• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question about ordering a one day Disney World ticket from Personal Shopper via airmiles.
Can anyone tell me if they have done this and what the cost for a:
1 day Adult ticket is?
Does the ticket have an expiry date?

Thanks
Hugs Mel

I have to say...that Am sure has dried up. I was trying to maximize the offers they were sending me weekly at Safeway...but now even those have dried up. I'm having a hard time to try to be the enthusiastic collector when there are so few offered. I have been maxing out the PC points thought. I just cashed out 200.00 again last weekend. That brings me to 300.00 already for this year. And I only got a lousy 17.00 of points when I linked my shopppers optimum with the new program. I have been trying to maximize my Pc points by doing some purchases at shoppers on the Saturday/Sunday spend 50.00 get 20X the points. I see they have one this weekend of spend 75.00 get 25,000 points. I will stock up on sunscreen and bug spray and after bite as we are now into mosquito season on northern Alberta again. Hopefully AM steps it up and gives us some decent promos again soon

Weekly flyer link updates are done on the first post and here's the Duck's musings:
Sobeys

Atlantic Flyer
  • Thursday - Sunday spend $150 get 95 AM
  • Large crispy taters $4.99 buy 1 get 10 AM
  • some kind of scratch ticket
  • Spam $4 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Compliments apple sauce $1.49 buy 2 get 5 AM
  • Myers cleaner/soap $4.99 buy 1 get 7 AM
  • $50 gift card from Kent, NSLC PEI liquor stores (i think?) get 25 AM
  • Some things that are embarrassing to put here .. ok pads, tampons, condoms & lubricants confusing math miles range from 5 - 25 AM :confused3

Atlantic also has a Spend $150/95 miles offer.

I'm jumping on the Kent gift card one as we are buying a new BBQ this weekend. Kent has a 5x miles on $100+ this weekend too!

Oh my
The BBQ is not worth fixing,, time for a new one.
The positive is I can get some airmiles on Canadian Tire or Home Depot gift cards at Shell.
Hugs Mel
You could get gift cards for stores that give miles and then do a bit of triple dipping! Buy the gift cards at Shell and get the bonus miles, use your AM credit card to buy those and get more miles then turn around and use the gift cards to buy your BBQ! Lowes has a no-tax sale on right now and a few BBQs are included, not sure what your price mark is but they start around $159 for a Dayna -glo (no idea about the brand!) to over $1,000 for a super-dee-dooper Napolean. They have some nice Broil Kings as well.
Rona has a bunch on sale as well.

Question about ordering a one day Disney World ticket from Personal Shopper via airmiles.
1 day Adult ticket is?

Thanks
Hugs Mel
It wasn't me but I can recall someone once saying that they got the details from a personal shopper on park tickets and it was absolutely obscene the number of miles required.

Oh my
The BBQ is not worth fixing,, time for a new one.
The positive is I can get some airmiles on Canadian Tire or Home Depot gift cards at Shell.
Hugs Mel
If you can hold of for a week or two or maybe three there is usually a sale at Lowes, either $ off of bonus AM. You can get prepaid Visa or MasterCard from Shell to use at Lowes.....if they happen to have the Lowes cards even better, but I went to 5 different Shells last year trying to find them and no luck. I got my BBQ at Lowes last year using prepaid Visa cards from Shell when they had the 7X bonus and that coupled with buying the cards on my Amex and an in store 5X AM promo I earned over 1000 miles.

Another thing with Lowes is that almost every Saturday they have product reps in the store so you can get a guided tour of the BBQ's.....AND if the item you purchase goes on sale within 30 days you can take your receipt in for a price adjustment.

You could get gift cards for stores that give miles and then do a bit of triple dipping! Buy the gift cards at Shell and get the bonus miles, use your AM credit card to buy those and get more miles then turn around and use the gift cards to buy your BBQ! Lowes has a no-tax sale on right now and a few BBQs are included, not sure what your price mark is but they start around $159 for a Dayna -glo (no idea about the brand!) to over $1,000 for a super-dee-dooper Napolean. They have some nice Broil Kings as well.
Rona has a bunch on sale as well.
Dayna-glo is not at all worth your time and trouble unless you are like my brother who buys a cheap BBQ and replaces it every 2-3 years. We bought a Broil King last year. We had a 15yo Webber which was what we were intending to buy again but when we got to Lowes the Broil King rep was in the store and was able to give us a detailed comparison of both. The better warranty and the fact that BK is made in Canada was the tipping point.

Dayna-glo is not at all worth your time and trouble unless you are like my brother who buys a cheap BBQ and replaces it every 2-3 years. We bought a Broil King last year. We had a 15yo Webber which was what we were intending to buy again but when we got to Lowes the Broil King rep was in the store and was able to give us a detailed comparison of both. The better warranty and the fact that BK is made in Canada was the tipping point.
Yup, we have a Broil King for all the reasons you listed PLUS we bought it at Home Hardware -- local business and we know the owners & all the staff, great sale, Aeroplan miles (hubby still collects these :crazy2:) they included delivery, set-up AND removal of the dead one!!! Biggest plus is the CDN factor

1 day Adult ticket is?

Thanks
Hugs Mel

I just redeemed for a 7 day PH tickets thru personal shopper. They said I would receive etickets shortly, so I will let you know if there is an expiry once I receive them. :)
Yes they were more airmiles but I won’t have to pay to upgrade them when I am there so I am happy with it . :)

Oh my everyone's ideas regarding BBQ are just great. I know people love certain brands and I have a favorite also.
Our Coleman lasted us for 12 years and it is a brand that I love. The only place that seems to sell it is Canadian Tire. I have a small backyard so this BBQ fits great. (we have propane).
I am happy that the one I have been looking at is 10% off this weekend and that I will get airmiles for buying the gift cards and also get Canadian tire money back, plus I will get WestJet dollars for using my mastercard.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I just redeemed for a 7 day PH tickets thru personal shopper. They said I would receive etickets shortly, so I will let you know if there is an expiry once I receive them. :)
Yes they were more airmiles but I won’t have to pay to upgrade them when I am there so I am happy with it . :)

Thanks Hon
Hugs Mel

How many AMs did they want for the 7 day parkhopper?

Oh my everyone's ideas regarding BBQ are just great. I know people love certain brands and I have a favorite also.
Our Coleman lasted us for 12 years and it is a brand that I love. The only place that seems to sell it is Canadian Tire. I have a small backyard so this BBQ fits great. (we have propane).
I am happy that the one I have been looking at is 10% off this weekend and that I will get airmiles for buying the gift cards and also get Canadian tire money back, plus I will get WestJet dollars for using my mastercard.
Hugs Mel

Many good reasons to buy a Coleman at CT! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter