• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok here's my take on the Rexall LnG issues we've been dealing with (take with a grain of salt, it's hot and I'm just a tad more fuddled because of it!)
  • You can load offers to your card either thru the website OR by using the Airmiles app .. they are the same offers, doesn't matter how you add them to your card
  • Offers are slowly becoming targeted again but only for some of us
  • Threshold offers are no longer the same for every card --either nonexistent or completely random
  • These offers are still stacking with email coupons when they show up (not every week for these either!)
  • If there is a large offer that is only valid on the weekend in the flyer it will appear on your list of offers with the wording "no need to load"
  • ONCE and ONLY once there was a one day only offer that only appeared in the app that was NOT loaded to our cards but rather had to be shown as a coupon on some type of mobile device
  • Rexall USED to have their own app that you could see your offers but that seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird so there is no separate app, Airmiles is it
  • This week's threshold spend wasn't valid on the weekend so it wouldn't have stacked with the flyer offer-- this was different from the last 3 weeks
If anyone thinks i've messed up, let me know and I'll edit this ponderous post.

Our app spend 50 get 100 had a load button which is different than the usual load and go that just posts without a load button...which I always assumed was just a repetition of the flyer offer. Anything I have ever had on the load and go with a load button that overlapped a store offer always stacked, except this past weekend. According to the dates, it should have been valid. I did not have the same offer on my loadandgo. It just showed the store offer and didn't have a load button.

Our app spend 50 get 100 had a load button which is different than the usual load and go that just posts without a load button...which I always assumed was just a repetition of the flyer offer. Anything I have ever had on the load and go with a load button that overlapped a store offer always stacked, except this past weekend. According to the dates, it should have been valid. I did not have the same offer on my loadandgo. It just showed the store offer and didn't have a load button.
That just makes it more confusing :P I have no idea what they're trying to do ...i just finished my current book so returned it to the library and loaded the app back on my phone to check what's going on with mine. I have the same offers showing there that are online HOWEVER, even the ones I've used are still there, so it would appear that they don't get removed from the app. Looked online and those 3 offers have moved to the "used" section. I'm thinking i need to stop thinking about this :crazy:

Made a quick stop at Rexall tonight to buy my usual of their probiotics and dishwasher tabs. Lucked out and both were on sale! Then realized oh yeah there is a coupon! Spend $45 and got 62AM, using the $5 off $25 survey soupon, and this weeks spend $40 get 60AM. Thanks, as always, for posting!!

Dang - was hoping for a low spend grocery visit this weekend. May or may not be able to get to $100 spend at Sobeys!! I'm leaning towards not!

Sobeys Ont. Flyer
Spend $100 get 100 airmiles (or a 10.00 GC)--Fri,, Sat ,,, Sun only

A&W G.C buy a 25.00 card get 35.00 airmiles
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1275852

Totally missed seeing the A&W card offer. That may just save my week. DH prefers A&W these days for a quick burger meal and my Harveys GC are almost all used up. Thanks for highlighting this.

So this Sobeys offer? Can I just buy a gift card for 100 dollars and get the 100 airmiles?
Or does this have to be a grocery purchase.?

I'm the same as Osully as I only need a few things this week
Foodland is good for me this week
Buy three Dempsters bread products and get 30 airmiles
Glad kitchen catcher bags buy 2 get 15 airmiles
I might pick up a few A&W Gift cards,,,my choice for a quick burger also.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
So this Sobeys offer? Can I just buy a gift card for 100 dollars and get the 100 airmiles?

I'm the same as Osully as I only need a few things this week
Foodland is good for me this week
Buy three Dempsters bread products and get 30 airmiles
Glad kitchen catcher bags buy 2 get 15 airmiles
Says excludes purchase of gift and phone cards.

Or does this have to be a grocery purchase.?

I'm wishing yes, but most likely no. Howver, with needing a few things in the flyer that are a good price, some meats and time to top up our pasta containers, I should be able to hit $100 on Friday. Too bad the $25 A&W gift card won't count towards the $100 purchase. I'm going to pick up one of those. Maybe two.

Thanks for posting that specifically by the way! It took me going through the flyer link twice to see where it was. I would have totally missed it if you hadn't mentioned it.

@osully I know you were looking at mixers on the Airmiles site --- i was just poking around the site because i need some sort of headphone/ear buds that don't turn my head into some kind of sauna right now and discovered that there are 2 on the Deal of the Week page, including the Cuisinart one i have and love. I *paid* 3000 AM and this week it's only 2812 AM

AM has an under seat suitcase on the Deal of the Week this week... I really want one but if I get it I won't be able to use my AM for flights this winter. I am considering booking an all inclusive package this coming winter instead of my normal cruise, trying to avoid the US if I can, for various reasons (including our crappy exchange rate!). I don't think I can use AM for that purchase any way. At least not without going through a travel agent and then I don't see Sunwing vacations listed and they currently have the best deal for me. I wish we could book travel packages through airmiles site. What to do...

At least I'll be shopping at Sobeys tomorrow for that bonus 100 AM, easy to spend $100 there!

I have to admit I'm jealous of all the Sobey's/Safeway miles people can get. We don't have either store he in Victoria, all our safeways were bought by Sobeys under their Thrifty Foods banner and then sold to Save-on Foods due to anti-competition issues. Thrifty Foods (a Sobey's owned chain) NEVER has any good airmiles promos like their other Sobeys stores.

Time for the weekly flyer studying. Links are active in the first post and here are the ones not provided by our resident early bird Mel, or in this week's case the night hawk :P Side note, anyone else shocked that this will take us into August ?!?!
Super early, fuzzy look at Ontario's Rexall flyer shows it will only be good Fri-Wed , Fri-Sun is a threshold spend $50 = 100 AM Hard to decipher much else but i think today or tomorrow my combined offers will give me 110 AM for a $40 spend and that's a bit easier to do (if we can add vitamins to that, another 30 AM)
Rexall On Flyer
Sobey's -- Ontario, don't forget to snip the coupon from the flyer to get your 100 AM for your $100 spend (not happening for this household!)
Urban Fresh Flyer

• Butterball "bacon" $3.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • WOW, that's the ONLY offer in the flyer but it says "1040 AM in store" but we know that's never quite true
Atlantic Flyer
  • Thursday - Saturday spend $100 get 50 AM
  • Dempsters & Tia Rosa Tortilla $3.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Cold deli meals starting at $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Buy a $25 A & W gift card get 35 AM
  • Buy any 4 McCain products starting at $2.99 get 25 AM
  • Time to stock up on your cereal again monster boxes $6.99 buy 4 get 100 AM
Western Flyer
  • All week, spend $100 get 100 AM
  • Dempsters bread or buns $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Compliments organic eggs -- no price buy 1 get 10 AM
  • Also have the $25 A & W gift card = 35 AM
  • Once again, test that blood sugar and get 200 AM
  • Glad sandwich bags or cling wrap $2.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • July 26th - 29th spend $125 on booze get 125 AM
Foodland Atlantic Flyer
  • Ben's buns (OMG my son would not be impressed :P ) $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Spend $15 on meat or cheese trays get 30 AM
  • Glad freezer bags $2.79 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Old El Paso seasonings $1.39 spend $10 get 15 AM (WOW, that's a lot of tacos!)

Today I went to Sobey's. I needed olive oil, ground beef (7 air miles) and more tostitos chips & sauce (10 air miles). I figured I would give the bonus coupon in the Air Miles APP a try. It was suppose to work at Sobey's only. 4 ice cream products = 50 AM and 2 Stonewall breads = 25 AM. Well, the ice cream products were no longer $4.99 but $6.99 and more so I didn't bother with them. The 25 AMs did not show up on the receipt for the bread. When I took the receipt to CS and showed her the APP offer, she told me she cannot manually credit for the APP offers. That I needed to bring it up with AM. To which I asked to return the breads then.

Foodland: This was better. $35.11 and 76 air miles. Cereal my kids eat (10); 2 packs of Jane's chicken strips (15); 4 breads (50). I had two $4 off Jane's chicken strips coupons from the last time we purchased them. So each box only cost $2.99 instead of $6.99!

I also went to Sobeys to see about using the APP coupons. When I saw that the ice creams were $6.99 I decided to do some scouting for tomorrows shopping trip. Found out that they do carry A&W GC :yay:. I didn't try the APP coupons at all I may try it on something small but like you if it doens't work I'm returning what I bought. I have a rain check from a few weeks ago for Marc Angelo Kabobs so I'll pick those up tomorrow with their associated AM.

Then I'm off the Fresh Co who have Chapmans ice cream on a stick for $2.99. Gotta get there early before they sell out.

Not tomorrow! Friday, Saturday and Sunday only.

At least I'm fairly certain today is Wednesday, correct? Yesterday I thought it was Wednesday when it was Tuesday..

Thanks, I'm on holidays soon and a bit mixed up in dates :) My flyers never came today so I'm not sure how to get the coupon, I assume there will be some in store. I do have a list already made up.

AM has an under seat suitcase on the Deal of the Week this week... I really want one but if I get it I won't be able to use my AM for flights this winter. I am considering booking an all inclusive package this coming winter instead of my normal cruise, trying to avoid the US if I can, for various reasons (including our crappy exchange rate!). I don't think I can use AM for that purchase any way. At least not without going through a travel agent and then I don't see Sunwing vacations listed and they currently have the best deal for me. I wish we could book travel packages through airmiles site. What to do...

At least I'll be shopping at Sobeys tomorrow for that bonus 100 AM, easy to spend $100 there!

Hi Hon
I was / am saving up for a new computer BUT yesterday when the darling son cut his hair all over my bathroom cause he is too cheap to go to the hairdressers, I ordered him a hair grooming cutting kit (it is one of the airmile deals of the week). Now I am back to trying to build up the airmiles.
Sunwing does have some good deals :love::-)
and the under the seat luggage has great zipped storage inside--just saying and purple is such a great color.......Ohhhh and it has spinner wheels.....
Happy shopping.
Hugs Mel
This is what I got my son ---ordered yesterday and delivered today...wow...
1331681039_HCT390XC_2.jpg

25% OFF! Conair Titanium 390 Haircutting and Grooming Kit
521 airmiles
This week only save big on miles!
Special offer available while quantities last. No rain checks will be issued.
This Deal of the Week special is valid until July 29th, 2018

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter