Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Two things I love about Metro..
they offer email receipts
and they have great customer service people.:)

Early look at Ontario Metro flyer
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-november-10-to-162/all

Hugs
Mel
There is a guy at my Metro who can literally fix any problem and he seems to not even have to think about it. And...he has the most beautiful face. Last time I had an AM problem he fixed it for me and then leaned over to me, put his hand on my arm and said my name is Mark, I'm always here. I said to him, you're in trouble now because every time I'm here I'm going to call you by name....and I do. He laughed.

Is anyone else constantly getting 5 miles on the carousel?

And I'm looking for some advise. I've been awake since 4am thinking (maybe worrying) about DD going away this week. She has an itinerary, if anyone wants to hear the details. Anyhow, I'm thinking that I don't want her going without a phone that is going to work everywhere. As I said we are prepaid users which don't work outside of Canada...it becomes a WiFi only device. I've been reading the sim card thread but I'm not techie enough to deal with that. Should I run out after work and get her a plan for her phone? It occurred to me that I could get her the new phone she wants if she's ok with that being her Christmas present.

Hi everybody, I have never shopped at Metro but I got 2 coupons through the pick a suitcase promotion that says "spend $40 and get 100 miles" I don't see a barcode or anything? Do I need to print anything out, has anyone else used this one?

If you tap on the prize it brings up a screen to "claim it" where you fill in your info. Not sure if this step is necessary or not but I did it anyway.

I have since spent $40 at Metro two days ago. I'm guessing it will take a long time to post. Maybe not until the end of the promotion.

There is a guy at my Metro who can literally fix any problem and he seems to not even have to think about it. And...he has the most beautiful face. Last time I had an AM problem he fixed it for me and then leaned over to me, put his hand on my arm and said my name is Mark, I'm always here. I said to him, you're in trouble now because every time I'm here I'm going to call you by name....and I do. He laughed.

And I'm looking for some advise. I've been awake since 4am thinking (maybe worrying) about DD going away this week. She has an itinerary, if anyone wants to hear the details. Anyhow, I'm thinking that I don't want her going without a phone that is going to work everywhere. As I said we are prepaid users which don't work outside of Canada...it becomes a WiFi only device. I've been reading the sim card thread but I'm not techie enough to deal with that. Should I run out after work and get her a plan for her phone? It occurred to me that I could get her the new phone she wants if she's ok with that being her Christmas present.
Check into how well a cell service will work on the ship. Depending on who you are with it can be very expensive. Now if you are thinking of her just using wifi to chat with you when she's on the ship that is more manageable. She would only need to use cell service when on dry land. You might want to look and see if your prepaid provider has a postpaid plan. Postpaid plans will work with roaming in the US. (I am with Koodo prepaid, it also doesn't work in the US, but Koodo (bill me plan) works in the US for $X/day she uses it).

My personal thoughts on phones. Don't get anything she/you can't afford to lose or replace.

If you tap on the prize it brings up a screen to "claim it" where you fill in your info. Not sure if this step is necessary or not but I did it anyway.

I have since spent $40 at Metro two days ago. I'm guessing it will take a long time to post. Maybe not until the end of the promotion.
So weird, I didn't get anything that said claim it or anything to fill out?

So weird, I didn't get anything that said claim it or anything to fill out?
going to give this a go
go to my unpacked prizes
go to see prize terms and conditions
now click on the big red Metro sign
I should say congrats on unpacking this awesome prize.
Now fill in the form and submit.
Hope it works for you

Hugs Mel

I think the terms and conditions say something about 4-6 weeks after the promotion the AM will be awarded. The filling in the information part is only for a prize of 100AM or more I believe.

I think you said she was going for orientation before she actually sets sail? Have her ask what they suggest at that point. I think they would be best to know what would best suit her needs. Pretty sure most crew have cell phones and the CM's that do the orientation have probably been asked that question many times. No point getting some plan that may not work or would be more costly than what they might suggest. Just my thought though.
As for the worrying, my sons haven't lived with me in a lot of years, but I still worry about them every day. They each get on the 401 for a short 10-minute drive to go to work every day and that drives me insane. Silly of me but I am 'mom'. As a parent, we will never stop worrying and that's not always a bad thing. :flower3:

going to give this a go
go to my unpacked prizes
go to see prize terms and conditions
now click on the big red Metro sign
I should say congrats on unpacking this awesome prize.
Now fill in the form and submit.
Hope it works for you

Hugs Mel
thanks so much, just found it and filled it out - fingers crossed it will work

I just had to share how impressed I am with redtag.ca. We had to cancel our Disney/Universal trip last minute due to my husband being admitted to hospital. I had purchased our universal tickets through AirMiles/redtag.ca. It clearly states that they are non-refundable, so I was prepared to loose them, but thought I’d email redtag just to see if they could adjust the date of the ticket or anything (we plan on rescheduling our trip when husband is healthy enough). Well, they ended up giving me a credit for the entire value of all 4 tickets. Not a small amount of money. I am blown away. I know the agent I was working with pulled some strings to make it happen, I just never imagined they would credit me the entire value. So, I will be singing the praises of redtag.ca to everyone for a long time lol.

I just had to share how impressed I am with redtag.ca. We had to cancel our Disney/Universal trip last minute due to my husband being admitted to hospital. I had purchased our universal tickets through AirMiles/redtag.ca. It clearly states that they are non-refundable, so I was prepared to loose them, but thought I’d email redtag just to see if they could adjust the date of the ticket or anything (we plan on rescheduling our trip when husband is healthy enough). Well, they ended up giving me a credit for the entire value of all 4 tickets. Not a small amount of money. I am blown away. I know the agent I was working with pulled some strings to make it happen, I just never imagined they would credit me the entire value. So, I will be singing the praises of redtag.ca to everyone for a long time lol.
I hope your dh continues to recover!

This is great news to hear about that. It is always concerning when purchasing things especially park tickets through a third party.

Airmiles Notice
NOTICE:
We're experiencing some technical issues with email login. For now, please log in with your Collector Number and PIN. We apologize for the inconvenience

Check into how well a cell service will work on the ship. Depending on who you are with it can be very expensive. Now if you are thinking of her just using wifi to chat with you when she's on the ship that is more manageable. She would only need to use cell service when on dry land. You might want to look and see if your prepaid provider has a postpaid plan. Postpaid plans will work with roaming in the US. (I am with Koodo prepaid, it also doesn't work in the US, but Koodo (bill me plan) works in the US for $X/day she uses it).

My personal thoughts on phones. Don't get anything she/you can't afford to lose or replace.
I think you said she was going for orientation before she actually sets sail? Have her ask what they suggest at that point. I think they would be best to know what would best suit her needs. Pretty sure most crew have cell phones and the CM's that do the orientation have probably been asked that question many times. No point getting some plan that may not work or would be more costly than what they might suggest. Just my thought though.
As for the worrying, my sons haven't lived with me in a lot of years, but I still worry about them every day. They each get on the 401 for a short 10-minute drive to go to work every day and that drives me insane. Silly of me but I am 'mom'. As a parent, we will never stop worrying and that's not always a bad thing. :flower3:
Thank you both...good advice. I didn't explain myself well at all. I was meaning for her to have the service while in FL this week and then while she's in rehearsals which is in Toronto. The plan will not work at all for on the ship....well it will work but with sky high fees attached so that's not going to happen. We ended up going to the mall last night and getting her a plan with Koodo and sucker me got her the new phone. The one she actually wanted is basically impossible to get without ordering and waiting a month or more. So she 'settled' for a 13 pro max. It took the guy in the store saying to her that if she got the blue no one would know it wasn't the 14. As with everything that has happened with this adventure even the phone thing did not go smoothly. After we got home the store called to say that there had been some sort of system failure and we had to come back to the store so they could cancel and restart the process. DD went back and was there for over an hour.

Then......she gets an email from the casting guy saying that MCO was shutting down due to a hurricane so they did not know what would be happening with her flight. I put her confirmation number in my AC app and it shows her on a different flight. Yet this morning I go on the AC website and her original flight has not been cancelled.

This week ahead she has costume fittings and safety training. For some odd reason the group is staying at the Airport Marriott.....Disney owns what 15 resorts. The only thing I can think of is that the safety training takes place at Port Canaveral so the airport is just that little bit closer. On the upside it does not appear that she will have to share the room. She has a day off on the 16th and is planning to head to MK.

I had a good laugh at one of the lists they sent. It was a what to pack. It says you need a bathing suit and sunscreen. Then the next sentence it says 'It's winter in Toronto, bring a jacket'.

I wouldn’t buy a plan here in Canada. The US has so many cheaper options, get her to wait and see what is available down there.

Hello everyone! I collect Air Miles but rarely check rewards as I am just saving for Universal Orlando tickets. But today I logged on to Air Miles and I don't see the US parks option at all :worried: Is this no longer offered? I'm so sad!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter