• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Maybe someone can help me with this Metro question?
If I buy Neocitran hot drink and Advil cold and flu is it considered ok to get airmiles?
Thanks Hugs Mel

They are in the Pharmacy area at my store but not prescription or behind the counter???

Terms and Conditions​

Offer valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Minimum purchase of $20 must be made in a single transaction, excluding taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. For details and a list of participating stores, visit metro.ca.

Last edited:

I hope so. I remember a few years ago I walked into Metro and one of the workers handed me a card for a bonus X AM. I wasn't expecting anything and that was a really nice touch (it might have been 50 or 100AM).

I woke up this morning to pouring rain (it should be a blizzard but...). I looked at the dog and just said I'm waiting until it stops before he gets a walk today. Should be sometime in the next few hours.

Yesterday he was outside playing with my son's dog and came inside looking more like a Dalmation than a Samoyed. He was white with lots of black spots. I just looked at him and shook my head. By morning it had all dried and fallen off his fur. He looks normal(ish) again. Now I need to swiffer the floors to pick up all the dried dirt.

Amazon is such a weird one and I do wish they had an easy way to see where items fall in their listed categories.
I bought a small wooden stool for my living room in the summer under furniture and it never got any miles.
If a stool is not furniture then what is it?

Giant Tiger lists blanket and throw as household/home why can't Amazon?
I would say a blanket/throw is a household item,,, but again no way to know until for sure.

Best wishes
Hugs Mel

Probably a dumb question but would a blanket/throw count as Health & Household on Amazon?
I did what someone else has suggested and put a blanket in my wish list, then opened it up to see what category is shows up in.
The 2 blankets/throws I looked at all showed up here so based on that I would say no but then again I couldn't find any Health & Household category.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 210053.jpg

So I picked up mega miles today at Shell. Both cars needed gas.
Car 1 - Base 2, Shell+ 2, 3rd fill up 50 miles, Bonus one day miles 40
Car 2 - base 3 - Shell+ 3, 4th fill up 50 miles, Bonus one day 37, V Power bonus 25 (this car has to use premium gas)
Total miles today at Shell 212.
Good thing this promo is cumulative and not just 1 fill up.

I decided to give back today and return a favor.
During the Pandemic my local Starbucks staff gave me a bunch of brown paper bags (free) when I ran out of Christmas bags.
I noticed last night while getting a Latte that they were holding a Food Drive.
7ede33e5a5e252eb910a22ce16f07cf7.jpg
I went home and found the 4 extra Starbucks bags from a few years ago and filled them up.
Every donation helps.
Makes that Grinchy heart grow.

Hugs Mel
growing-heart-emoji.png

Good grief! Read the fine print people, honestly, how hard is that to do? Where were they able to buy $10, 000 worth of gift cards?! Did the merchant not question what they planned on doing with that? Hey, are you paying for the entire neighbourhood to stream?

There has to be a catch that I've missed because I refuse to watch a tic tok video, was there a discount on the gift cards, similar to Costco selling them, or the target deal I've heard rumors of? Why on earth spend that much on gift cards instead of just paying for the trip online? Why would you scratch more than let's give them a bit of leanacy here, 3 cards before realizing there's a problem?

Last edited:
Did anyone do the Metro deal a while back where you had to make a purchase four weeks in a row and you got 75 AMs each time and at the end you were supposed to get an extra 100 AMs? Did anyone get the extra 100 AMs?

Morning guys
Has anyone ordered Disney tickets through airmiles lately? Wondering the lead time ?
I’m in a blue mood. Money is super tight this year and daughters grad trip is in Feb the trip itself in good for its the not working while we are gone will suck.
And the holidays always are hard since I lost my mom I guess. I’ve tried to make it special for the kids but this year I’m working Dec 25, first draft if schedule had me off Xmas day so I picked up the 24th. And you guessed it I’m eves the 23 on a 12 Dec 24 (7-7) and 7-3 Christmas Day. Off the 26th doubles 27/28.I stayed casual to see my kids ha ha ha ha
I think the final string was my landlord . We moved in April haven’t been any trouble texts me yesterday to wish me Merry Christmas and in same text informs me rent will be going up . Like seriously no sense of awareness.
Hugs to all especially those struggling over the holidays .
T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter