of stores does seems slightly confusing and now points to a specific web page that is easier to understand, isn't it!

Stores for the Mastercard Mega Miles Opt-In Offer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter