• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Shell
I am thinking it would have to be two separate transactions on two separate days to get a total of 40 Airmiles.
I am probably wrong ,,maybe Airmile call or CHAT to get a clear answer.

Chat/Call us
In Toronto 416-226-5171

Rest of Canada & USA 1-888-AIR-MILES (1-888-247-6453)

Terms + Conditions​

*Offer valid September 5 – November 6, 2022, at participating Shell locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and the Northwest Territories only (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any one of the following Gift Cards: Netflix - $60, Uber Eats - $50, Amazon $100, Indigo - $50, The Keg - $50, HBC - $50, PS5 - $50, or Xbox - $50. One transaction per 12-hour period. Offer may be combined with other bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account.

Has anybody used the personal shopper for gift cards, just wondered if I could use a bunch of miles for my Christmas shopping (Lululemon, Best Buy, etc.)?

Shell 1AM for every litre of gas today. Used DH card first (opted in again before he left just to be sure I had done it) got 2 AM. Terms say they may take up to 2 weeks for bonus to show up. OK, I'll wait.

DH came home then went to fill up the other car with my card this time. (opted in again before he left). Got 2AM plus 24AM bonus posted. Why did mine work and his not work at all?

Tried calling Shell and they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes... I'll call AM and complain on Monday. So frustrating...

We managed to get 50 miles today which was my max. My brother put in 50.5210 litres. Nothing like cutting it close. Earned 2 base miles, 2 Onyx miles and the 50 bonus miles.
Just noticed that he got his total to 71.17 so that explains the litre value. He likes to get to weird numbers.

I am trying to figure out what my Airmiles should be for my Shell gas station purchase yesterday.
I prepaid $50 dollars but only pumped 45$ in gas.
I spent $18.46 inside station purchase.
Total came to $62.16 on my mastercard.
I do get a bit of a discount with CAA.

So far Airmiles has credited my account 16 Airmiles,,, somehow I think it should be more?
But I am not sure how much more?
Hugs Mel

shell9.jpg

Mel, my posting from Shell on DH account was incorrect as well. I called AM this morning and they posted the correct amount for me.

How many litres of gas did you purchase? That should have been included in the 1 Mile/Litre line as well. $45 should be well over 30 L so that line should be a lot higher than it is. Check your receipt and contact AM to correct it. If they say terms say it can take up to two weeks mention your friend received hers immediately after purchasing gas.

As an aside your instore purchases should have netted you more AM than just 8. Even if you take the amount you spent instore before tax it will be more than just 8 AM. Their program screwed up

I'm thinking you should have 18AM for instore purchases plus ?AM for X litres of gas in the "1 Mile/Litre..." line.

I was able to get the shell bonus 50 AM with a fill. So with all the extra promos I have linked to my card for the one promo I snagged 70 miles I should also get another 4 AM with using our BMO card as well. I'll take it. Usually dh's tank is full, but since we didn't fill it since returning from our long weekend camping trip, when I mentioned to dh that we got bonus miles if he would fill up the truck today, he was more than happy to go out and do it!

1662994930236.png

Gotta squeeze all the miles we can get. I am 95% sure we are headed to Florida again in February :cool1:

I was able to get the shell bonus 50 AM with a fill. So with all the extra promos I have linked to my card for the one promo I snagged 70 miles I should also get another 4 AM with using our BMO card as well. I'll take it. Usually dh's tank is full, but since we didn't fill it since returning from our long weekend camping trip, when I mentioned to dh that we got bonus miles if he would fill up the truck today, he was more than happy to go out and do it!

View attachment 701784

Gotta squeeze all the miles we can get. I am 95% sure we are headed to Florida again in February :cool1:
That would be awesome.
Hugs Mel

Yeah Cammie! Airmiles online staff.
Ok they posted 50 more Airmiles for the Shell Deal ,,, which makes it a total of 66 Airmiles.
Then I asked about my 360 Bonus Airmiles for my Dr. Ho Tens Unit set. July 14 Merchandise reward.
They refused saying I already got the 360 in the initial price to which I said NO I didn't (I only got 10% off as an Onyx member) ,,,4 holds later and my ability to show screen shot and the 360 with an apology posted.
Whew what a morning.

Hugs
Mel

Those are not "tickets" they are vouchers, and they not non-expiring. I had to call WDW to get ours (2 adults vouchers) reactivated (ours had expired in Sept 2021) and pay around $330 CDN since they were originally in the Canadian rates.

You need to visit a Guest Services booth to get them switch into proper tickets, and you need to bring your passports since they were purchased using the Canadian rate.

You can link them to your MDE now and once you pay to have them reactivated, you can do your park reservations.
Quick update on my Air Miles issued green Canadian non expiring 5 day exchange voucher (that is quite the title for this pass)
I just spent about 30 mins on the phone but was able to get mine put into my MDE and it now shows an expiration date of 2099 hahaha.

The most important part was not the bar code or the long number underneath it but a W number That was beside it in smaller writing because that is the classification of the ticket within their system. It was from that they were able to find the voucher and then verify that it was mine based on the number under the barcode. Just FYI for any of you that need to transfer these vouchers still

Quick update on my Air Miles issued green Canadian non expiring 5 day exchange voucher (that is quite the title for this pass)
I just spent about 30 mins on the phone but was able to get mine put into my MDE and it now shows an expiration date of 2099 hahaha.

The most important part was not the bar code or the long number underneath it but a W number That was beside it in smaller writing because that is the classification of the ticket within their system. It was from that they were able to find the voucher and then verify that it was mine based on the number under the barcode. Just FYI for any of you that need to transfer these vouchers still
That is soooo good to know!!!! Thanks for this information! I'm going to make a sticky note of this and put it onto my actual tickets for future reference. My hope for my tickets that I have is for a mother /daughter trip. So I want to have all my ducks in a row for that trip. This will help with that.

Contacted Airmiles via CHAt
I asked for 10 Airmiles from 2 coke purchases at Shell be posted to my account.
Flat out NO "we had a meeting this morning and there will be NO more missing miles added to accounts." "Go to Help section click on there and be prepared to submit receipt."
Wow,,, not good news.:headache:
Like I am going to take my time to now collect and submit Shell receipts for a 5$ purchase which gains me $1???
Off to ESSO or Petro Canada I go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter