Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I have done 8 of the lunch deals at Shell. Only one turned up on the receipt ---station clerk said Loyalty One is aware of the problem and not to worry that the 400 miles will post...............................................(I have the receipts).
Crossing my fingers.
I will be doing one tomorrow to get my in store MM coupon done.
Hugs
Mel

Grr... updating mine and my husband's air miles account to discover Foodland posted my March 14 purchase as March 16th. On the 14th it was 100% cash miles. On the 16th it was changed back to dream miles.

Now my husband's account is 6 miles short of 190 cash miles for Rexall's. I'm on chat with Air Miles to see if they will fix this. Otherwise I guess I'm forced to switch his back to cash and get another Meal Deal at Shell for cash.

ADDED: They will fix with proof of transaction, which I sent to the e-mail address provided. Only then I was told it would probably take 5 business days before anything is done. So.. switching back to cash miles tonight. I just need to remember NOT to purchase Sobey's gift cards on his account tomorow. Just mine!

Last edited:
So I have done 8 of the lunch deals at Shell. Only one turned up on the receipt ---station clerk said Loyalty One is aware of the problem and not to worry that the 400 miles will post...............................................(I have the receipts).
Crossing my fingers.
I will be doing one tomorrow to get my in store MM coupon done.
Hugs
Mel

Yes, keep your receipts! Every single time the miles do not show on my Shell receipt, they never post. I always have to contact Air Miles to get my miles.

Remember the MM Shell coupon requires spending $10 or more in-store.

As a reminder when switching back and forth between Cash and Dream miles. Check the store details.

Sobeys, Foodland, Metro collect AM Sunday-Saturday and post on Saturday. (Metro shows the date you shopped. Sobeys no matter which day you shopped during the week it will show up as the Saturday's date.) IGA (QC) collect miles Monday-Sunday. This information can be found in the "Get Miles" portion of the Airmiles website.

Every store is different and you need to know what is what if you're concerned about which account things post to. Also when you switch over it takes effect at 3am the next day.

It can be very frustrating when thing go into the "wrong" pile.

@Disney Addicted I know you already know this I'm just adding it here for those who may not be aware.

As a reminder when switching back and forth between Cash and Dream miles. Check the store details.

Sobeys, Foodland, Metro collect AM Sunday-Saturday and post on Saturday. (Metro shows the date you shopped. Sobeys no matter which day you shopped during the week it will show up as the Saturday's date.) IGA (QC) collect miles Monday-Sunday. This information can be found in the "Get Miles" portion of the Airmiles website.

Every store is different and you need to know what is what if you're concerned about which account things post to. Also when you switch over it takes effect at 3am the next day.

It can be very frustrating when thing go into the "wrong" pile.

@Disney Addicted I know you already know this I'm just adding it here for those who may not be aware.

Actually, I did not know this. I fully expected the stores to post the transacation date as the actual transacation date. I know a few have been posted incorrectly but I never looked for a pattern. I thought the few were flukes. Hmm, thank you. Any idea aobut Shell? I'll take a look at the Get Miles section and see what it says.

I'm looking but I don't see where it tells me what day Shell will post as. When I look at my past 11 Shell transacations (Jan to present), all but 1 are posted with the correct transacation date. HOpefully tomorrow's will be posted with tomorrow's date then.

Last edited:
Akkk, almost missed posting the flyer links, starting to droop already when i realized i haven't even looked at them in detail myself yet :eek:

Blurry Rexall On Flyer
Of note: cash mile redemption on the weekend HOWEVER, wait till Monday to use your Mega Miles coupon. Tuesday is Super Senior day - Save 20% off all regular priced items, spend $50 get a $10 gift card AND use your cash miles MM coupon for the trifactor :P

Sobey's ON Flyer
Urban Fresh Flyer

***INTERESTING here -- the Gift Card offer is mentioned in the Urban Fresh Flyer that is identical to the MM coupon ... here comes the confusion :P There's also no limit stated ???*** I'll be checking this tomorrow morning and report back!
Sobey's Western Flyer
Confusing here but looks like if you spend $125 on booze you'll get 125 AM ??
Sobey's Atlantic Flyer
Foodland ON Flyer
Foodland Atlantic Flyer
Metro ON Flyer

Sobey's Western Flyer
Confusing here but looks like if you spend $125 on booze you'll get 125 AM ??

you’re right! sobeys liquor stores have offers like this fairly regularly and it’s a great points boost. i don’t do them too often because we’re more occasional drinkers, so it’s not too often i’m spending that much at once. but they’re good deals when it’s time to stock up.

:hippie:

the really weird part is that we get these offers regularly but it’s not that common for sobeys liquor to participate in big events like mega miles.

Actually, I did not know this. I fully expected the stores to post the transacation date as the actual transacation date. I know a few have been posted incorrectly but I never looked for a pattern. I thought the few were flukes. Hmm, thank you. Any idea aobut Shell? I'll take a look at the Get Miles section and see what it says.

I'm looking but I don't see where it tells me what day Shell will post as. When I look at my past 11 Shell transacations (Jan to present), all but 1 are posted with the correct transacation date. HOpefully tomorrow's will be posted with tomorrow's date then.

Shell usually posts within 3 days of the transaction. Your best bet may be Rexall, something with small AM attached as they post withing 24 hrs.

I've searched and haven't found anything recent. If you find something, please let me know.

ETA - I just checked Westjet Vacations, and the entire Iberostar complex is listed, so what ever the issue may have been, it seems to be resolved.
I texted one of my contacts and her response was... "LOL...it's insider info now, you know what that means....there are better places to go"
So what that means is the problems are not resolved. It might also mean that they are looking to get out of the contract and dump the property. Saying "insider info" means that unless you are on the corp email chain you are not going to know the details.

Last edited:
I texted one of my contacts and her responses was... "LOL...it's insider info now, you know what that means....there are better places to go"
So what that means is the problems are not resolved. It might also mean that they are looking to get out of the contract and dump the property. Saying "insider info" means that unless you are on the corp email chain you are not going to know the details.

Thanks for the head's up.

Just checked out the MM page. Looks like its going to be fairly easy at least for my main card. BMO has an offer, spend $250 at AM sponsors, which will be easy enough to carry out. No Amex offer which made me sad.
All in all it should be easy enough to complete 5 shops. Good luck everyone.

So the fact that Amex isn't in this Mega Miles has my interest piqued and I'm curious of their future directions with AM...

Because... I got an offer in the mail a few weeks ago which I believe made me physically laugh out loud after reading. I still opted in just in case I spend the qualifying amount.... but let me tell you it was a FAR cry from those amazing Soar into More's of old...

Recent Amex offer: Mailed to me personally: Opt in to earn 100 Air Miles!! Spend........... $4100 !!!!!!!!!! in 60 days (I think, I'm doing this from memory, as I don't have the paper handy) and get bonus miles!

What a terrible rate of return. So I opted in, and I'm not spending anything JUST to spend, I just switched to AMEX being my primary spending card for the time being. However, with the Mastercard needing $250, I will remember to use that when I shop at AM sponsors until I get the $250 minimum.

So the fact that Amex isn't in this Mega Miles has my interest piqued and I'm curious of their future directions with AM...

Because... I got an offer in the mail a few weeks ago which I believe made me physically laugh out loud after reading. I still opted in just in case I spend the qualifying amount.... but let me tell you it was a FAR cry from those amazing Soar into More's of old...

Recent Amex offer: Mailed to me personally: Opt in to earn 100 Air Miles!! Spend........... $4100 !!!!!!!!!! in 60 days (I think, I'm doing this from memory, as I don't have the paper handy) and get bonus miles!

What a terrible rate of return. So I opted in, and I'm not spending anything JUST to spend, I just switched to AMEX being my primary spending card for the time being. However, with the Mastercard needing $250, I will remember to use that when I shop at AM sponsors until I get the $250 minimum.

spend 4100$, get 10$ worth of miles?

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So I don't even have my fridge yet, but my 900AM posted this morning. Woohoo!
And i have the opposite! Ordered the stove on Tuesday afternoon, it arrived at 7:55 am today but no miles yet ... hoping the online ordering worked properly!! SO far I'm loving the service from Lowes and my stove is pretty fancy-pants .. think it needs a name :scratchin

54519059_265569547711793_3128281443411689472_n.jpg
54462315_623487181432456_4854159762922668032_n.jpg

Well I was pleasantly surprised when I went to check on my AM and how they posted for this week. I had ordered a couple trays of food for the bridal shower. Since I had to prepay for them when I ordered them, I didn't think I would get my bonus 100 AM for the total being over 100.00 since I " technically " didn't pay for it while the promo was on over the weekend. I wasn't even going to go see if they would " make it right " at customer service since I didn't pay during the promo. But they did give me the bonus 100 miles...such a pleasant surprise!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter