Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question for those who use the Shell app to pay at the pump. Can you use your AMs when doing this or only the credit card you have on file to pay? I have a ton of offers, one being 50 AMs for using 95 AMS, another being 50 AMs for earning one AM at Shell. Then there is the miles for using the Shell app itself. Want to get as many miles as possible out of this transaction.

You have to unlock your cash account first.

Then they will still ask for a method of payment, so use your credit card like normal. When it asks how much ($) you want to spend. I said $10. It will then recognize that you have cash miles. Follow the prompts on the screen.- Easy peasy.

To earn 1 mile, this is where you have to know how much your tank holds. To earn 1 mile, you need to buy 20L of bronze or 10L of v-power.

Wow the things we do for Air Miles. I went to Shell today to spend my $10 to cash in 95 miles and I got into a discussion on prices with the cashier in the store. I bought the single servings of peanuts and the price on the shelf showed as $1.49 but when I went to cash out I said nope something is wrong as my bill shouldn't be that much. Turns out the price being charged was $1.99 each. The cashier goes well the price on the shelf is wrong and they are $1.99. I fought back so she got a Manager from the back room and he ended up giving me the items for $1.49 each as he should and he removed all the price tags from the shelf.
Guess the prices have gone up and nobody thought about removing the price tags from the shelves. If she hadn't have gotten a Manager I would have just left and not bought anything. It was too late to cash in miles on my cash purchase as my brother did that while I went into the store.
Oh well I actually earned 100 miles and cashed in 95 miles so I am ahead by 5 miles. I did get premium gas as well on a separate bill. I had some other bonuses as well.

My AM receipt for 3 miles (cucumber) went through right away this time! I'm shocked. lol
Mine did the same for my cucumbers as well! Totally shocked since not only do the receipts always need extra time but my receipt was a super long one from Costco.

Now to wait and see if the bonus posts eventually.

So much for the receipt program working well for me this weekend lol I bought a box of pancake mix at Giant Tiger. It said I didn't even have a qualifying item. Like, the receipt says "Pancake mix" lol So now I submitted a missing miles inquiry through the app. Something else for me to keep track of!
My Saturday (we're still investigating) posted this morning when the "A" team arrived at work (not the AI team).

Well we made it to Orlando. Sure wish I was at Disney. SeaWorld was a bit of a busy. Kiddo feels sick, can't tell if it's leftover from flights last night, our one coaster at SW or he is actually sick (no fever). So we hang out at the hotel. At least if we were at Disney I wouldn't feel bad about missing a park day, we have done them all. This feels like an expensive loss. Any way. Weather is lovely, hopefully he feels better tomorrow when we switch to Universal.

Just try to relax Heather
You might find Universal different but it should still provide you with some great memories with your son.

Suggestion for Universal &Islands of Adventure.

Have a bit of a game plan
download the Universal APP
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/landing-page/mobile-app
IMG_3005.jpeg
Hit leaky cauldron (Universal Orlando) 1 1/2 before lunch ,,,no reservations taken here.... but line up builds fast at lunch time, ,,brunch is way easier to get a seat.
You need the universal APP to order food at this restaurant.
Mom & Son
IMG_3009.jpeg
Kids menu
IMG_3023.jpeg
Express Pass is your friend.

Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

No Express Pass here
Hagrid's is best done at early opening or late at night,, people will either be heading to
Hagrid's or VelociCoaster.
Hagrid's stay right and follow the mass of people
VelociCoaster stay left and again follow the mass of people.

Forbidden Journey 🏰🧹
Express Pass can be used here
Straight ahead after Hagrid's
Diagon Alley shops are small and the area can get busy as the day goes on,,(Have a Butter beer).
I like it here first thing in the morning.

Hogwarts Express 🚆
Train station in same area as Castle.
Must have park to park tickets to ride.

The Pool facilities are lovely at RPR.
Jump in that hot tub and soak away the stress.

Mel searching out gardens and flowers IMG_3019.jpeg,,see that Bath Tub?
IMG_3025.jpeg
Little bit of shopping...

Sons Fav
IMG_3014.jpeg
Simpson's Ride

The Mummy Ride
Out and Out scared me to death
son loved it!
Express Pass can be used here.
revenge-of-the-mummy.jpg

VelociCoaster​

Does have Express Pass now.

Breathe and enjoy the street performers ,,they are GREAT!

Check out the windows for Magic wand interaction 🪄

City walk has a decent size Starbucks for an afternoon/morning break.

Hugs to you
Mel

Last edited:
Thank you @bababear_50 I am hoping tomorrow he feels better. He is having a nap but we should be going back to SW for dinner and to see some more stuff, they close at 9 tonight.

We switch to Portofino tomorrow so we have express pass for two days, looking forward to that! I hope we get to ride Hagrids, it looks busy in the app this week. Guess it is March Break.

I have been told to plan a solo trip since he never wants to travel again. So may look at that with my AP I have 15 months of Universal to enjoy. I do look forward to the Harry Potter areas.

On the receipt thing, I would say I'm 50/50 for it working immediately. When it doesn't, it seems to sit in the review status for about 4 days but has always posted eventually. I'm sure this next week will have a good bonus attached to it just because I'm away.

I'm still off work....tomorrow is the 14 day mark. I'm heading in today to see if I can sweet talk my way into getting some work done. Things have greatly improved and all should be back to normal by Friday....however, my vacay starts Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter