Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

That's it for me today, i need some food, some tv and a ton of sleep. If I've missed a question or you have any suggestions please tag me so I'll get a notification and I'll tackle it later!
tenor.gif

Wow you go to work for one day and 4 pages later....good work all.
I am not too worried about getting this promo done for both cards. Plus if others need help i can do some for them too.

Did my first Mega Miles shop at Sobeys Urban Fresh and it’s a success! I just hope the process could have been smoother. The cashier refused to scan the coupon saying she had been doing it the whole day and it should be ok. She even circled the 75 AM on my receipts, but I was still unsure and questioning her. Then I saw the words “Mega Miles Spring 2019 “ near the top of the receipts. I felt relieved and told her I saw these words here so it should be ok.

There were many Mega Miles booklets there. I grabbed one just in case any store doesn’t accept coupons on my phone. I also bought $50 Shell gift card for my next stop at Shell.

Happy AM Hunting!

I cry BULL on that one! You need to let Airmiles know the location so they can follow up, the promo started today, they can't decide when to start it themselves. Unless their entire POS system was down they had the ability to sell you the gift card, they just chose not to (urgh, this crap always happens with Urban Fresh the first day!!)
They said it was their system that wasn't posting the air miles on the receipt and I didn't want to take the chance that I bought a $75 gift card and got nothing out of it. I had my friend and sister with me and they were going to buy the gift card as well but nobody wanted to fight for the missing miles. My sister and I left there and went to my Sobey's in Ajax and bought the gift card there so 1 down 4 more to go. Easy peasy. I was just checking out the LCBO and I think a nice bottle of Dan Aykroyd wine will be coming home with me this weekend.

Woah! Good catch! I won't have too much problem with that.....I'll buy my gift card from Sobeys, fill up at Shell, shop at Rexall (maybe, since I'll use my Cash miles there), buy the cat a new cat tree at Global pets and hit Foodland a couple of times to make the $250

I've not had it. Is it something that you can pick up without pre-ordering? If so is it well marked as their Fresh to Go?

Ours has a pizza oven and you just pick it up there while you shop. No preordering necessary.

Went to Shell and it’s a success again! Got the meal deal with chicken wrap. I needed $10 for Mega Miles anyway and also, there’s no more hot dog for a cheaper option. Then use the Shell GC to get a Shoppers GC for DD’s card. She needs to buy some games from Shoppers anyway. The receipts show no AM but Promo Code 939 are on both receipts, so I hope it’s all good.

I am glad that Metro has the Cash Miles offer. I can do that one on my card which has enough miles for Rexall and Metro. DD can do the offer for joining the Rewarding Opinion Surveys. There is no need to shop at Foodland this time. Thanks to Metro!!

Did my first Mega Miles shop at Sobeys Urban Fresh and it’s a success! I just hope the process could have been smoother. The cashier refused to scan the coupon saying she had been doing it the whole day and it should be ok. She even circled the 75 AM on my receipts, but I was still unsure and questioning her. Then I saw the words “Mega Miles Spring 2019 “ near the top of the receipts. I felt relieved and told her I saw these words here so it should be ok.

There were many Mega Miles booklets there. I grabbed one just in case any store doesn’t accept coupons on my phone. I also bought $50 Shell gift card for my next stop at Shell.

Happy AM Hunting!

GREAT ... so the system was being a PIA this morning when i finally got my gift card ...this is why i HATE tackling the promos on the first day but i had no choice. I'm glad it worked for you and uber annoyed that this means I'll probably be chasing the total bonus down in 6 - 8 weeks. The miles were supposed to land in my cash account as well so i have enough to do one of those coupons. Really wish i could drink cause i could use a stiff one right now! I was looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow but Lowes just called and my stove will be here between 8 and 10 am :eek:

Happy to report that Urban Fresh GC offer in Ottawa is working. Promo code 30 on receipt, 75AM on receipt and the nice little Mega Miles Spring 2019 message.

I'm all stocked up with GC now. BMO offer is finished if they allow the GC purchases. I ended up purchasing GC for a few friends who asked me to get theirs as I was going downtown anyway. The weather report on the news tonight was my deciding factor in going tonight. We're getting dumped on with wet snow again tomorrow :sad2:

Hmmm.. possible snag in my plan. When you have an airmiles credit card is your personal airmiles number tied to the card ? For example Dh takes his BMO MasterCard to Sobey’s and buys a $150 gift card for Megamiles. Will that post to his airmiles number by default OR can he show my airmiles card so I get the miles but pay with his airmiles credit card ?
I think the answer is that it has to post to him , but thought I would check anyway . Hope that made sense .

I would think the 150 air miles from purchasing the $150 gift card would go to you if he presents your air miles card regardless of which method he pays (ie, CC or debit). If paying with his air miles CC, whatever air miles BMO gives him for purchasing the gift card on the mastercard would go to his air miles.

@pigletto, I do this all the time. I always use my CC to pay for GC but I put them on a variety of different AM cards. I get the benefit of the CC purchase (AM's) and the card gets the "offer" AM.

The offer AM post to the AM card swiped. How it is paid for is a separate from this and any bonus goes to the CC holder. eg. you use an aeroplan credit card to pay for your AM earning GC. The person with the GC gets the AM and the person who paid for it using Aeroplan CC gets their Aeroplan points.

Last edited:
I’m in rural Ontario (west of Thunder Bay). We have three AM partners where I live and none of them have booklets yet. :sad2: Has anyone had success with offers loaded to their card or printed from the net?

Booklets exist in my city but I always print the coupons I use off the website. Some people have reported having issues when using a coupon on their phone but paper coupons work well.

GREAT ... so the system was being a PIA this morning when i finally got my gift card ...this is why i HATE tackling the promos on the first day but i had no choice. I'm glad it worked for you and uber annoyed that this means I'll probably be chasing the total bonus down in 6 - 8 weeks. The miles were supposed to land in my cash account as well so i have enough to do one of those coupons. Really wish i could drink cause i could use a stiff one right now! I was looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow but Lowes just called and my stove will be here between 8 and 10 am :eek:
Hope the AM will show up in your account and you don’t have to chase it. My brain was thinking, “oh mine! I have to do a live chat for the miles again!” Then I saw the words and what a relief!! I really hate chasing miles as well! Pixie dust to you!

Welp, I screwed up my first offer. UGH!

Was at Lawton's this morning and the cashier scanned my coupon THEN my card...thus, the tracker didn't show up on my receipt. I'm now $41 behind the 8 ball on this $95/95 accumulative spend.

Lesson learned...GIVE YOUR CARD FIRST, THEN COUPON! Man, I was dropping eff bombs in my car after that LOL

Update on this issue: I went to my local Lawtons this afternoon because an item I had requested had arrived. While ringing through, I was, gasp! chatting with the employees (we all know that's been highlighted as a no-no during serious AM shopping!!). I was distracted enough that I too, handed over the coupon first, then my card!! Even though I knew better. When I finished and there was no "running total" toward my $95 spent, I realized my mistake and spoke up but... the employees said their system was all messed up today, but I was "assured" that it would have counted. they said it was just the "running tally" part of the system which was malfunctioning, not the AM part. So before you go spend another large amount, perhaps you can do like I'm going to... Spend something small soon, and see what the bottom of the receipt says... Possibly it will say you have the $41+ dollars toward your spend... I hope so, because my order was also $40.

I just might be able to get the 1000 AM after all...I thought being in Florida for 3 weeks would make it tough getting in enough offers, but I have 2 done already today - Sobey's gift card, & Shell - spend $10 in store. When we get back, I will buy our groceries at Foodland, with my Sobey's gift card, and then stop at Metro for the cash in 95 AM promo, then I just have one more to get...keeping my fingers crossed for another Rexall offer for mid April!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter