Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For anyone who forgets the details of the one-day offer to get the 20x here's the details from a couple of posts I made
    • the offer is a one day only event on Saturday may 25th
    • must opt-in before 11:59 pm on May 25th
    • The 20x applies to BASE miles
    • You can earn up to 500 miles
    • You can earn thru multiple different partners (yes that means any number of online stores)
    • My take on this, if it's NOT in the list it's NOT Included- receipt and surveys
I'll pick up my surface and put a list of what I see is explicitly excluded and how we will be maxing out the offer. Need a chance to digest this.

Big caveat here gang, I don't have any connection to Airmiles, just an incredible amount of time on my hands and the desire to study fine-print, follow rules and help others. The offers seem to be drying up so I want to make sure everyone can maximize the ones we do get! Please don't take my suggestions and thoughts as *truth* or inside knowledge and for the love of all things holy, if you don't agree, please don't send me private messages. If you notice mistakes, point them out here and I'll gladly edit and/or delete info. I actually appreciate that they have added the wording " For greater certainty" within the very lengthy terms because my processing skills aren't as clear as they used to be :P
What i see as excluded from this offer

• ALL card-linked offers
  • IHG hotels and resorts
  • Online purchases/booking/sign-ups at : Disney+, Wealthsimple, Amazon Music Unlimited (free trail offer), DAZN, Chef’s Plate, Goodfood, Factor, Hello Fresh, Uber, Uber Eats, Telus, Tiktok Business, and any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays)
  • DREAM MILE bookings for any travel related items thru the Airmiles travel portal under rewards (including Disney tickets) ***CASH booking thru this portal WILL count***

I'm sure this post might ruffle a few feathers (this paragraph for sure) and I'm sorry if that happens. I want to draw attention to this wording again gang, (this is coming from my justice based streak BTW and they reason I merged our 2 accounts, I get twitchy if I don't follow what I see as *rules*) It's not for me to say how others chose to read these words but I simply couldn't continue to ignore that we were, in fact, collecting double miles for our own use.

AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use.
AND the details about how to do the math, and some added notes in RED now that they have posted
A few housekeeping things to remember:
  • bonus miles have until June 24th to post so that all of the individual stores get a chance to report miles earned
  • We will more than likely NOT get the full amount we expect because based on the last couple of promos they will deduct the base miles from the bonus meaning I will see the full 500 since that's the maximum. If you only earned let's say 20 base miles giving you an expected 400 miles you will more than likely get 380 miles posted as bonus ***Based on the odd amount posted to my account, they did in fact substract the base miles from the total bonus earned
  • I'm only going on previous experience, the email AND the splash notice on the top of the survey dashboard that those miles will count but since they were neither included nor excluded in the fine print who knows?! ****Miles from the surveys DID count towards the total bonus
  • Don't bother chasing any miles down yet because they will only show up as *missing miles* and won't trigger the big bonus, just wait the month
  • It's been a guessing game as to when and how these bonuses post. If they are backdated to yesterday they will post to what your account was set to at that point (my case, currently 100% dream) if they post on any other date they will post to what your account is set for on that day. Again, who knows! ****Bonus miles posted how your account is set up TODAY
If you want to do the math yourself to see if you are missing any miles look at your account to see what posted as BASE miles on MAY 25th ONLY and don't forget you won't earn "base miles" twice so if you earned less than 25 base miles that day you need to subtract them from the maximum 500 you could earn.

I'm not overly excited about this. I can only guess what the cost will be and since it's on top of the cost of admission, it's just a cash grab. I can see how it is a benefit for those who do buy lightning lanes though.

Tinkerone I wanted to give you a *I understand* like button .
Just sharing ,,hope not too much info.

While I know it's a cash grab it might help me to experience a few rides where as before I was paying to get into the Park and due to
gut wrenching pain/exhaustion I ended up leaving after an hour or 2 without experiencing any rides.
My Fibromyalgia comes on so strong (flares) sometimes I can fall asleep within 45 seconds and sleep up to 16 or more hours a day.
Not the Go Go Go gal I was 2 years ago. Now mind you there are weeks maybe even months when it seems to abate.
I just never know.
Last trip my son Ryan and I did 7 rides at Universal Studios and had lunch at the Leaky Cauldron. It was such a great day.
I'd love a day like this in Disney.

Hugs Mel

Tinkerone I wanted to give you a *I understand* like button .
Just sharing ,,hope not too much info.

While I know it's a cash grab it might help me to experience a few rides where as before I was paying to get into the Park and due to
gut wrenching pain/exhaustion I ended up leaving after an hour or 2 without experiencing any rides.
My Fibromyalgia comes on so strong (flares) sometimes I can fall asleep within 45 seconds and sleep up to 16 or more hours a day.
Not the Go Go Go gal I was 2 years ago. Now mind you there are weeks maybe even months when it seems to abate.
I just never know.
Last trip my son Ryan and I did 7 rides at Universal Studios and had lunch at the Leaky Cauldron. It was such a great day.
I'd love a day like this in Disney.

Hugs Mel
I don't think we can ever get to much info, any heads up is good.

I hope I didn't offend, I didn't mean to. As I said, I do see how it can be a benefit. I just wish Disney could give something back instead of always taking. It's odd that we now have the honor of paying for what we previously got free as a fast pass. Of course, this will not be the last time they figure out a way to get more money out of us, lol.
Again, hope I didn't offend, it wasn't meant to.

I don't think we can ever get to much info, any heads up is good.

I hope I didn't offend, I didn't mean to. As I said, I do see how it can be a benefit. I just wish Disney could give something back instead of always taking. It's odd that we now have the honor of paying for what we previously got free as a fast pass. Of course, this will not be the last time they figure out a way to get more money out of us, lol.
No sweetie by no means did you offend at all.
Up until 2-3 years ago I stopped going to Disney because of the upcharges and extra charges for this that were once given as a perk or for free.
Is it right that I have to pay extra to get to visit now ? ,, no! but it's the way my life is and sometimes yah got work with what yah have.
I never feel taken advantage of or up charged at Universal. I appreciate all your help when planning a Universal/shopping holiday.

P.S. I used to be the Fast Pass runner in our family and will always have that special memory ,,kicked my son's and grand daughter's butts.

Hugs Mel
1719360936712.png

I am of two minds on the "new" Fastpass. While I have toured without Genie we did miss being able to do some rides. I might consider paying if I could get 3 rides in advance. I might cut down on the # of days we do parks if I knew I could get everything done that I wanted to do in 4 days. Not a fan of having to pay for it though. It would be nice to know how much they are planning on demanding. Likely a sliding scale like Genie+ was.

It will be interesting to see how this new way of doing things plays out.

I'm having trouble logging into the Air Miles app. I put in my info and it just goes back to the login page. I can log in fine thru the browser.

Has anyone experienced this?

I'm having trouble logging into the Air Miles app. I put in my info and it just goes back to the login page. I can log in fine thru the browser.

Has anyone experienced this?
When I try and use the app on my iPad, I get a blank home page. If I go to any other page it works fine. This prevents me from scanning receipts as it doesn’t show the option. Been happening since the last update a few weeks ago. The app works fine on my phone so I just use that but what a pain.
Maybe what’s happening with yours is just a glitch though.

I totally get this!!! It is a cash grab - plain and simple.

But will I buy it - YUP!!!! We are the family who rarely is able to afford to go - and we want to experience those rides and if it costs us a bit more....than I will budget that in. There are other areas we will cut in order to purchase Genie + (staying offsite)

But I seen on a fb thread - that they new system that they are implementing in July where you can purchase that in advance - WON'T be available for Canadians :furious:. thank goodness we will be on US soil 3 days prior to us going to Disney. I do hope they change their minds on that and make it available for us as well.

We are going this fall with our Ds's - for their first trip. It will be their first and probably only time going for a long time unless they want to tag along when we take our gd (hopefully next year or the year after) And they probably don't want to be on a kid focused trip.

I will be using all my pc points - for this trip - I was hoping to have a gc balance left over for Genie +...but I don't think that will happen. I have almost enough to cover the full cost for 4 of us to do 2 park days each - MK and HS. So I'll have to be smart about future purchases from Shopper's and maximize my points. But sadly - the # of items I can seem to find on sale is dwindling :sad1:

Oh well, We will make the most of it, and enjoy alllll the moments!

Ugh...I've been cruising around on the Disney website for an hour - trying to find my non-expiring tickets I had entered onto my account. I just wanted to make sure they were still on there. I can't seem to find how to get to them again.

Anyone remember - or guide me to which page # on this thread I can find that info on

When I try and use the app on my iPad, I get a blank home page. If I go to any other page it works fine. This prevents me from scanning receipts as it doesn’t show the option. Been happening since the last update a few weeks ago. The app works fine on my phone so I just use that but what a pain.
Figured it out! Wasn't working with my VPN on.

Ugh...I've been cruising around on the Disney website for an hour - trying to find my non-expiring tickets I had entered onto my account. I just wanted to make sure they were still on there. I can't seem to find how to get to them again.

Anyone remember - or guide me to which page # on this thread I can find that info on
No problemo! I found 4 posts of yours but I'm thinking THIS POST is the one you want. For future reference, I used the search feature at the top right of the page,
1719436745741.png

On my phone I haven't been able to get the home page for almost a week. Called in and they took my info, so it seems like it's an issue. Won't tell me when it's fixed or contact me because we use the same email for 2 accounts and I refused to change it. So I won't be able to do receipts until they've fixed whatever the problem is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest