Airmiles Armchair Chatter

WestJet email this morning

Dear Melanie,   

You may recall that previously the WestJet Group and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), the union representing our Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AMEs) and other Technical Operations employees, had successfully reached a tentative agreement after nine months of negotiation. Unfortunately, that agreement was not ratified by its membership.
On Monday June 17, 2024, the WestJet Group made a formal request, that the Canadian Industrial Relations Board (CIRB) and Minister of Labour intervene under the Canada Labour code. This process would refer both WestJet and AMFA to arbitration with an unbiased third-party to issue a collective agreement that would be binding and would prevent any labour action by either party. In response to our request, AMFA issued a strike notification which could mean work stoppage for AMEs as early as Thursday June 20 at 7:00 p.m. MT.
As we await a response to our request from the CIRB we are proactively cancelling and consolidating select flights to manage the impact to our guests and our operations. While we make every effort to reaccommodate our guests, please know that if you have upcoming travel that is impacted, details will be sent to the email provided when your booking was made with options for self-serve. In an effort to help manage call volumes, if you are unable to self-serve, please only call us if you are travelling within the next 72 hours. For additional information including proactive measures should you have upcoming travel, you can find more details here: westjet.com/guest-updates.
We continue to manage our business with the highest degree of care, putting the safety and wellbeing of our guests, people, and the integrity of our operations above all. We will continue to keep you, our valued members, informed as this unfolds. We thank you for your continued support and loyalty.

Sincerely,  
WestJet

I have a question for those who know anything about the Alt Hotel at Toronto Airport. It seems to be less expensive than the Sheraton Gateway, where we normally stay. Is it connected by the train service to the airport? I've been looking at this hotel but am getting mixed answers to it. One makes it look like it's connected, another makes it look like you have to go outside and walk to it.
So, if you have stayed, let me know what your thoughts are. TIA.

I have a question for those who know anything about the Alt Hotel at Toronto Airport. It seems to be less expensive than the Sheraton Gateway, where we normally stay. Is it connected by the train service to the airport? I've been looking at this hotel but am getting mixed answers to it. One makes it look like it's connected, another makes it look like you have to go outside and walk to it.

No it isn't attached but it is right beside. We stayed there and really liked it. The rooms were new and modern (a few years ago when we stayed). The walk is simple.

To get to the Alt hotel you have to take the train to the Viscount station which is where the Pearson value parking garage is and also the value outdoor parking lot. From there you walk down to ground level to get out side and it is about a 1 minute walk out side to the Alt hotel.

It is a nice hotel, not as nice as the Sheraton or as convenient but if there is a big price difference it is a good option.

How long does it take for an AM receipt inquiry to be resolved? I sent a receipt on Saturday with broccoli, spinach and cola marked. I got the AM for the broccoli and Cola, but not the spinach. I submitted an inquiry, but I have heard nothing yet. :(

How long does it take for an AM receipt inquiry to be resolved? I sent a receipt on Saturday with broccoli, spinach and cola marked. I got the AM for the broccoli and Cola, but not the spinach. I submitted an inquiry, but I have heard nothing yet. :(
I find that it takes 24 to 48 hours for an inquiry to be looked at. If it is a Friday/Sat/Sun when the inquiry is sent in it takes longer, presumably because no one looks at them on the weekend. If you have checked the inquiry and it still shows they are looking at it, I wouldn't worry.

I've had them take a day or two and another one took a week. Good luck.

I have a few offers that the bonus miles should be posting within the week:

75 bonus miles (Receipts flash offer ) by June 21 (both accounts)
20x bonus miles by June 24 (DH's account)
100 bonus miles (Pharmasave offer) by June 28 (both accounts)

I am praying they just post correctly.

I had to go back and submit another missing miles inquiry for two already submitted receipts. TBF, one was 3 pizzas for 8 miles each, but the description just said Casa Mama...zero mention of what it was.

I have a few offers that the bonus miles should be posting within the week:

75 bonus miles (Receipts flash offer ) by June 21 (both accounts)
20x bonus miles by June 24 (DH's account)
100 bonus miles (Pharmasave offer) by June 28 (both accounts)

I am praying they just post correctly.

I had to go back and submit another missing miles inquiry for two already submitted receipts. TBF, one was 3 pizzas for 8 miles each, but the description just said Casa Mama...zero mention of what it was.
My 75 points Flash Offer just posted.

I had the same thing happen only with tortilla chips. I bought 5 bags of Tostitos but none of them say tortilla chips on the receipt. Scoops, restaurant style and something else so I put in a missing inquiry and we will see what happens.
Also all 3 of my cards had the bonus 75 miles post.

dh needed about 15l of premium gas, I told him I'd get it on the next Blue Jays home game day. I purchased 13L

7cents/l off for BMO card with premium, ends dec 31/24
10cents/l off for using app for premium on a Blue Jays home game day, ends Sept 29/24

1am/l for premium June offer (I think personal, not sure), ends June 30
2x base airmiles with BMO

=15 airmiles plus 17 cents off a liter

And just like that….the vacay is over. We are currently sitting at the gate waiting for the flight home. We had a nice week but it’s never long enough to fit everything in. We did 3 parks, 2 pool days and 1 resort hopping/shopping day. I could have easily gone for another pool day. We had much more rain than usual and a good amount of overcast skies. The perk to overcast days is that it doesn’t feel so hot.

DD went out one night with friends while I did a little more shopping. LOL…I tried to shop. I spent an hour sitting in traffic so by the time I got to where I was going I only had 90ish minutes until I had to go meet up with DD. I went out early yesterday for a little more shopping while DD slept in and then went to the pool. We had planned to have dinner last night with DD’sbestie but again, stuck in traffic and after 25 minutes moving maybe 1km we just bailed and went to the Tambu Lounge at the POLY. Had to sweet talk my way in but we got in. It turned out for the best anyway. DD wanted to buy something she had seen earlier and she wanted one last dole whip. BTW, the food was excellent but way too expensive for a lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter