Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I guess I don't need to worry about being able to go to pharmasave today because, well, none of the ones in our city participate! This shows up on their website
View attachment 896470

For the StB promo @Eveningsong and anyone else wondering about dollarama:
It will count as a CARD LINKED OFFER, that's all. Spend $30 get 1 measly mile but check off an offer as completed

PHARMASAVE has an additional FLASH offer that happens to coincide with the beginning of StB and is completely unrelated. But if you do shop there it will also count as an offer completed.

dollarama did have an offer about a month ago that was the same, as well as the shop twice get 50 miles but that ended in August
Thank you for this 😃! I checked and one near me has a flyer so I’ll check it out after work.

Just phoned my Pharmasave around the corner from me and yes I can redeem and earn Airmiles.
:dogdance:

Maybe call your local Pharmasave before heading out today.

Hugs Mel

I just shopped at the Pharmasave in Oakville (Sobey's plaza Upper Middle and Third Line). It is a cute little store...a mini Shopper's Drug Mart. Lots to buy there without getting something you don't need.
I was also there this morning. I bought a couple items that I did in fact need. However the price was a tiny bit higher than what I would have paid at Superstore. For DD’s card I bought the TP that was on sale. Not the best deal but not horrible either and since the TP fiasco of 2020 I’m never without several packages in the house.

AND…the 1 lonely base mile posted already

I have done 1 online shop at the Mint.ca. Yesterday I found a coin set that I wanted so bought it today and bonus will get 7x my 3 base miles. Now 4 more to do. Dollarama and Shell for sure and maybe I will check out the Pharmasave in Haliburton.

Here's me, pulling my Mama bear routine once again, and stepping up onto my soapbox
Grab your calculator and do the math for what works within your household's budget.
do not over spend in the pursuit of miles just because it has a fancy (and familiar) name
do not buy something you don't use or eat
do not buy something with the thought "i can just donate this"
if you complete the full promo, 5 separate offers that meet the terms, and use your BMO Mastercard for at least one of those, you will earn a total of 825 miles that's only worth $86!!! (95 cash miles = $10)
Now go back to your list and see just how much it will actually cost you to earn those miles.
most stores you need to spend $20 to get 1 mile and based on my math, that's not coming out as a win? If i do 5 transactions in store or online I will spend $100!
If i do a receipt offer that will obviously be less as will buying something from inside shell but I'm not sure this promo will have me rushing out to complete it.
Side note here, I've been unable to focus on the small print for this offer so I'm not sure if it's only on BASE miles earned or are they allowing BONUS miles? That would have the potential of lowering how much you need to spend

back to our regularly scheduled discussion, feel free to ignore the sleep deprived old lady with covid-19
You only have to earn 1 air mile (base or bonus) at each different partner

And I am done.

-Pharmasave for my Dr. Teal's bubble bath which was $0.49 cheaper than at Shopper's
-Global pets for some ear cleaner that the dog needed.
-Costco
-receipt for TP from Costco
-Amazon bread knife that we needed

I will need gas before this is over so Shell will be my backup if something else fails. Pharmasave and receipts have already posted.

Updating my account before heading out of town and the Pharmasave shop for this morning has already posted. I like it when we get instant feedback.

Off to Dollarama for some GC, then Shell for some Powerades (DIL takes them to work). I'll do another shop at Petsmart and two cards will be finished. Whew.

And I am done.

-Pharmasave for my Dr. Teal's bubble bath which was $0.49 cheaper than at Shopper's
-Global pets for some ear cleaner that the dog needed.
-Costco
-receipt for TP from Costco
-Amazon bread knife that we needed

I will need gas before this is over so Shell will be my backup if something else fails. Pharmasave and receipts have already posted.
My greatest apologies if I am misunderstanding, but how is Costco an offer? I'm assuming you were saying you did 5 offers already, 1 being the TP for receipts.
Most likely I'm misunderstanding.
I know using the BMO linked M/C at Costco will trigger the bonus 50, but it alone shouldn't count as an offer unless I'm mistaken?

HUGE shout-out to @bababear_50 for helping the Duck out! I have both Pharmasave and Shell already posted to my account. I'm currently hiding in the basement trying desperately to find dates that work and won't bankrupt us or have us waiting until end of January.

I keep trying random things to see if there are certain parts of my palate that are still functioning. Seems that salt is able to cut thru the nothingness and possibly honey if i just eat it off the spoon. Both of those just make the metallic flavour more pronounced, lovely!

Thanks so much gang for helping me figure out that this promo is possible without as big of an outlay as I was worried about. I have a plan in place now that involves some online shopping for things I truly need and are on sale - boring undiebums from Northern Reflections and a specific craft kit for one of our granddaughters at Staples. I'll see what's on the receipts OOOH look, eggs are and I know from previous trips that a carton of egg whites counts!

Thank you for posting this. Checked my area and not a single store in Vancouver or Richmond BC are listed when I checked the flipp app for my area. Saved me a trip. Disappointing that I can’t do this offer without going further away.
I don't see what flyers have to do with the Pharmasave offer. The one where I did my $10 shop today doesn't even have flyers and they are definitely participating. They had heard all about it.

I do actually buy greeting cards when there is nothing else I need... I just buy the ones that I would buy in the future anyways. I don't send many anymore but there are people like my mother that expect one.
I asked about the greeting cards and was told that they didn’t work for Airmiles when others were trying to do that earlier. At least the store is a 20-min drive to my Global Pet Foods store. Otherwise it really doesn’t worth the drive. I bought alcohol and cough candies. Kit Kat single bars were on sale, but there were not enough for $10. I need this shop as 1 of the 5 for STB. I hope more stores close to home will join Airmiles soon.

Last edited:
I asked about the greeting cards and was told that they didn’t work for Airmiles when others were trying to do that earlier. At least the store is a 20-min drive to my Global Pet Foods store. Otherwise it really doesn’t worth the drive. I bought alcohol and cough candies. Kit Kat single bars were on sale, but there were not enough for $10. I need this shop as 1 of the 5 for STB. I hope more stores close to home will join Airmiles soon.

The pharmasave transaction that didn’t work for me was for greeting cards. I had a second transaction with a greeting card, $12 plus tax, card was $6, and that went through fine.

Had to laugh, greeting cards do not work but alcohol does?

Last edited:
My greatest apologies if I am misunderstanding, but how is Costco an offer? I'm assuming you were saying you did 5 offers already, 1 being the TP for receipts.
Most likely I'm misunderstanding.
I know using the BMO linked M/C at Costco will trigger the bonus 50, but it alone shouldn't count as an offer unless I'm mistaken?

I got 7 miles today from shopping there. I just assumed that counted as a partner of some sort. Does anyone know? It is listed in my transactions as "Warehouse". I know you get 1 am for every $12 spent or something like that. I'm not sure what category it falls under. That's why I was going to do one extra partner, just in case something else doesn't work out.

Last edited:

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest